DIY Wine Fridge Dryer share your version

Awsome… I will need to read thru these and see shat new ideas could be in these. Super cool love the new concept ideas !!!

We got to get a controller like the 79 pro we can program,via wifi / BT, for our routines and subroutines to maintain constraints. For example, I’d set a program to be aggressive for a day or two (24/48 hours) to knock the moisture down rapidly. It would require the compressor to run more but we could put in breaks in the program to give it break cycles. We could also ramp up and down within a range to be dynamic.

With enough data channels we could even monitor compressor temp and runtime to make decisions or at least factor into other decisions.

I know we have EE and firmware engineers here, we could crowd fund it and build our own.

2 Likes

This is the path I want to go aswell. I would like automation and different recipes in programs. I harvest every 5 weeks. This allows me to experiment a bunch and log data and try new things. I go in the dryer 4 to 5 weeks then from my dryer to an identical non modified wine fridge in Groove bags for 2 ish months then to jars in the wine fridge and then stay indefinitely in there.

3 Likes

Ok here is the graph since I started. I dropped the RH from 72 to 71 after 24 hrs. You will notice 2 spike in temp and RH. They were mistakes lol… I recently got a matching non modified wine cooler. Anyway I forgot in my haze and accidentally opened the door only a crack before I realized all the jars I had in storage in there were moved to the new fridge lol. Any way 2 times lol real brief door crack and closed. In hind site I should have looked in the glass before opening lol. No harm no foul just want explain the minor bumps in temp and RH. More importantly I think I have them figured out now lol. Cheers everyone!!!
!

3 Likes

I would really like to see a Goove monitor placed inside a Cannatrol for data collection during the drying and curing for a full cycle. @Terpsnpurps maybe I could talk you into this buddy … I will buy you the monitor get it to you. Just use it during a cycle and share the data. Keep the monitor for your troubles. They are great inexpensive data collectors 2 for 20 bucks on Amazon. Anyone interested in this experiment hit me up … I’ll buy the monitor you share the data here. I would like to see the direct comparison between my dryer cycles and the Canatrol cycles for this experiment… this is for fun to see the various differences or lack of Cheers everyone!!!

3 Likes

That’s a great idea : )

I will open that up to any DIY as well… I just want more data lol

Are you good at apps and stuff ?

1 Like

I figure if we all use the same basic and inexpensive monitor and just take pictures and share here. It’s the easiest way for a direct comparison… I barely managed to memorize the apps I currently use lol

1 Like

Sounds like a plan : )

1 Like

This is the manufacture but available on Amazon ect bulk pricing.

1 Like

Get a sensor push, my Goove is so dam finicky on connecting that I would regret buying it if it hadn’t been on a prime sale for $15…still kinda do actually.

Anyways, I got one of these on the way and they get stellar reviews that go back years. Also, what you might like is they can have the data collected exported out to a csv file with you can then load into excel.

Made in USA whatever that means these days.

1 Like

The govee… I have 1 buddy it stays connected and works ok… i wouldnt say as accurate as others though

1 Like

That’s great but this experiment would be at my cost to keep it uniform. The Goove’s are accurate and inexpensive. More than accurate for this experiment I could get 5 of these to every 1 of those. I would not want anyone to carry any expense to participate as this is a fun and games kind of educational experiment lol. Throw one in your machine let it go. 30 days later send a pic of your 30 day graph.

1 Like

You are the man buddy!!! I just want to see 30 day graph pics on the Goove of as many different dry cycle as possible and share them here. My graph does not have that many days so I can only show weekly so far on this new run. But I will get to the 30 day mark down the road and share that as well. I just want fun comparisons from different cycles, etc. I want to see if there’s actually any variations at all. From unit to unit Or temperature variations anything really just for fun?

I think mine does 30… no it’ll do 1 day 1 week 1 month 1 year

This is my small tent

1 Like

Yeah the one month is it. You can scroll over and adjust it to the actual day you started and it will kind of go 30 days after that in the graph . It would be awesome to share these altogether here. You already have the same meter awesome. If hou could just throw it in the next time you start a run. And just post the pic of the month 30 day graph. Will try to get more of OG ‘s so we can all have fun and compare ?

Perfect!!! Throw it in your dryer on your next run. Hopefully a few other guys will participate so we can have even more fun.

1 Like

Sure thing buddy

1 Like

I think this will be a great fun experiment. Curious to see the difference or lack of . I’m gonna reach out hopefully get a few more guys to join us. We can share and compare. I think the graphs will be interesting to compare for fun ect. And see the different times we reach different points of RH ect. Cheers !!!

1 Like