Do some of you get "Paranoid?" .. Or is it just me?

@1BillionDollars Appreciate the reccomendations! Your absolutely correct about the purple strains… Never had a problem with em’. Although the many purps ive smoked gave me more of an indica high, which isnt always a bad thing, especially before hitting the hay… Thanks a Billion! :+1:

2 Likes

Somewhere along me journey shit changed, I used to smoke them young bucks under the table, now I’m a two hitter quitter. It is what it is.

BTW somewhere there is a thread on here that is asking basically the same question and some of the replies sounded all to familiar to what I was experiencing. It was a relief to know I wasn’t the only one.

8 Likes

I hear ya Man… I used to not care who I was hanging out with, and smoked tough!.. nadda problem!.. hahaha… Now I hit it, and quit it. I think the weed we smoke today has a much higher thc content. Then again, My GS strain is from 98, and it messes me up in a BIG way… Its that powerful Cinderella 99 Sativa…Funny thing is, Its pretty much the only strain my buddies wanna smoke. High rpm fun I guess… Some like Wine, and others like Energy Drinks? … LOL

2 Likes

I get this same feeling when I start getting chatty with the weed. People look disinterested and seem annoyed and I start wondering is it me? Am I being the asshole here? Then I realize, oh we are all just dealing with this weed differently and my mouth that wont stop probably isn’t helping with the high they are feeling which might also be paranoia or a racing mind for them. I still want to talk and joke though haha.

6 Likes

OMG! You hit the nail on the head!! Thats EXACTLY how i feel! You couldnt have worded your post any better… ha! Ya, Ive asked my girl if i act all stupid around people, and she says, No, you were fine, … or its all in your mind. Thanks for sharing.

6 Likes
5 Likes

I only get paranoid if I smoke while growing. I’ll quit smoking for a entire grow just to avoid it. Honestly think it’s a karma kinda thing of why I get aphids so often. I’m always bummed but also relieved when it happens. Why I need to pick a bunch of cuts and pop seeds in the future. Just so I can toss grows without thinking twice.

4 Likes

Skiball, SNS-209… for the win vato!

3 Likes

At some point I realized I need way less than others and I can feel great with tiny doses. I rarely get paranoid ever since, and if I do I take some CBD and/or chew some black pepper.

I thought only Indica works for me, but recently I am under the impression that Sativa could actually be better for me, as long as I microdose.

8 Likes

Yup, “Moderation is the key” … Thats pretty much what it all comes down too. Anything in excess is probably not good for any of us. Then again, sex is something I like to over do…That’ll never change! lol

2 Likes

OP, C99 will do that to you! Hey and once the talking stops and people do not meet eyes. It is a natural response to get freaked out. Don’t think you are doing anything wrong. Strawberry cough for me is like truth serum, two joints of that and the complete life story will be told. lol.

5 Likes

Yes indeed, That Cindy is some strong ass shit!.. Your reply is all so true. Thanks so much for the words my friend. Have a great day! :relaxed::+1:

2 Likes

Some alcohol works for me as a kind of reset. But it took long to figure out what works and what not. I used to drink a lot and feel shit all the time. It was just normal when I was young. That sounds bad in hindsight.

Now I drink occasionally and the right things. Sometimes it just has to be loud music (concert, festival) and 1/2 to 1 bottle of good tequila to reboot. Would not work with a microdose. :wink:

4 Likes

Well, I am lucky because I suffer only minimal paranoia, in my case it is really only a slightly elevated sense of apprehension. For example, once I fog up, and the phone rings…I usually do not want to answer it.
Now, one of my brothers becomes so frenzied with paralyzing paranoia, that he will want to hide under a table. Needles to say, he hardly ever partakes of pot. He has been like this for 45 years or so, I always figured that he might outgrow it.
Probably not.

6 Likes

Offer him a toke 1/10th or 1/20th of what works for you. You all may be surprised.

3 Likes

For me ive noticed if im tired and smoke that usually will elevate my anxiety levels. Its like my brain also gets more tired and lazy leading to negative thought loops

3 Likes

@Calyxander Hmm… Thats pretty bad… Why smoke it if it makes you wanna hide under tables? I remember a while back I had some valium, and it made all my anxieties disappear, no matter what I smoked. But, I didnt wanna become a zombie with drool running down my chin… Ya, the mind is really something. And the weird part is that we only use something like 10% of our brain cells at any given time. The power of drugs, and the way we think. Its so damn interesting. If we could lose all our fears, and forget about what people think about us, and live in a more positive state of mind… We could probably conquer anything. Think about it… uh-huh…

3 Likes

Ya I had a time for a while there when I would only smoke after having a couple drinks in me (which was pretty much every day at the time). I mean it works, but its a really garbage habit to get into and sucks alot of the fun/purpose out of smoking weed in the first place.

That said the booze weed combo is really fun and can be really psychedelic at times too.

4 Likes

The only exception for me is if im wasted without smoking anything then decide to after ive been drinking.

3 Likes

Yeah with having alcohol before, I don’t think I get paranoid from smoking ever. But the combination usually makes me tired. Smoking a bit after returning from a drinking session helps me sleep and feeling better next day.

An enjoyable (and not going-to-bed) effect from weed I rather get without alcohol, but only small doses of weed at a time. Which feels just normal now that I have more than I need all the time and I can have more as long as I want. :smiley:

2 Likes