Dirt Wizard's Magic Wand Factory and Library Lounge

Thanks for so much information on your sourcing and breeding dude that’s incredible

1 Like

Another happy holiday mail day today, I got in packages from @DefNSmokn and @Weednerd.Anthony

DefN just ran the absolute hottest giveaway this season and I was lucky enough to be there and paying attention at the time, thank you homie!

And Anthony just delivered me the last component of our upcoming Vortex Co-op Run with some of the coveted Producer’s Overstock from Badger and a surprise for me, another @Tardis808 Vortex F2 preservation project pack! Now @buckaroobonsai and I are each gonna end up with one after splitting the first and it turning out to not be needed for the Co-op Run, very cool everyone!

13 Likes

Enjoy the vortex brother ! I’m so excited to see what you do with the run and very excited to run the F2’s once you finish as well!

And I can’t wait to get my guerilla fume crosses in hand, I’m sure it won’t be long now seeing as you got yours !

I love days when the postman brings me my beans ! Always makes my day even though I have quite a collection already haha

I’ll be following along to see your progress with everything @Dirt_Wizard as always I love seeing your work!

5 Likes

Oh wow! Too cool :sunglasses: many thanks to @Tardis808 @GBSG and of course @Weednerd.Anthony for swooping in and saving the day! :pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

5 Likes

Very nice!! Glad to see they made it without issue!

You have got your hands full with those fume crosses and Vortex beans!!! :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

3 Likes

Thank you thank you everyone, it never gets less interesting here at the Magic Wand Factory as grow season progresses! Been busy and missed my day 21 defoliation yesterday, I’m about to get started on that but figured I’d post one last “before” update. It’s not going to be a radical schwazzing, I have enough room in the tent to be generous, but I’ll be taking a decent amount of leaf off after cleaning up some vining earlier this week:

I did get the veg tent potted up to gallons and they’re looking great, a couple being pretty heroic with new leaves and growth, they’re also dropped way down from the light until I lower it later today so they might be stretching a little after being bombarded at 18" until now:

11 Likes

Cloner is bubbling with the Cindy Mix cutting, about to finish up defoliation with the mom and then I’ll post some stripped tent photos:

7 Likes

Day 22 defoliation is done, and the tent reloaded with a lot of breathing room and space to flop a bit as they bud up. I ended up taking all red stemmed fans, as well as most leaves with stems over an inch long, and also removed a few little vining branches and lower budsites to focus all the energy upwards. I’ve never done this before so rigorously, but I’m really looking forward to the tent full of frosty spears instead of leaves. Been getting real sick of popcorn trim jail and having that much leaf mass in the tent pushing humidity up in flower.

I see a lot of people getting great results at growing almost all A-grade buds this way, and I’d rather pull eight or ten perfect dry ounces of potent tops than a pound of mixed goods at this point. Hopefully I’ll end up with a pound of dank and this will be the level up I’ve been trying for in my growing techniques. Gave the girls a strong drink of the old General Organics BioThrive Bloom (2-4-4 plus 0.5% mag and 1% sulfur), the last liquid nutes I expect to use in flower, to help them bounce back in the next few days, besides that topdressing that should just be kicking now after a few weeks. Everything I’ve read that seemed knowledgeable said that with this technique you need to push high nutes and micros immediately afterwards to get the most positive effect and bounce-back from the stressing, I’ll be giving them a SEA-90 foliar tonight at lights off and some Mr Fulvic in tomorrow’s water.

The aftermath, headed back to the nitrogen cycle:

12 Likes

Hell yea @Dirt_Wizard i hear you on the larf dilemma, battling it myself and thinking the same thing, way more ruthless on the leaf stripping next go round. Got the same care package from Def today as well, couldn’t have been happier on a Monday :joy::v:t2:

7 Likes

Now I’m offended LoL :joy:
I made mine for 3$ :sunglasses:

Oh and I’m taking notes from your defoliation, I’ll be hitting 21 day mark soon…
But i doubt there’ll be anything to defoliate, coz I’m gradually plucking 5-10 leaves daily…

I do the same too… :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

3 Likes

Crossposting:

3 Likes

Day 26:

Day 24:

10 Likes

Whooooeeee them girls are perky!!
:+1::muscle::+1:

4 Likes

Doing my best to treat them right over here, I think that the Stonington and fish bone meal topdressing at flip is what I was missing to keep them powered through flower steadily, and the defoliation is making those nodes stack already, I’m really happy with things here

4 Likes

This run I’ve got the UV going again to try and get the terps and THC percentages up, and the other thing I need to do is to set up an air intake from outside to run at night mixed in, to drop tent temps those last few weeks below the 76F ambient in the basement. Hoping to hit 60 in the tents at night and get some better expressions in late flower!

5 Likes

It’s definitely true what they say about terpenes being a defensive mechanism, after the defoliation and pruning, I opened the tent the next day and it stank! Before pruning, a faint weedy odor.

4 Likes

What do you fellas suggest for an affordable silica product?

3 Likes

@Gonzo I would only recommend one thing if you’re in North America, and that’s AgSil16H, or Potsil from the UK if you’re in Europe. There’s no competition when it comes to potency for the dollar compared to soluble, micronized potassium silicate:

6 Likes

@Gonzo Half of the products on the market are liquid solutions (dilutions) of this stuff and the ones that aren’t mostly suck, either way you’re just paying for water. The exception being horsetail based silica products but you should just make those yourself if you want to go the FPJ silica route. Horsetail is up to 25% silica by weight so you just ferment like @BeagleZ and others do to release it. It’s one of those crazy bioaccumulators that sends roots down dozens of feet and cracks into bedrock.

4 Likes

Awesome thanks man :+1: $25 for basically what looks like a lifetime supply (for a small grow) ain’t bad.

4 Likes