DJ short old world genetics blueberry

Yeah I’m not 100% sure, but the description on NextGen’s website used to say they sourced it from Archive… clone game is messy in Oregon, you can go buy all of Archive’s clones and rename them if you want and open up your own clone shop :woman_shrugging:t4:

I think Cole is right, that Archive just doesn’t want to be associated with DJ, even if the genetics came from him. Fletcher just says it’s some old BB clone that floats around Oregon… where the truth is, I’m not sure.

5 Likes

Thank you for providing some additional insight! Assuming they are the same @ColeLennon I think you are in for a good time! I can’t wait to see you flower that big girl out! Do you have a journal this sesaon? If you do, I’ve missed it.

6 Likes

Basqueberry

10 Likes

Thanks for the info! I was looking at the #4. Maybe need to grab a pack of those and the F5’s for next run in a few months.

2 Likes

No :rofl: Oregon’s clone network is pretty tight.

2 Likes

It’s pretty much the same cuts all scattered around in a dozen or so nurseries. I will say something about Oregon cuts. They have been pheno hunted to check all the boxes. :100: :fire: Most cuts are provided by legit OLCC lic med growers.

2 Likes

I love Flo too

4 Likes

I want to grab they’re Pyromaniac after I set up my indoor.

1 Like

My first exposure to blueberry was through Blue Dream, one of the first strains I really fell in love with, and I’m hoping to find something with a similar delicious blue flavor and unique balanced effect. I decided to start the search with 7 of the Family Blues V3 seed. :large_blue_circle: Only the most Blue phenotypes are going to make it… :large_blue_circle: Will post some pictures when plants are up!

8 Likes

Best of luck on the hunt! Hope you find what you’re looking for and look forward to seeing pics and hearing a smoke report. These sound interesting to me.

2 Likes

not that V2 is not bad choice, but I would await you start with azure haze :smiley: maybe next time…

this is my attempt for blue haze, grown by my friend

16 Likes

That is a beautiful plant! Love the foxtail bud structure. I was initially looking for Azure Haze seeds as part of my Blue Dream / Blueberry search but didn’t have any luck, so I went with the Family Blues V3 after some research. I am very interested in any Blueberry x Haze cross that has a similar effect to Blue Dream (especially ones with older Haze strains) and would love to try them all. If all goes as planned I’ll be pollinating the best Family Blues females with some pollen from the Filipino Kibungan Highlands males I’m growing, so I may find a “blue haze” phenotype in there next year.

5 Likes

Howdy @holygroveseed , I think you might enjoy exploring with Neville’s Haze or some of the MNS Haze hybrids paired to some of your select V3 Blueberry plants. I think you’ll be able to find something as good or better than the Blue Dream you remember. There’s a legendary variety from back in the day that paired an F13 with a Neville’s haze that was called Johnny Blaze. You can usually score some great deals on MNS seeds through the auctions if you end up going that route. I think starting with the Family Blues V3 will be great as well, the breeding and work that went into the Blue Star selections by @Josh_Blue is unrivaled by most if not all other seed makers and breeders currently available. Actual progeny testing of multiple male lines should be a standard in the industry but sadly it’s not, the work on the V3 is both legendary and pioneering. Massive respect for actually looking into the progeny of multiple male input selections when most in this industry don’t do anything remotely close to that amount of work in making their selections.

Then to pair that Blue Star selection with DJ’s 98 Blueberry is just so rad. Sure to be some wonderful blissful joyful heart chakra vibes to be found in them. Your idea to use the Filipino Kibungan Highland is so cool! The exotic non dutch non California unbridled genetics seems likely to have immense potential in lending quality haze type attributes to your hybrids, especially the longer flowering types. Wishing you great success in your quest for the nostalgia you seek. Much love

4 Likes

@JohnnyPotseed has my StarShine F2 for small donation too. It’s Sunshine daydream f2 x A5 haze s1/nl5. The mom I used was very much like the blue dream clone but with no fog, functional nerve pain relief, and a sour musky blueberry syrup scent with big nice yielding flowers that finished in 10 weeks.

The male used was the same used to make my sunshine daydream f2 bx1s. Looked and smelled just like the ssdd mom but improved structure from the A5Haze/nl5 outcross.

I think he still has the bx1s available too :thinking:

9 Likes

A very few of both left, cuz.

4 Likes

your planned cross sounds cool and pretty wild :smiley: good luck!

1 Like

by the way johny blaze was nevilles haze x blueberry. not F13…

I would avoid mr. nice seeds, that stuff is very watered down these days… ACE seeds beat it in very aspect for example. and many other haze seedmakers like doc d, top dawg or karma genetics… mr. nice seeds is very bad recommendation.

3 Likes

Appreciate the correction on the Johnny Blaze lineage, I definitely misspoke you’re right it’s made with Blueberry. Pretty sure I got it mixed up because I think it would be great to do a sort of Johnny Blaze 2.0 by putting F13 and Neville’s Haze together.

MNS has some winners. I wasn’t aware of it being a competition, I think ACE has some winners too. Blue Dream is half SSH so I think recommending the breeding house with the most provenance for having the originals would be ideal. If you think they’re watered down that’s cool. Much love

it is just my opinion. I liked mr. nice seeds when it was yellow packs, but after that… fruity boring 90 days SSH is not my cup of tea. c5 dom nevilles haze neither. I had better results from those other breeders, I forgot rare dankness.

but like I said if he wants blue dream like, then azure haze is that choice, again only my opinion. it is more blueberry dom with that little kick from silver haze. but very blue blue soul.

5 Likes