Dirt Wizard's Magic Wand Factory and Library Lounge

Yeah, that sounds kind of interesting. 50% off, too, that’s a pretty good deal. I don’t know anything about that breeder, though. The Pineapple Fields was one that I always considered. Or any of Dynasty’s stuff, really, pretty sure they have a good reputation.

I totally forgot that it was, like, Black Friday and all the sales and shit. I won’t be participating this year. Or for the next ten years, at least haha.

2 Likes

Second Generation is DJs son JD Short, though to be honest it seems like Blue Star is doing the more exciting Blueberry work. They both have full access to DJs breeding stock tho

3 Likes

Ahh, okay, yeah, I’ve checked out his stuff. Guess I just forgot that Second Generation was the name. I didn’t realize he was working with other people’s gear, too, though, thought he was just continuing on with DJ’s work.

I’ve got those Blueberry x Silver Lotus seeds from Iamyou, pretty sure there’s gonna be some good stuff to be found in those. I really like the one plant I grew last round, anyway. Blueberry crosses always turn out good, I think, hard to fuck them up.

2 Likes

Ok, I fuckin did it:

Went with @Tonygreen G-Unit, I have been so blown away by the quality and production of the Gorilla Bubble BX5 I just grew that I really want to explore more of the hybrids he’s putting out with it. I’m growing Sowah Grapefruit this time, and now G-Unit is a good fem option (I don’t have many feminized seeds in my collection) to round out a grow, and bulks up my Diesel/Chem options. Got a single pack of the Bandaid Haze x Blueberry to try out, thought about getting a couple but I figure there’s got to be a limit somewhere, and hopefully other folks snap it up, I posted it in the Doc D thread along with a Katsu BAH cross they have for cheap also. This is gonna be my only seed purchase this winter, but I couldn’t pass up on that deal. I made a few trades recently that have some really exciting genetics headed my way, so I’m getting pretty backed up on even top priority strains to grow soon…

6 Likes

With this impulse buy of genetics (because my lights are definitely good enough if I just use them all and well, but seeds- man I love seeds), the idea of new Solstrips is out. I’m going to pull out my 2x QB96 V2 build project with the 320w driver and get down to hanging those alongside my 550. I doubt I’ll ever get them both turned up together, but I want to run everything low for max efficiency and better spread than my current setup. The 550 runs a real 500w, so with 820w total on the ceiling I can run it at 50-70% or about 410-575 watts, and get the highest umol/j from the LM301B diodes plus be lower to the flowers for the same intensity. I’m trying to be smarter and more efficient with my electricity instead of running on high like I do weeks 3-8 of flower and wasting watts. There’s definitely a distinct center hot spot from the 550 that should get better run lower and supplemented.

I also have LED Buddies in CRI 95 white to rehang on the walls or figure out how to use intracanopy, those are driven to 25w and are about as efficient.

And I might rehang my florescent fixtures, one or both, to get UV back in the mix with the Solacure Super B tubes. So I guess I have plenty of lights after all, and I better get to seed crackin!

I don’t know what I was thinking spending any money but better it be on seeds then me have unused lights sitting in drawers, everything I own is modern, Samsung LM301 diodes and Meanwell HLG drivers, so I really don’t have any excuse not to be using them.

2 Likes

You made the best choice of your year. The fem version uses reversed dometop gb and the flowers are absolutely massive, lollipop at least half way about 7 to 10 days before the flip for max effect

4 Likes

Thanks for the good words and advice, @Tonygreen ! That GB was in my top three so far that I’ve grown and I don’t think the others are going to be as consistent. I’m also psyched to get some heavy duty true F1 hybrid action going, and if I break my seed fast it’ll probably be for another one of these sales on your stuff. I’ll post up some Gorilla Bubble cured nugs next time I crack a bag, the first 50g one went quick since I had to share it with everyone and was smoking it every day.

3 Likes

The last thing I need is more seeds but seeing that cart has me scratching my neck like a fiend. Will be looking forward to seeing these spring up soon :+1:t4:

1 Like

G-Unit definitely going in the next grow, 100%, maybe I’ll make that my single plant monster, I want to try one plant this summer in a tent in a 30-40 gallon cloth pot trained out into a giant flat bush, not scrogged but a stadium shape of sorts with stakes. I’m curious to see how much I can get off of one plant under 400-500 watts in a 4x4 with good training.

4 Likes

I didn’t read this with enough comprehension at first, now I’m even more psyched! I was happy enough to find a fem pack still available and on sale, but you’re telling me the fem version is Super-G? A Big Unit? That it’s Poppin’ Them Thangs? Extra selection from the S1 for the dometop? Amazing! A Big Body Benz, you might even say. I take my hat off to you, sir:

Maybe I should cross G-Unit to a Big Buddha Cheese male and name it Randy Johnson in Wisconsin.
(Save your tomatoes, you schmucks can’t hurt my feelings when I’m feeling punny)

Five more packs in stock over there, and I think Tony said they have the last of the fem tubes of G-Unit. I was tempted by Gluetini fems at the same price, but I need that Sowah in my life.

