Dirt Wizard's Magic Wand Factory and Library Lounge

12 5 gallons in a 4x4?

3 Likes

We’re gonna see how many seedlings I get, it’s at eight so far and these are trade “5 gallon” pots so not quite really. I can easily fit nine, twelve wouldn’t be too hard. These plants are getting shaped and clipped however they need to be to fit and that’s maybe half the dirt I currently have in there (80 gallons or so, 2x15G and 2x25G). I’ve run as many as six large ish plants in 5G with no problems before, I don’t really leave a single square inch of canopy open if I can.

5 Likes

Nice, gives me some hope that I could actually f2 some stuff I have… I usually run 3 gals and 2 of those with a 5 week veg typically fills my tent up. How long of a veg do you think you’d have to do to keep everything nice and neat?

2 Likes

Pretty short, probably about a month counted from when they root into the 3” square, so the clock is just started

2 Likes

My experience with Cindy and Apollos in hybrids is okay at this point, no experience with Space Queen but this Big Don I have going to see what Romulan is like says she’s a stretchy lanky plant for sure, that thing is taking over my tent and flowering fast as fuck boi. The plan is repot into the 5G in a few weeks, give them a topdress and a week or two then flip and pray

6 Likes

Day 59 in flower for the three older ladies, and Day something like 15-18 for the Big Don?

@iamyou_youareme BB x T-1000:

Useful Chem D x Bag of Oranges:

@Tonygreen G-Unit fem:

28 Likes

@Dirt_Wizard I’m really excited to see the Vortex project taking off. Good luck! :grinning:

5 Likes

Day 63 and I took all the fans off the three ladies finishing- G-Unit, Chem D x BOO, and BB x T-1000. They’re getting 70 days then pushed out of the flowering tent. Big Don is fucking insane, it’s only 3-4 weeks into flower max and has entire-ass top buds! So fast! Also huge! Taking over 1/3 of a 4x4 after staking, and I think she’ll fill it in. I need to get my 2x4 running to put her in, but the basement is periodically flooding. So I keep holding off, even though I set up that one on a pallet.

After a deep clean and sanitize reset in 4x4 I’ll move the eight surviving Vortex seedlings (hopefully, one or two are iffy but making it so far). Repotted, they’ll root out for a few weeks max and then get flipped.

8 Likes

Awesome news, other than basement flooding :confused:

Sounds like Big Don is living up to it’s name :joy:

Looking forward to watching the Vortex run.

4 Likes

Are those real rapid rooters or all natural plugs or are they the weird sponge ones from china. Asking cause I just got some weird ones from china on Amazon said natural but…

they came with this weird split also. Idk I hope they work just had to return a box of them cause they were so dense the seed would jump out of the cube instead of growing roots through it.

3 Likes

Yea I don’t think those are the real deal, but I’m also not convinced that the knockoffs are much different, as long as it’s spongy and airy it should still be a good medium. People say the brand name RR don’t decompose anymore with the newer binder recipe so I wouldn’t stress it too much

2 Likes

I used a cold chisel and hammer drill to punch A Hole through the floor and install a sump. 100x better than the f-ing floods!

3 Likes

Those look like what floraflex is selling now, went to reup on rapids or root riots and they no longer have either at both of my local shops, I bought these floraflex things but I’m unsure if they’ll be any faster than my macro plugs (grodan/rockwool) that I’ve been using for 15 years and have like 1000 of still

2 Likes

No these are nock offs not the real deal

1 Like

Mail day at the factory, these orders are a split between me and another OG who needed some forwarding over the pond. I’m after Purps/Bubba and he’s after Triangle. Dino and Caleb hooked it right on up! Dino’s Daytime Lingerie gets you a shirt, a Triangle S1 pack, and another unreleased pack, probably the Chopper Sic Balls here (lol as always with RBJF). Moonijuana is another freebie that I almost ordered, so that’s real cool. Caleb saw the Purps hunt I had in mind somehow and I got PZ F2s that I’ll try out before I pop the F1s and some PCK itself, nice nice nice:

12 Likes

Got a new bowl in from David James Glass on Instagram, I like his dichro double blown stuff a lot but I had to scoop this big fat spoon with some surface work that leaves me singing “Under The Sea” from the Little Mermaid:

14 Likes

Nice! That’s a biggun too

4 Likes

Yea I been asking him for a fatty, something just like a normal spoon but on large thick tubing

5 Likes

Or “I’d like to be under the sea, in an octopus’s garden in the shade”, but yeah, picturing you singing Little Mermaid is much better, haha.

4 Likes

Vortex seedlings: older ones looking great, younger ones struggling except for one NSPO

Big Don what the hell girl:

BB x T-1000:

G-Unit:

Chem D x BOO:

Veg tent whole floor shot, lots of things in there if you read back in the thread, everyone seems very happy under the new Viparspectra:

23 Likes