Dirt Wizard's Magic Wand Factory and Library Lounge

I didn’t get a picture when I was at home briefly today but there’s definitely some activity, I saw at least a few green shoots that I’ll check out and orient correctly tonight, with some pictures and a count for you all watching!

3 Likes

Hell yeah! Excited :rocket:

2 Likes

Update on the Vortex seedrun, we’ve got four healthy seedlings from Round 1, and Round 2 is looking very good! Root Riots and fulvic/IBA was the way, I am going to keep using this one! As of tonight I have all five NSPO germinated, four strongly and one decently, both G/BB germing but slower, and unfortunately no movement on the two GZ :sob::frowning:

I picked the RR away from them and any that weren’t rooted down well got reoriented and a few shells removed, some still have a day before they give them up. Another dip in a little water, a good PC1 soak on top, and back into the dome!

@Weednerd.Anthony
@Guitarzan
@Griftee
@buckaroobonsai
@FieldEffect
@Foreigner
@Tejas
@nube
@CamTheCannaman

23 Likes

Nice dude, we got the numbers we needed, great job everyone who has put into this, OG FTW!

5 Likes

The dude who I got those from was named @Griftee @Dirt_Wizard :sunglasses:

6 Likes

@buckaroobonsai oh shoot my bad! I will correct that to represent the correct source you traded with for these

4 Likes

Man, I have been STRESSING over here but it’s honestly good that I’m working so much and otherwise out of the house because it’s keeping me from fucking with things too much! The day I get everyone potted up from 3” squares pots I’m going to flower in will be a good one! Then it’s just wait a week or two and flip them and we are cruising to seedtown! Germination is the part of growing I’m still learning the most about, I think. I haven’t lost a plant yet once it gets past the first two weeks, may Satan protect me on this one too, getting 10-12 plants would be a dream with my space and I think that’s the ideal for coop runs is one 10-12 seed breeder pack grown to completion. Big ups to Norstar for the freshness of these NSPO beans, it’s clear that at leas the Vortex ones on sale at Genetic Supply were very viable!

12 Likes

What size containers are you going to flower in again? I know we talked about it but I can’t remember.

4 Likes

I have been waffling depending on the number of plants, now that it’s twelve or less I think I’m going to use 5G Pro-Cal nursery pots because I have a dozen of those and they’ll fit nice in the 4x4 tent in a 3x3 pot grid, or 3x4 layout if there’s that many. I was going to maybe use 2G cloth pots but I would have to flood for watering to keep up with them, the bigger plastic pots should be more manageable. I do want to make A LOT of seeds too, and if I can get 50+ gallons of dirt working in there I know they’ll leave me shucking for days

7 Likes

I know I need a few thousand minimum for the coop, I’d like to hit 5k or more to have a bunch for fundraisers and gifting around the world in farmer packs. And also it would be cool if the Coop pucks were two dozen the way a few I’ve gotten have been!

5 Likes

5 gallons should do nicely :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yeah I like bigger packs too, lol.
And I have a good feeling you’ll pull at least 10-12 thousand @Dirt_Wizard

3 Likes

11 Likes

Big packs are clutch, I try and buy 2 packs if I can when possible as I feel 20+ gives me enough to either do a big explore or a regular one and a revisit or enough for a small repro

6 Likes

That’s great news!

2 Likes

Update from before work today: things are going good!

17 Likes

In the grove bag for the cure…

13 Likes

Looking good, brother! Can’t wait to hear the report on smells as they develop in there, my favorite part is pulling one open and sticking my head in!

4 Likes

Update from before work today: repotted three NSPO and one G/BB up to 3” tall squares, that’s eight into seedling stage having shown roots in the plug and gotten potted up into light mix. Still have a few cooking in the plugs slowly, starting a dry cycle to see who goes for it finally:

Aaand I pulled out 140g of shake mostly sugar from the past few runs, got that dehydrating hard in a Sterilite with the Eva-Dry for a few days before sifting:

14 Likes

got a big ol bag of trim and larf curing in a terp loc grove…

9 Likes