3 Likes

Supercropping day on the flower tent, everyone got bent and twisted into a better open structure with room for all the tops and now more vertical budsites. I love love love using silica, these stems all twisted and bent so easily like rubber. Might mean I’ll be doing a lot of staking later on but we’ll see:

8 Likes

Dragged out the air pump, airstones, and tubing I bought earlier this summer as part of an auto drip halo system I still haven’t built yet. I was gonna aerate the reservoir, still gotta get that together but I’ll need a second air pump and stones now because that just became my tea brewing setup, maybe I’ll upgrade this air pump if I get into it, since 7.8L/min is good for aerating a reservoir but kinda low for this, they recommend a 45L/min pump:

I got three gallons of warm water going in a bucket, sitting on my seedling heat mat to keep it toasty in the seventies down here in the Wand Factory. I mixed half a cup of the Boogie Brew one-part and a couple pinches (maybe 1 heaping teaspoon) of SEA-90 in there (EDIT: turns out I didn’t need to do that, it’s already in the Boogie Base) with a tablespoon of blackstrap molasses and I’m gonna water it in tomorrow after about 24 hours. The girls are going to like this, I think! I didn’t bother with the burlap bag, I’m not putting this through lines so I’ll just water in the solid bits, why waste anything or make it more complicated for myself?

What I’m brewing up is the one-part premixed sample version of this product, it doesn’t keep well once mixed so I gotta try it now or never:

"BOOGIE-BASE© (Part A) INGREDIENTS: Worm Castings, Composted Wood Chips, Bio-Char, Trace Ocean Minerals, Volcanic Rock Ash & Fossilized Kelp.

BOOGIE-BOOST© (Part B) INGREDIENTS: Soluble Kelp Extract, Soybean Hydrolysate, Kelp Meal, Nutritional Yeast, Soybean Meal, Humates, Evaporated Cane Juice (Sugar), Alfalfa Meal, Humic Acid with Potash, Rock Phosphate, Langbeinite, Greensand."

Definitely going to use this setup to try some other teas including just a simple Recharge one, or just castings and some sugar.

8 Likes

Any of you folks ever use dry, enzymatically digested protein hydrolysate powders for nitrogen and aminos?
I’ve been looking at these two, they both look great so I’d love to hear any experiences people have had:

Ferti-Nitro Plus is a lot cheaper, and I can get fish stuff pretty easily here in New England, whether I wanted to make some JADAM shit with brown sugar and fish heads or just buy some local fish fertilizer. So I’m leaning that way at the moment. If I do make fish amino acids, I’m following @FattyRoots plan:

7 Likes

The strainer at the bottom is going to change my life. Simple things…:+1::+1:

I of course, highly recommend the DIY route. You’ll get a much more :fire: product.

5 Likes

For sure, I’d rather ferment something myself, I just needed a plan like that for something that can sit in the corner and not give off odor, because my partner is very against me composting or fermenting plant stuff in the house beyond my dirt bins. I also love the strainer and tap idea, so neat and convenient, just like the worm juice drains people use on their vermiculture bins. So I’m thinking I might start a FAA cooler like that in the spring and let it rock in the garage until frost then bring it inside, figuring it will have gotten through its worst stank by then and just be maturing. I hope…

8 Likes

Hey mate, that FAA thread got moved to another thread, if you wanted to see the end results and some info on smell prevention have a read :call_me_hand:t4:

7 Likes

Thanks for the link, I read that one too, but forgot it was in two different places. The stuff looks great!

3 Likes

Bio-Ag added some amino products to their lineup relatively recently. I only have experience using the multi-mino, but I’m going to be adding the calcium+amino and/or the base aminos next round most likely. It’s available on amazon and reasonable on price and the plants definitely love it. The multi-mino is like their TM-7 but uses enzymatically hydrolyzed soy protein to chelate the micros instead of humics. It leaves no residue and dissolves immediately. Great for foliars and drenches.

3 Likes

Just looked at that link- if you can get 5 pounds sub $40 and not have to pay shipping… I’m jealous. I’d scoop that in a second, it’s luxury nitrogen :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

$16 shipping and $2 tax but that’s still only $54 for a few years worth of nitrogen (to me). I am fascinated by that farm supply place, they have everything but most of its in 50 lb bags. Jealous of anyone in Virginia near them who can pickup in person, my local organic farm place isn’t that good. That Ferti brand looks great, the Ferti-Nitro is even cheaper than DtE Agmino as an organic soluble dry nitrogen

1 Like