Dirt Wizard's Magic Wand Factory and Library Lounge

I like molasses in compost teas because it’s high in Mg and Ca. While whatever sugar source we use for the teas might be “just food for microbes,” that doesn’t mean it doesn’t eventually become plant-available, for lack of a better term. It’s all gonna break down and be used by the soil/plants at some point.

At least, as far as I understand it haha.

Check out Electric Wizard if you haven’t already. I fucking LOVE their album Dopethrone.

9 Likes

Fuck yea! Check out Fuzz too, they got a song called “pollinate” that’s super awesome

8 Likes

My daily driver. Matt Pike is a shirtless wizard!

7 Likes

If Matt ever wears a shirt on stage it’ll be the true sign of the apocalypse :joy::joy:

5 Likes

Back in the saddle at home on Day 38 of veg and Day 48 of flower. Everyone is healthy and jumping or stacking up, got my first autoflower coming up in a 5G pot, three Malana in their seedling pots, and my garden seeds starting to sprout (cucumber and sunflower were first).

Also, the generosity of @HolyAngel is exceeded only by his delivery time in fulfilling a gift, this morning I heard a box thunk on the porch as I made coffee, and this man really hooked it up! I came to growing and Bodhi a little late to catch many of the Snow Lotus or OMG crosses, which I like a lot, and he just filled up my “Snow Lotus” ziploc pretty good!

Blue Tara F3:

@LouDog420 Sour Chem tall pheno:

LDSC short pheno:

Icy Grape F2:

@Tonygreen Sowah Grapefruit:

Malana seedlings:

@BasementBeans Grizzly Grapes x CDLC:

The big girls, throwing out little roots through their fabric pots with the frequent bottom waterings:

32 Likes

Yay! That didn’t take long! Those growhard packs are direct from him in his packaging that I got last year when he showed back up here for a bit. There should be somewhat of a log of those in here

I think the AK-47 F2 he used is from motz/olereynard if I remember correctly but I could be wrong. If I find out otherwise I’ll let you know. GH is a bit hard to get a hold of too.

Other than that, everything is looking absolutely fantastic in here :heart_eyes: loving that Blue Tara!

9 Likes

Damn dirt that’s the hookup. Give thanks for Homy, OG community is better off for having him around. Plants look great too man, stoked that those couple malana are pulling through for you, those are gonna be fun to watch

6 Likes

What I noticed about CBG strains is that the THC crystallizes in the rosin you make out of it.

8 Likes

Day 40 veg, back row L-R is Villain OG, Rhinestone Villain, and OC V2. Front row L-R is Chem D x BOO, Blueberry x T1000, and G-Unit. The Blueberry cross from @iamyou_youareme is very crinkly and very large leaved!

Malana seedlings doing fantastic:

Autoflower doing it’s thing in the corner, ordered a 4 cubic foot bag of coarse perlite today to turn that one into a little sort of hempy/SIP hybrid with a 5G bucket after realizing the 5G Dirt Pot fit perfectly inside. I am short on money and experimenting so I got it for $42 shipped from Walmart, but in the future I know now that Greenhouse Megastore has it 25% cheaper if I get two bags and hit $99 free shipping. The plan is to drill in some Stonington, fish bone meal, and Osmocote into the pot before it roots out much, and keep the bottom watering nothing but probiotics, probably just LABS and Hygrozyme.

Garden seedlings love some new Black Gold potting mix and weed nutes/bennies:

Flower tent Day 50, starting to fatten up and stack more:

Blue Tara:

LDSC tall:

LDSC short:

Icy Grape:

Sowah Grapefruit:

29 Likes

You and @ramblinrose are killing me with your Blue Tara’s! Nice work! I just popped a bunch of seeds but couldn’t find this 5 pack I had of BT. I popped some Sour Diesel in its place, then found the pack a day or two later. Looking forward to hearing y’all’s thoughts!

9 Likes

If anyone is stocking up for the summer grow season or even next year’s indoor, AM Leonard is having one of their great sales on full sized commercial bags and bales shipped to you for free at $125 order minimum. Or, if you can pick up in person, $10 of $99 or 10% off $125+. Check it out! I might need to do an order for my yard and garden soon at these prices:

Nice looking dirt:

Lol who’s gonna buy this:

8 Likes

Put six more seeds into Jiffy pucks tonight after 24hr soak and a gentle cracking, this time I made sure to soak my Jiffy 7s for a full six hours then left them covered on the heat mat for 24 more. Definitely fluffier and more open than the shorter soak, this is the right way for me. I decided to skip what seemed like an unnecessary step of letting the seeds sprout in the plugs first and just buried them at the top of 3”square pots full of slightly enriched seed starting mix, with the wraps already off. I think this should increase seedling vigor while still giving all the benefits of the starter puck, and keep the pucks a more even moisture.

Along with the three Malana these should give me the 3-4 ladies I need for another Type 1 high-THC flower run, since half of the one in veg right now is experimental Type II or III low- or no-THC and at least half of it is earmarked for my friend who’s looking for CBG and people he knows. Also all of these are sexy enough genetics that I’m going to try a male isolation box in a Sterilite this time around and collect some pollen to hit the ladies with on branches. Any of these on any other sounds great, if a little crazy polyhybrid, since these are all pretty strong F1s.

Seeds that went down (all sprouted at least a little tail in 24hrs):

-2x TGTB- Big Don (Romulan IBL x GG4 RIL)

-2x Fleur Du Mal- Ortega Mix (NL2/NL5/African Sherbet x Ortega)

-2x Second Generation- Stretch (Bandaid Haze x F4 Blueberry)

13 Likes

Day 43 in veg:

First seedling is up of the six, a strong Big Don before anyone else even pushes the dirt up:

Day 53 of flower, still stacking and frosting all around, I put in my LED Buddies as intracanopy lights and it looks pretty good just carefully draped in there like Christmas lights and twist tied a little:

A Chapin tank sprayer isn’t in the budget yet, and would be overkill for my grow area, what I need is very nice hand pump sprayer of 2-4L. But what I found when shopping for yard stuff online was that the pro grade Chapin hose end sprayer is actually only $25 and looks like it’ll last forever, so this is gonna be a fun summer:

14 Likes

Very interesting. I remember right when rosin started getting popular with hair straighteners I made some with various genetics on hand. Almost all that I made with one of DJ’s (blueberry sativa x blueberry indica) turned out crystalline / glassy whereas other strains turned out more sappy and sticky. No clue if it had any CBG and it was on the weaker side.

Sungolds are amazing!

6 Likes

Here’s a lil link dump on some cool current and older papers on cannabis genetic research, indoor growing conditions, and cannabigerol:

American Journal of Plant Sciences
Vol.10 No.06(2019), Article ID:93052,22 pages
10.4236/ajps.2019.106067

Cannabis Indoor Growing Conditions, Management Practices, and Post-Harvest Treatment: A Review

2019 Cannabis Indoor Growing Conditions, Management Practices, and Post-Harvest Treatment A Review.pdf (725.6 KB)

ijms-23-07929.pdf (1.8 MB)

The_origin_of_the_genus_Cannabis.pdf (488.5 KB)

Cannabis in Eurasia.pdf (3.7 MB)

More Food from Soil Science.pdf (1.4 MB)

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C7&q=“va+Tiedjens”&btnG=

agronomy-10-00955.pdf (1.3 MB)

Massive PDF of a NASA slideshow from 2021 about what’s currently known about gravitropism, magnetotropism, and generally growing in micro- or zero-gravity:

9 Likes

I really learned what indeterminate tomatoes means last year, we made new raised beds and I tried a hugelkultur fabric bed hybrid with local compost and loam mix, and Tomato-Tone for good measure. We must have harvested thousands of Sungolds, and they were only half of one 30” x 86” bed! But they’re candy and they keep well, so I am not mad at all. This year just one bed of tomatoes though, and much larger/stronger trellis…

6 Likes

Periodic repost of the cheapest source for Inkbird ITH-10 temp/hygrometers which are my preferred ones for grow, dry, and cure monitoring. They’re very accurate to each other and can be calibrated as well. Much nicer than the little cube jawns that come by the dozen, and about the same price or cheaper from this guy with used once meters from the food industry (HAACP food safety compliance, they have to put data loggers in food shipments to prove it was held in a safe temperate range in transit):

5 Likes

Gotta second that, I picked up a bag of these and I love em

2 Likes

Yea Inkbird has hit a nice price/design threshold like Mars Hydro or AC Infinity, but in their own niche. I’ve found everything I used from them so far to be really simple and also clean but still have all the features I need. The ITH-10 is nice because it does the live display and also the history just like my bigger Vivosun panel but it’s small enough to Velcro somewhere or use in Grove bags and then I just wipe them off periodically with an alcohol swab. They are just super useful around the house too for figuring out some stuff with heating and airflow etc and keeping an eye on our wet basement (which is what my Vivosun gets used for nowadays on my gardening desk down there).

2 Likes

That’s interesting, I’ve always wondered if DJ’s selection for effects over power or yield meant that his lines preserved more interesting minors like CBG. Did a little google-fu and the only reference that popped out at me was this one hybrid from Second Generation that got the “cannabigerol” category keyword at DCSE:

Maybe @Josh_Blue can address the K45 and if that’s where the CBG might be? Or I know that @Kavman and @MAHAKALA are very familiar with the Temple Flo if that’s the answer?

3 Likes