DJSF ☆ The Ever-growing Overgrow

“Blarney”….no one can presently kiss the stone! Pandemic rules :woman_shrugging:t3: (I think).

6 Likes

@Brokehoe yep! You called it… they are Rhode Island Reds :hatched_chick::sunglasses:

HAPPY EASTER, ALL!
☆DJSF

4 Likes

A chick magnet, huh, lol!

Man, no guy’s names, you (or more importantly your neighbors), don’t want want to hear how cool they are at 4 in the morning!

Miss Prissy, was Foghorn’s object of desire, or the old stand by Hen-rietta!

Ah hates roosters, pops.

4 Likes

@HorseBadorites Hayyyyyyy! Thanks for stopping over! You are absolutely right… I thought about shying away from the male names afterwards… I am hoping for one rooster though!
☆sonny

3 Likes

Come on now. RIR are good chickens. :+1:
Roosters are good to have for protection or if you want more chickens. Some people think they need a rooster to get eggs. Lol
Those Roosters will attack you too if you turn your back on them but most are ok.

8 Likes

The plus side about roosters is, if they don’t make good roosters, they’ll at least make good dinner!

6 Likes

My thoughts, exactly! I do want a bit of protection for the flock. We will see… I may trade a neighbor for a rooster if I got lucky and scooped all females! Thanks for stopping in! Hope you and yours are having a wonderful weekend! ☆djsf

3 Likes

Slowly… working…on…an update :man_shrugging::wink:
☆djsf
Only one SSDD left to transplant :green_heart:

Strawberry Gelato reveg:

Tester Seedlings

12 Likes

Patiently awaiting your update. :yum:

3 Likes

Happy “Bicycle Day” to all of you kind friendly folks! :sunglasses::v::pray::tongue::heart::orange_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart:
☆DJSF

11 Likes

happy bicycle day to you!

3 Likes

Happy bicycle day! Celebrated it on Saturday :wink: :v:

3 Likes

Happy Earthday! Everyday is Earthday!!? Love & light :pray: DJSF

~Working on an update :wind_face::green_heart:
FIELD TRIP!

Testers:

GMO Nugget, Gator Breath Live Resin

15 Likes

When does the chicken derby start? They’re all lined up for the races

3 Likes

@SensiBowl Its gonna be a bit… lol… I brought them back inside… all that fresh air got to em! Sleepy time! LOL! Thanks for stopping by! :green_heart:

14 Likes

Nice, looks like you guys had a solid day!

1 Like

:hatched_chick: They’re friggin adorable! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Your plants look awesome too! 🪴 Everything is humming along at :zap: speed. They get so big so fast.

I agree with your sentiment that everyday is Earth day! That’s why most of the containers I’m using to plant my veggies are up-cycled. :grin:
A Coffee container, cottage cheese and yogurt containers that have been cleaned and saved over the month/years. Aye, :face_with_hand_over_mouth: I even transplanted a tomato plant into a McDonalds XL Coffee cup I’d saved tonight, their roots enjoy the height supposedly and I’m playing for time till I get them outside. :flushed::grimacing:

I wish you and yours a wonderful evening. The chicky chicks too…sooooo cute! :hatched_chick:

7 Likes

Good morning @KanehB ! Thanks for stopping over! Soo nice to have friends pop in over the weekend! Thank you for the compliments too… they make my gardening heart shine!

Plants are moving along nicely! Going to start flower on the SSDD soon!:green_heart::sunglasses: I still need to find a small spot to start the veggie crops! But… I am all caught up with gardening chores so… here we go!

Chickens are starting to get their feathers in… their wings still have some down feathers… I think they are close to a week old now. I was told they were about a week old when I got them… but I think they were more like a day or 2 old. :man_shrugging::hatched_chick:

Thanks for your contributions to recycling/reusing! Oh man… I have soo many yogurt cups… lmao. But they are great for keeping seedling vegetables! I like the MC D cup idea… small footprint but enough volume for vegging out some tomatoes.

I hope you and Piper the Kitty are getting some nice R & R in! Hope you are enjoying your weekend (lounging in your Moccasins!)

Im enjoying some tea and yogurt!
☆djsf

12 Likes

Hey, Gang! Another little update :grin::green_heart: Going to be flipping into flower either this Sunday or the following. In the flowering room there will be some SSDD & Strawberry Gelato. I hope to do a selective pollination of the SG with Banana Creme Pie pollen from @AzSeaindooin420 and trying to pull some S1s from the SSDD from @HorseBadorites cuttings… (under construction)

Irene x White Runtz

Vale Tudo RD 2- COPA Genetics

Strawberry Gelato- reveg

SSDD

Chickens

21 Likes

Another lil update, peeps! Thanks for stopping through! Rearranging the veg rooms a bit, cleaning before next flowering runs.

A couple new additions to the flock:
1x Barred Plymouth Rock/French Cuckoo Marans?
1x Golden Laced Wyandotte

19 Likes