Dirt Wizard's Magic Wand Factory and Library Lounge

Here’s a possibility for a Trainwreck cross to trade for, @newb2.0 made some Spirit Train F2s, that’s Trainwreck x Kashmir, could be a good cross if not a BX:

Also these folks out of Oregon work a few strains that all kinda start with a Trainwreck x Purps cross from the old medical collectives, they have a bunch of $15 packs and this big box of stuff for $50, some of which is a little old but probably well stored and totally viable:

5 Likes

Man that’s super nice of you. I’m not sure what my “dream strain” is yet but perhaps one day in the future :+1: Glad I popped in this thread, my kinda ppl. Already learned 3 things in here tonight :vulcan_salute:

4 Likes

Thank you @BeagleZ and @Dirt_Wizard ! I do have a pack of those spirit train f2s, so that’s kind of a cool idea, and I also appreciate the links!
No rush to cross check stock beegz.

4 Likes

Guys, this Oly Mountain fish compost is no joke! Besides smelling as close the Devil’s butthole as I’m willing to allow inside my garden, I opened that bag two weeks ago at most and look at this from today when I opened it to scoop some more into a compost tea:

You betcha I tossed a cup into each dirt bin with those chopped up leaves and stems, let’s fuckin goooo!

They have some good videos, I’m about to smoke a bedtime joint and watch them turn fish into dirt.

https://olyfish.com/

5 Likes

New LouDog Christmas sale just dropped, $50 donation for three packs:

2 Likes

@BeagleZ here’s my best lead on it, if you want to pull the thread- it was released pure, Dino Party Chucks has the Bubbashine F2s and as of late last year was gonna do some work with them, whether that’s just crosses or F3 as well IDK:

Post in thread ‘Dino Party Chucking Co’ https://phenohunter.org/index.php?threads/dino-party-chucking-co.2028/post-118643

Happy hunting!

5 Likes

Yea he has bubbashine x g13hp f2s - theyre nice plants just finished up 2 and made f3s! Not pure bubbashine tho - that may be gone for good, havent seen that mentioned in a loooooong time.

4 Likes

Crossposting: inline fan repair (breakdown video and repacking sealed bearings for motor shaft):

4 Likes

Just got caught up on this thread!

yes-scheming
Lot of good chatter going on in here! I too am nervous about planting horsetail! Lived in the NW and shit was everywhere. Difficult to eradicate if you did indeed want to get rid of it. I like your idea of planting it back by your creek @BeagleZ It would probably take off back there. I use AgSil 16h also for all my silica needs.

Dream strain you say?!? Not really a dream, but one that holds fond memories of my traveling, west coast days is Trinity. Or maybe some of that super piney tasting 90s shit from the Dead/Phish days. “Kind” bud was all we knew it was called or “Super-Phresh-Headie-Nuggets.”

3 Likes

Nice, nice glad to hear from someone who actually had to fight the horsetail, it’s cool stuff but I want to always mention the spores and rhizomes thing because I don’t think anyone would see that coming! From what I’ve read, it’s used for bioremediation a lot since it’s a “hyperaccumulator” which makes me think you’d want to grow it somewhere unpolluted for use on your food and herb plants, but it is really an incredible soil stabilizer from everything I’ve read. Those deep tap roots crack through any kind of compacted soil and even into fissures in the bedrock, and improve drainage. So stabilizing a creek bed mixed with nettles and comfrey, maybe calendula flowers and some other stuff would be great and a really neat wildcrafting garden idea for a marginal space.

Haven’t ever come across the Trinity out here on the East Coast but it sounds like a good ole strain! When it comes to pine weed I’ll take a look at the collection and let you know later today if I find anything that fits the bill.

5 Likes

I was a landscaper in college. Weeding garden beds with horsetail and stinging nettles was my life. The leaves if broken off, even the tiniest piece, will root and take off. Crazy, but keeps you employed.

Don’t worry about the pine weed seed! I’ve got a couple that I think will fit that bill, that I hope to get to soon. Thank you though! Peace!

4 Likes

Day 25:

How I strain my compost teas:

-flour sifter from Goodwill
-plant elevator
-5g bucket
-knock the strainer into my soil bins

And a mail day today from @CADMAN repacked and getting filed away in the seed fridge:

14 Likes

Looking good brother…

Rice to keep the humidity in check, great idea :heart_eyes::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

2 Likes

Arborio because I was too lazy to get into the big bag of basmati :⁠-⁠)

2 Likes

I just repacked some beans with Arborio rice myself actually, we’ve got an old bag sitting in the pantry that wouldn’t be missed :joy:

2 Likes

I gotta watch this and think about my spectrums etc, good summary, @nube

4 Likes

Some high class desiccant yo!

2 Likes

Hi dirt wizard, I saw you have ordered from Oregon Elite Seeds in the past. Would you recommend them?

I was wondering if you have grown out any seeds from that bank, and if the germ rates were ok on the packs you bought from them.

4 Likes

Hi @zephyr I ordered recently from them for the first time because they were the last ones with Tonygreen’s G-Unit in feminized form, I had a normal and good experience with my order but couldn’t tell you more than that, I haven’t sprouted them yet.

3 Likes

I have 3 arcata fems left @HeadyBearAdventures … not sure if fems do you good for what your goal is but they are yours if you say the word.

5 Likes