DIY Wine Fridge Dryer share your version

Super lemon haze x gmo looks different even if it is ghs

: )

1 Like

I love a strong lemon flavor aswell… that could have some great terps. I will have to dig deep into the clone shipping thread as I would gladly give it a try for you @ifish if it seems possible I will need to educate myself… Cheers !!!

1 Like

Just built my first cooler tonight. Cannot wait to load this thing up.

4 Likes

Nice !!! Did you run the INKBIRD controller or another manufacturer ? @douggyfresh420

2 Likes

I just bought the basic inkbird without wifi. Been using them for a long time now and have been happy. No reason to change.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I’m running. Works great no issues. A good word of advice make sure the feet on the bottom of your fridge are screwed all the way out to ensure that all moisture goes to the drain. I’m excited for you awesome work very clean @douggyfresh420 !!!

4 Likes

As an engineer, I’m always seeking simpler/more efficient ways to do things, and so I have been hacking the Koolatron controller board so that I can control the drying rate and temp without using a dehumi module inside, by controlling the temp cycling of the peltier & fan that is already in there.

A while ago, I verified that running the dehumi module out of it’s enclosure reduced it’s efficiency as a dehumidifier to almost nothing, and had little effect in removing moisture inside the box. I then experimented with a DIY enclosure to control the airpath (wet air in → cool sink → hot sink → fan → dry air out) which worked much better, and collected way more water. I used cut-up plastic food storage containers and some gorilla glue to make a flatter enclosure for the little Vivosun TED module. I do agree with @BTYGMO that the dehumi module is not doing much moisture removal, just heating the air to force more temp cycling, and it is the temp cycling it causes (and the fan, somewhat) that is doing the bulk of removing the moisture. If my hack works, this will eliminate having to add a dehumi inside - more room for material.

In 2-3 more weeks I’ll have a load to dry/cure for a real test.

6 Likes

Super cool @CWF !!! Maybe you could help answer another question I have about the temp setting on wine fridges. Is there a master setting for the controller to set points outside of preset ranges set by manufacturer if that makes sense ? I want to set the temps warmer than the preset controllers allow… Cheers !!!

1 Like

The little control/display board in the front door does all the temp control. The 2 wires from the thermistor inside by the fan (blue/black) go there, and it sends a control signal to the main board in the back to run the TEC. I haven’t reverse-engineered this yet, it’s probably hard-coded and not easily hackable, so I will probably have to ditch it and run the temp control with my controller.

2 Likes

So basically by replacing the controller, I could gain more temperature control options ? If I understood that correctly, a bit over my pay grade lol. Thanks @CWF

1 Like

Like I said, I haven’t looked at the door controller board yet, and it’s hard to get to, so I probably won’t fool with it.

2 Likes

Koolatron is locked and loaded full of bud. Temp has been staying consistent at 55° even with the dehu kicking on, but my basement stays pretty cool. Starting my rh% at 79% with a 1% differential. Will be dropping rh 0.5% daily for the first week, then will be dropping 1% daily until i hit my target of 62%. Very impressed so far. Smell stays completely contained within the cooler, but open the door, it instantly smacks you in the face.
Will be very curious to try the end results.

5 Likes

@douggyfresh420 That is Rad… Be careful I usually start at 73 and go down 1 RH per day. ( keep an eye on how much the fridge runs on the first day or two if you set the Rh too low, the fridge will run constantly. You want cycles not continuous) be mindful you want to get below 68 RH pretty quick roughly 5 ish days and then taper from there on out. Holding too much moisture too long could be bad. After you get to 68 RH you can really slow it down to .5 per day till you get to 63 Rh. Then it’s a matter of personal preference do you want it dryer or is the moisture good enough for grove bags. Cool thing is I am loading a dryer tonight as well lol… just starting on the first screen!!!
Got some trimming to do tonight lol…

5 Likes

Here is the Blueberry Muffins going in the dryer. Cheers !!!

5 Likes

Oh snap absolutely mouth watering :drooling_face::drooling_face: that’s looks tasty an :fire::fire::fire: nicely done

1 Like

I still got to trim up all his relatives lol… Cheers!!! Back to work lol

1 Like

Dressing them up al nice n tidy lol have goodnight friend I’ll see u tomorrow

1 Like

Wedding cake getting trimmed up and ready for the koolatron. These coolers are working great so far and even though they do hold a l lot of bud, i still cant fit an entire plant in one. Grow smaller plants, or build more coolers. Decisions Decisions.

4 Likes

What are you using for a tray/shelf material?

Generally I’d be curious on everyone’s solution for that.

I’m possibly (depending on cost) going to rent a cannatrol for my first harvest, but I’m considering building my own so I can do a side by side with the exact same plants. I have a few weeks left, I’m on day 22 of 12/12.

3 Likes

(I also asked you specifically because that looks like a size of mesh that could work if I decide to torture myself with 2 projects before harvest and try building a tumble trimmer)