Dirt Wizard's Magic Wand Factory and Library Lounge

It’s something I’ve been meaning to do for a minute now but I definitely found some energy and focus from the Malana to get it done even late night! Chalk one point up for “motivational sativa” in the first test I guess

7 Likes

I met up with @catapult tonight to swap some plants and ended up with a whole new garden to rotate in here! Good timing since I have a dead zone in my flowering schedule right now of about a month where I needed something, was going to put some autoflowers or small fems in there but these will do the job nicely! He got some Vortex moms and pollen from me and this Romulan-dominant Big Don cut I’ve been passing around which I’m considering calling Warbird.

One large Stardawg x JTR selection from a Badgers Batch pack

Two JTR moms

Cat Scratch Skunk, his own creation, big revegging cut from the outdoor selection this year:

A Mothers Milk #31 reveg nom

And some unrooted snips of Bay Breeze by Shabud 707, which is Blue Dream x Kush Cleaner (by Loran). I have some of those crosses but not this one and haven’t even tried them yet so this is cool.

Dude also hit me up with a bunch of seeds and some samples of the keeper ladies, which I’m about to go try and you probably won’t hear from me again tonight…

So excited guys! Lotta things here I’ve been meaning to try like the JTR and MaMilk, the CSS is a sorta MaMilk BX according to him, it looks super wild right now in reveg but real healthy green and leathery

22 Likes

They all sound :fire::fire: please let us know how they turn out :call_me_hand:t2: :boom: @Dirt_Wizard

2 Likes

Happy to exchange wares my friend!

One note about the Bay Breeze, she is not the Blue Dream cross, she is zkittles x Kush cleaner.

2 Likes

Oh hahaha yes that’s even better! I was so tired and stoned last night that MM31 is a sledgehammer and then I reached for the hash

7 Likes

Just a heads up and a bump for this project idea from good guy @ChronicMcBudz

4 Likes

Aaaaand besides the two Bay Breeze (Zkittles x Kush Cleaner) cuts there was a Black Cherry Soda BX2 (from Annunaki) snip as well. Damn it’s gonna be fire this winter in the Magic Wand Factory folks

5 Likes

6 Likes

I didn’t try it yet, but I did gather it up before any dust or other crap got on that lid, since I needed to use the bin to burp my Malana plants. It looks good man! I just scraped up the pie plate of hash I must have spilled it from and it’s definitely the same honey oil:

14 Likes

Crew workouts are insane, she’s got early hearing loss from the handfuls of painkillers they used to munch all day like vitamins in between running up hills with sandbags and lifting weights and rowing on the ERG until you fall down. It’s a tough sport!

4 Likes

Absolutely accurate. I threw up every morning for the first 3 days.

4 Likes

Hey @Dirt_Wizard i didn’t realize you were into MTB riding, very cool! Although this summer I didn’t get out nearly as much I too enjoy trail riding and exploring the backcountry on mine. Thanks for sharing your LSO mix, I’ve been looking at this stuff for a while and it’s always good to have a few recipes that just work and well as I need to slowly build up products etc. so hopefully I can give it a shot next year in a 4x4 or two

4 Likes

Oh yeah I grew up on dirt bikes and MTB then became an urban bike guy for a long time, but I’ve been getting back into MTB and dirt road exploring for a while now and that intensified with getting back to someplace where good dirt is just a couple minutes out the garage instead of an hour or more. Got one Salsa hard tail setup pretty modern (if rigid, 26” wheels and V-brakes qualifies) for hardcore trail riding with a 1x and a bash guard and clipless, and then the rest are all adventure tourers and vintage MTB with racks and flat pedals.

