DIY fan speed module

Ah…I misread. I thought you meant the fan 🤦

The same speed controller is available from like 80 different sellers on amazon. They’re all the same.

Get the appropriate sized fan. If a speed controller on the lowest setting is too much, your fan is too big

lol too big…as if that’s in my vocabulary…or anyone else’s here :joy:

Well sometimes it should be. Environment is everything

aside from genetics, knowledge, and a proper nutrient regimen

just trying to cut the noise on these damn rocket engines of vortex fans haha! fan says its only like 205cfm on max but even on low fuck it it noisy!
@lightyear only thing i was worried about is some people seem so say these controllers start to overheat if youre trying to run them too low. electrical humming sound and overheating seems common in the reviews. hows yours been working on the 6 inch fan?

No problems, just the wind noise is what I’d like to reduce. Everything runs silent, just more air exchange than I need. The idea with a large one is that a big fan dialed down moves the same cfm and runs quieter than a small fan turned on high.

Yah always better for the life of the fan to not have to run it on max all the time, quieter too.
I have 2 2x4 tents and have this 6in ac infinity booster fan in the first tent, never need it higher than half speed on the dial and it’s way quieter than the 4in vortex I got with the new tent…
Just looked up the price and $20 for a speed controller or like $30 for another 6in booster fan I guess I’m going with the second booster…
Feels like a waste though because I want to get a cloudline but this fuckin 4in fan is going to be way too loud and annoying :man_facepalming:

1 Like

None of those things will fix a bad environment

Yeah they can be noisy on full blast. Only point I was trying to make is if a fan is too strong on the lowest setting of a speed controller, the fan is oversized.

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

you need to relax bro… you’re looking FAR TOO MUCH into this. it’s not a bad environment just because I don’t LIKE sleeping 4 feet from the wind noise dude :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I’ve been at this 20 years. Chill out. It’s none of your concern

1 Like

I’ve had ac infinity fans and every one has died on me in a year or two. My last one had a plastic housing and started squeaking a year into its life, but if you mounted it vertical it was silent.

They may be cheap, but the craftsmanship lacks.

Closed per request