Dirt Wizard's Magic Wand Factory and Library Lounge

Day F8 for the ladies from @dinopartychucks and @Tonygreen they’re stretching and hungry! Need to get the in-line hooked up to this tent and start pushing down the RH in there more to get transpiration up, I’d like them to be drinking more but they’re also still rooting into those larger pots:

Might have to go back to the store and get some of this for my soil, good price:

17 Likes

Plants are looking good @Dirt_Wizard! Found a couple shots of the Congoz V I grew outdoors but for the life of me I can’t find the flower pics. When crumbled up the flower has a really nice green unripe mango smell. I hesitate to use that descriptor as it seems to be used quite a bit but that is indeed what came to mind. Nothing sweet nor in your face but very pleasant when broken up with your fingers.

I did test some of the flower today using TLC and although the splotches are slightly blurred onto one another there is a decent amount of V in there. I’m actually more shocked by the amount of CBG though!

19 Likes

That’s a lot of CBG! Also pretty impressive THC results as well

4 Likes

Flower tent looking pretty ready…

23 Likes

Fifth image shows lots of hunched over trichomes! Harvest is imminent!

3 Likes

So @JoeCrowe do you use that along with the heads inflating/deflating as your guide instead of clear, milky, amber?

2 Likes

When that happens to a trichome it’s end stage. Usually next they turn amber. Sometimes they never turn amber or are a different color like purple. The one thing you can count on that I always see is they slump over like a hunch back.

8 Likes

Nice, thanks for the advice. I have been pretty unsatisfied so far with using the clear/milky/amber judging standard, I pulled a few crops that felt early and not achieving their best potential. I switched to tracking days while ignoring all recommendations about how long to take things and watching senescence and that has worked better for me along with some optical sanity checking. I do want to take my observations to the next level when it comes to understanding peaking and senescence in the trichomes themselves, and your threads are great for that.

12 Likes

Updates rolling in all day, starting with the seedlings, they’re ready to get potted up again whenever, don’t need it yet but some will before too long:

Copa testers

Cherry Destroyer

22 Likes

I’ll get some individual shots of these later today but looking fucking great in here!

And these three are finishing off under low light and just water, I have the autos sitting in the dark 36 hours now and will cut those later on and wash them to hang up, they didn’t get big but I’m impressed at how auto genetics bulk up on a tiny frame.

19 Likes

Oh yeah I see a boat load of bud in your future

Happy dance :man_dancing: party :tada:

3 Likes

Auto harvest report: Atlas good, Twenty20 not as good, looks like they might have gotten PM I didn’t notice but the Atlas look fine at a first close look:

19 Likes

your buds look really nice. i hope your having a good night @Dirt_Wizard

8 Likes

Got a new job dooods! I start on Tuesday, part time until April when they can put me on a full schedule. I appplied here back last year when I was trying to leave the cafe I was working at with an idiot for an owner and a coward for a manager. This chef gave me a good vibe overall and the place is a great craft beer bar and restaurant that’s been around for quite a while, excited to start back in a real serious kitchen for the first time in years even if I’m starting with dish and prep again. Laying out all the tools today and trying to decide what’s worth packing into a knife roll or toolbox for the job, I’ll obviously have to see once I start but I think I’ve got together most of my serious knives and tools barring a few that are still somewhere in the house to be found. Knife guy confirmed…

22 Likes

Congratulations on the new job! I assume you look at their menu and narrow down your choices based on what they are serving. Nice assortment.

Bummer to see the PM on the buds that looked amazing :confused: It’s hard to see with all the frost. The buds look great though.

5 Likes

Make sure you wipe that shit out before the next bloom cycle. Mix a tablespoon of sulfur in a liter of water and spray that on your plants in veg. Then again 2 weeks later. After that you can start bloom. You won’t be seeing the mildew again, it comes in on infected plant material.

5 Likes

Congratulations brother :heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

Congrats on the new gig brother @Dirt_Wizard

I need to be on the lookout myself for a bit better income, or just dive into growing deeper :thinking:

2 Likes

I sent these off to Long Island today with my partners mom, she’s becoming the seed distributor for all the retired people who want to grow in their yards or empty bedrooms now that it’s legal, I know they’ll have fun with these:

Forgot to tag some of the generous OGs who hooked up some of these seeds:

Pure Michigan x Mendo Breath = @DGCloud
Kalamata Red (Nierka) = @sunra108
Crème De La Chem S1 = @BasementBeans
Pineapple and BBanner hybrids = @RainToday
Corey Heime x Alien Apparition = @hoss8455
Good Medicine F3 = @LegsMahoney
LA Affie S1 x Afghan Hash Plant = @Budderton

Plus a little COPA, CSI, and some of my own modest chucks.

Had to give ‘em a little @JAWS too, I can’t remember who gifted me the Orange Banana Cookies freebie in a trade but I figured I should throw in something fresh and fruity besides the skunky and kushy and other older flavors I thought a bunch of them might like. Last year a dude who used to grow took on a whole yard full of seeds to try and had great luck with Ancient OG and a bunch of others, I wish I could get some photos of the mature plants all I ever saw was healthy egging kids but I’m like three degrees removed from him lol it’s a game of telephone.

Hoping a few of these find their way to people who really appreciate what they are, I want to hear that the old Greek couple on the block are growing Kalamata Red and that the Deadhead housewives like the Good Medicine and Secret Chief to relax at night. That handyman listening to Freebird in the garage smoking a fat doob of Ancient Berries. Out here reminding some of my elders that we can just do this thing now!

28 Likes

Nice selections!

I’m the local guy with seeds too :rofl:

Giving away a bunch of fem Frankenstein this spring :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes