Do it yourself MicroOctopot Auto Fill System

Are they sitting on insulation ?

Maybe if they sit on cold floor it would reduce Rez temp

Always better to find the cause rather than masking it

I’m not a fan of clay balls other than for support for plant in net pot in dwc

3 Likes

Slime looks like it’s originating from net pot of balls ( maybe ? )

Nice chart @GrouchyOldMan

I should get that laminated along with the antagonistic wheel and a good ph lock out chart
: )

2 Likes

I’d skip the Cal/Mg until things get sorted.

1 Like

I thought you’d like that! It holds pride of place above my desk.

First sign of trouble I make a chart in the log and start keeping track. The reliability of that thing is uncanny.

2 Likes

Saves a lot of valuable stress and time thinking

: )

1 Like

On w to w carpet. Temp in tent 80f. Rh 80

Yep. Clay is out next time. Lesson learned.

Thanks for the info!

2 Likes

Will do. Thanks again!

1 Like

Rh 80 ?

Plants will find it hard transpiring ie uptake very low as consequence

2 Likes

Thanks @Dirt_Wizard,

What dosage do you suggest?
What part(s) of the grow cycle?
What results do you see from the additive?

3 Likes

No Shit! 80 by 80 is something like 0.4 VPD way low brother John…

Can you get the RH down to 70-ish?

1 Like

I water it into the soil in mid to late veg as well as foliar from after they get a few sets of leaves, I can’t say I follow any strict measurements or schedule, sort of:

2 TBSP in a gallon of warm water, watered into the pots every week or two in veg after normal feed is done, I try to water to runoff for the silica to make sure it gets everywhere and is diluted a bit more

1 TSP in a 16oz sprayer to foliar again every week or two sort of alternating with the soil drench

I usually add a dropperful of Mr Fulvic to either as a chelator and a couple drops of molasses too.

2 Likes

I think fixing the rh is the way to go for starters

The plants will not be internally functioning at moment ) so roots will be sitting wet inside and out kind off as result ( no movement in plant / roots or pot , stagnant / no exchange ) causing sick weak roots maybe

In some pics above single root out of net pot looks abit translucent ( not good ) , whiter solider is better

4 Likes

I can get it anywhere I want. Sorry maybe reading the chart incorrectly. Thought for veg and seedling it should be about 80. So shoot for 80f and 70 rh?

1 Like

All res cleaned and changed, roots sprayed down. Everyone is looking good. Believe crisis averted.

Now to dial in RH.

Special thanks to @SaintAliasKnife @GrouchyOldMan @ifish! You guys are the best.

2 Likes

Do it gradual over few days, so not as sudden a change

1 Like

2% a day then

75 , 75 , 72 , 72 , 69 or 2% a day is fine too

The sign that you doin it too quick is last quarter or one third of some fingers stay green but dry up crinkly , as plant ditches some parts ( ends of fingers ) to eliminate some of stomata in order to regulate transperation in the new humidity

More humidity , more stomata needed to transpire

Less humidity , easier to transpire , so less stomata needed

Here’s the VPD Bible, (According to Grouchy),

You want to stay in the green for now.

2 Likes