4 Likes

If I was going to recommend a starter mix I think it would be something like:

For every 3cf (compressed, 6cf expanded) bale of Sunshine #4 Aggregate Plus (comes with mycos and silica already added)

-2cf coarse perlite
-1cf even coarser pumice
-1cf worm castings
-1cf garden/home compost
-1cf really old, well composted manure of pretty much any kind but not smelling anymore, rabbit or sheep is really good but composted bagged cow or poultry manure is also really easy.
-get a 4# bag of Dr Earth Tomato and Veg 4-6-3, put in half (5 cups) and save half for topdressing later
-get a bag of Espoma Tomato-Tone (3-4-6 with 8% calcium), add a few cups and keep the rest for topdressing
-2# of insect frass (DTE is 3-1-1)
-1# crab/lobster/shrimp shell meal (DTE Crab 4-3-0)

Dr Earth is mostly sea-based, Espoma is mostly chicken and mineral based. The compost, manure and castings are for nitrogen and general organic content and micronutrients, along with good bacteria and fungi, and it’ll give the mix the body of a real soil with the aeration and wicking of peat and perlite. The insect frass makes the plants so husky and the shellfish meal boosts the calcium and chitin for marijuana.

That makes about 12 cubic feet or a hundred gallons of a very spicy soil mix that’ll feed well and recycle well without being insanely hot, my mix burns plants a bit but not to death usually.

Put more simply: 50% Sunshine 4 (peat and perlite), 25% extra aeration (could be lots of things) and 25% heavy (-duty) organic amendments.

Boom you’re done and cooking with fire! :hot_face::fire::evergreen_tree::deciduous_tree:

8 Likes

Checking trichs on the plants coming up to harvest: Frogspawns are looking quite done, the fatter one especially but the lankier one is good enough for me. The FDM Janis wants another week or maybe more! It’s barely got any amber yet and mostly clears too.

Frogspawn:

Janis:

18 Likes

They look great; trichome density on Frogspawn is (kisses fingers like a chef) mwah perfect!

6 Likes

I really enjoy looking at how thoroughly you and other folks strip the indoor plants down. I deal with lots of leaves and larf come harvest time. Partly I think just because they explode outside and get crazy really fast, partly because I don’t know how much removal I can get away with. I struggle thinking “oh I shouldn’t trim that little nugget that’ll be nice” and wind up trashing the tiny ones later in impatience. With time I’ll find the line. In the meantime I like scrutinizing the other approaches.

They both look amazing. I think Janis is one of the only FDM cultivars I don’t have a pack of. Easily fixed problem :wink:

Cheers beautiful grow loved your outdoor sativa’s but too tied up in my own shit to really watch closely.

4 Likes

The latest seedlings are all doing great, got 11/12 in two rounds. Fem photos in the first group are for my flower tent, and the auto fems are probably getting given out to my friends, I might keep one of each idk.

@dinopartychucks Black Light Bubba S1 and Hashtastrophe
@Tonygreen G-Unit
Atlas Froot By The Foot and Face Fat
Twenty20 Mendocino Trizzlers

19 Likes

BLB S1 = Black Light Fantasy x Bubba Kush reversal

Hashtastrophe = Bubbashine Hashplant x Midsicle

G-Unit = Sowahh (SD BX4) x Gorilla Bubble BX5 dometop reversal

Face Fat = GMO #8 x Fatso #84

Froot By The Foot = Cotton Candy x Mythic OG

Trizzlers = “Triangle Kush” x “Watermelon Zkittles”

For seed germination I’ve been scuffing them in a pill bottle with sandpaper then planting directly into Root Riots soaked in H202 and fulvic solution. I make the holes snipped open a little wider in an X shape and have a couple crumbs torn off the top with tweezers that I put back over the seed. I’m finding that the even moisture of the RRs with the mild resistance of the spongy medium seems to pull off shell helmets really reliably which has been a problem for me with peat or soil germination from unsprouted seeds. This is way easy and has been really reliable so far. I keep them in a rotisserie chicken container that gets sprayed inside daily with PureCrop1 to fight off any mold spores that might land, and do weak kelp/fulvic water for the first watering then very weak 20-20-20 with couple drops of soy protein hydrolysate and a few grains of Epsom. Seems to be bulletproof for me so far but time will tell!

Got a grow area reorganization incoming, should have lots of plant and space updates coming up today and tomorrow!

Stay tuned, I might toss in a seed giveaway with the updates just for fun…

20 Likes

Chopped the two Frogspawn this morning, which means I gotta rotate another Big Don into there soon, along with the mature Stardawg x JTR I just swapped for and is looking ready. I might just flip them and take cuts from the latter during stretch since flower is looking pretty empty, but I’m gonna stake and tie the existing plants out wider today and reassess.

15 Likes