DJSF ☆ The Ever-growing Overgrow

How late into the flip can you apply pollen to a plant & expect good/quality seeds? Do you apply right as the pistils begin showing or can you wait till week 4+… what’s the strategy there.

4 Likes

Heyy @Gonzo ! Thanks for stopping over! I typically pollinate at 2-3 weeks… just depending on how full the buds are. Pollinating at this time… I see that almost 90% or better make it to full fruition (healthy, brown, tiger striped seeds)… only a few small immature white seeds. It is easier though working from clones you know for sure to be female… you can pollinate right at 2 weeks. I typically do a few pollinating sessions over a 3-4 day period. Seems to work for me!

Hope this helps a bit… any questions, just ask! :v::sunglasses::green_heart:

☆DJSF

13 Likes

Thanks @misterbee !! Love the stickers and really dig the strain!!! Going to try to bust into these shortly!!

Bee Well ☆ DJSF

14 Likes

Just finishing up trimming this batch of SSDD still needs a good cure… but smokes lovely already!!

Also, a little trick: if you like the spring scissors like I do~ cut a bit off the end of the spring and rebend to fit tightly! Sooo much easier and oh so smooth!

LOVE & LIGHT ☆DJSF

22 Likes

Peek a boo! 🫣

How lovely! :green_heart::clap:t2:

Masterful work Mr. Sweet! :blush:

6 Likes

Frosteeeee :yum: Is that from the F1 clones or ?

I love springy scissors, and have seen some other folks who cut the springs but could never figure out why! I wish mine had longer, stiffer springs… but that sounds like a joke, lol!

Pretty work there, sonny :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Duuuude all that SSDD, I’m jealous AF!!!

3 Likes

@KanehB heyyy, you! So nice to see you on the boards again. Hope you and Piper are doing well… thanks for the sweet words!
:green_heart::wink:
☆DJSF

Hey buddy @HorseBadorites ! Hope you and yours are doing well! I am trimming up a batch of your F1 cut of the SSDD :v::sunglasses: would you care for some SSDD x BLUE Sunshine beans? I am also going to be making my 3/4th attempt at getting S1. I see you have popped some of your extra F1s… going to watch and see what happens :wink: I still have my full pack of F1s to try and get closer to our ideal seed form specimen. Do you still have the mother? If you need cuts back… just say the word! Thanks for stopping by!
☆Sonny

Hey @Gonzo thanks for stopping by! Well… SSDD… I may be able to help you out :sunglasses::shushing_face:
☆DJSF

12 Likes

You know it! I can’t get to them for a while so sae them for when you send the SSDD S1’s, lol!

Man, I’ve got my hooves crossed for ya on that. I’m guessing you noticed he/she thing I’m having with F1’s… what the whut?

I have 3! I have cuts galore. It’s the rooting part I don’t have. I should know in a couple of weeks if I need to hit you up.

I just want to get some F2’s that give more chances of getting a pain reliever, and letting you work them too!

I may be closer to @Gonzo, and need to do some more whacking soon…

pops

6 Likes

Those ssdd nugs look fantastic, I happen to have some of those beans. Looks like im gonna have to pop some for spring. I still have some blue sunshine pollen in cold storage. Wouldn’t mind winning some blue kush pollen. I have a feminized seed project still in my head right now, but I have the ingredients, hopefully it comes to fruition. :peace_symbol:

6 Likes

Can’t wait to see you rock some of
Matt’s stuff… your harvest looks
Spectacular… I do free smoke reports.
Just a side Service I offer… hahaha

Enjoy bro

5 Likes

What a ROOTED plant in solo cup - looks like 3 feet long tap root

2 Likes

Very nice grow. We will miss you.

13 Likes

Happy birthday buddy, hope your smiling down on us today. Will be blazin in your honor my friend.

13 Likes

Happy Birthday Big Dogs!!

9 Likes

That was a nice trim up.
One Love

2 Likes

Rest in paradise homie, miss ya around here alot

8 Likes

My heart breaks a little each time I see his handle on @DougDawson’s call list.

Doug, could you maybe remove his handle from your call list?

9 Likes

Good call @CrunchBerries

6 Likes

I left him there on purpose so he would get a permanent shout out but if it’s bugging you than I will remove it. Was just my way to kind of keep him around. :v:

10 Likes