Dirt Wizard's Magic Wand Factory and Library Lounge

Ry cooder and John hurt wow 2 great guitar players

2 Likes

Hell yea bud that’s my old stomping grounds

2 Likes

It’s incredible how the vinyl resurgence has meant that you can get inexpensive, not-terrible turntables again, for most of my life it’s been shitty Crosley and other almost useless stuff, toy record players were all that existed in the low end. But we just got one of these last year to listen to our expanding record collection and man it’s pretty good! Got ours new for like $90 on sale, they go used for $50 all the time now too. I would rather have gotten the Touring model but am pretty happy with the regular one, the DJ upgrade to DD is maybe worth it but with an undersized platter IDK if it matters. We run ours out through the headphone jack to a set of Logitech Z200 speakers I got for free but there’s RCA and USB as well, I think the DJ model adds optical out? Eventually I’m going to assemble a Frankenstein HiFi system I’ve been acquiring mostly free over the years. Check these out for a starter record setup I’m super happy with mine for under $100 it gets the job done:

IMG_6091

The discontinued Touring model was more of a suitcase real classy and better speakers but no USB out for archiving:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/266438566327

I just looked up the one I was using at Thanksgiving and it’s a lot cheaper than I thought! Jeez I thought it was like a Technics 1200 a grand or so but $300 for a nice refined DD turntable is wild!

7 Likes

I always see crazy ones at the goodwill/Salvation Army too. EVERYTIME

2 Likes

This joint is a watershed moment for me, this is the first joint of two outdoor plants I’ve been involved in growing, and also two strains I couldn’t really get any other way:

It’s a heirloomed landrace mixed with some CBG only bud descended from fiber hemp. Malana Village sativa hashplant and OC V2 CBG derived from Bernabeo

Feels pretty good man, I’ll report back on the effects along with the CBG mixed with Big Don that I smoked last night

23 Likes

Nice choice! I used to roll spiffs all the time, still do on occasion. What’s that leather pouch with the paper slot?

Glad to hear you are enjoying the Malana, beautiful plant. It’s interesting that’s the first outdoor you’ve grown, similarly I’m really looking forward to smoking my own indoor.

Cheers!

8 Likes

That’s my rolling tobacco case, I’m gonna start making them soon. This one is from Turkey

11 Likes

https://maps.app.goo.gl/dNkjK5AwKkZiY85Y9

3 Likes

Just been reading through this and think you’re really killing it. Loving the evolution to the medium you’re in. Lil late to the party but lemme slide right in, if I can. Happy to be seeing your stuff

1 Like

Welcome @DirtySlowToes ! Hope you enjoy the future adventures too, I just got back from thanksgiving travel so updates are coming, first one is that I chopped down the dried Janis plant and tried a tester, it’s very good! And look at these beautiful mature seeds of Janis x Vortex, this is all from one lower bud the size of a mini Bic:

13 Likes

Better photos:

19 Likes

I’m out of likes, but those are gorgeous.

2 Likes

An update on that OC V2 CBG flower: it’s pretty interesting! It’s tasty enough to smoke on its own, and mixed 50/50 with a Type 1 strain (Big Don) I felt extremely mellow and relaxed while riding a sativa high, it was superb overall in effect. I’ll be planting some more of these alt cannabinoid seeds soon to grow for myself, I’ve got a bunch left with CBG/CBD/THCV

9 Likes

Shoutout to the OG @JustANobody he hooked me up for free with some pucks to ship all these seeds that I’m making (the Lane cedar chest salesman’s model came from Thanksgiving basement scrounging):

25 Likes

Hell ya! Glad they arrived safely.

4 Likes

Malana Garage smoke report: smokes like an old strain (pretty smooth, pretty grassy herby spicy mostly, big fat puffy joints) but this one grown on salts definitely hits a little harder than the organic. Pasture so far has been pretty light and dreamy, this Garage is very thinky and more energetic with some body vibration feelings besides the euphoric sort of hazy niceness. More testing required….

6 Likes

How long have they been curing? I only ask because I could see the salts-grown plant smoking “better” early on, while the organically-grown one might need a little more time in jars. And I really have no idea why that thought just occurred to me, but it did haha.

2 Likes

Not very long, arguably not at all yet? I am just getting them into Grove bags off the branches now. They got harvested back in late October

3 Likes

Yeah, I thought you had just chopped those, but I wasn’t positive. Anyway, just curious.

2 Likes

have you tried the coast of maine’s bumpercrop. not to be confused with master nursery bumper crop. master nursery licensed coast of maine to create their own form of bumper crop and it is clearly labeled as coast of maine product on the bag.

Contains 135.11 viable mycorrhizal propagules per cubic centimeter (cc) of the following organisms:

Ecto Mycorrhizae species:
Pisolithus tinctorius @105.04 spores/cc
Rhizopogon roseolus @005.00 spores/cc
Rhizopogon subscaerelescens @005.00 spores/cc
Rhizopogon villosulus @005.00 spores/cc
Rhizopogon vulgaris @005.00 spores/cc
Scleroderma cepa @005.00 spores/cc
Scleroderma citrinni @005.00 spores/cc
Endo Mycorrhizae species:
Glomus intraradices @ 00.07 spores/cc

Worm Castings are full of biologically activated minerals, the best manure for the soil comes from the soil! Lobster and Crab Shells are rich in chitin and help make plants strong and disease resistant. Kelp Meal stimulates soil bacteria helping to increase soil fertility. Dehydrated Poultry Manure is great for growing green and vigorous plants. Sphagnum Peat Moss provides a stable environment for root growth and helps hold water and maintain pore space. Composted Cow Manure brings active biology and is rich in organic matter plant roots need. Aged Bark provides organic matter in the form of spongy pieces of decayed wood and bark adding structure and holding moisture. Dolomitic Lime added to adjust pH.

OMRI LISTED FOR ORGANIC USE

i have been mixing it with the soil and also as a top dress with great results.

4 Likes