ISO Paranoia inducing strains

I’m starting to think what I’m not getting from more modern hybrids is a good amount of paranoia sweaty palm inducing type strains, seems most breeders seem to breed away from the paranoia inducing phenos but I’m hoping someone’s got some suggestions for me to read up on, I like the thrill ride😆

15 Likes

I think you should eat one too many edibles.

:slight_smile:

Or maybe something with a haze in the name?

13 Likes

I think if you harvest early you will find it in any >15% THC strain. Clear trichomes seem to do it for me. My chest, shoulders, and jaw clench up, my mind rushes in to explain it. Bam! Paranoia… Haven’t had a full on panic attack since I figured that out.

12 Likes

It seems Swazi and other south African strains are well known for it, dalat, quite a few hazes. Would really like to do some tom hills haze but those seeds are a bitch to get.

3 Likes

I get most paranoid from kush strains. Indicas will do it at peak ripeness. Never Sativas, although some folks confuse the raciness at times with paranoia.

3 Likes

Mexican Haze is probably the one that does it to me most. Another I’ve had that did it was Pineapple Express.

4 Likes

I think y’all are confusing the heart racing almost too high feeling of haze which can be panic attack inducing with actual paranoia. Paranoia is the feeling that you are being persecuted, watched etc… This is caused by the more inward focused high of Indicas.

I think this thread is in the wrong category though, I’ll try out my leader super powers to fix it. I’m thinking basic growing info?

3 Likes

Or trade category maybe

I see your point. You could be right. I tend to associate it most with raciness, but I might just not be susceptible to the effects you’re talking about.

An example of what I was thinking is that my wife smoked Mexican haze and then we went on a drive on mountain roads with a steep drop. She was really sweating that we were going to drive off the edge, but I was driving and didn’t smoke and thought it was totally safe.

But that’s very different from what you’re saying about feeling watched.

1 Like

Yes, strong sativas can have anxiety producing effects that can cause panic, but real paranoia is when you think everyone knows you are high, that they are watching you or talking about you etc… which can also be panic attack inducing. It’s easily confused. Most people just think anxiety = paranoia… not the same actually, but just as uncomfortable. For me paranoia is much worse, I can talk myself down from the heart racing anxiety of sativas, but not paranoia.

8 Likes

Once I saw @Meesh mention that, it really jogged my memory. I really think she’s right. I remember smoking OGs and Kushes and indica leaning hybrids and experiencing a calm, non-racy paranoia. The kind of paranoia that involves thoughts like, “hey how long has that car been there? are they watching us?” A lot of the time it involved feelings of being watched or being hyper sensitive to being caught.

The raciness is exactly like he said, though, like I am ‘racing’ toward a cliff. It is terrifying and intense, but there is no thought driving the fear; its visceral, whereas the paranoia is reasoned, even if poorly.

6 Likes

“She” :lipstick: :high_heel: :wink:

7 Likes

I’m sorry for the assumption. That reflected an obvious and poor bias on my part!

6 Likes

Doesn’t bother me, not many of us here, but I prefer she nonetheless. :+1:

9 Likes

If heart pounding anxiety is what you are going for and not paranoia, get your hands on some Dragon’s Blood Hashplant. It’s like going to outer space on a rocket. lol For paranoia, get the strongest Kush you can find. Oof! That thought gave me the chills.

6 Likes

Back in the day, I grew a skunk plant, don’t know the name of it , it was sativa dominate. But it had growth structure of indica. leaves went purple on into black at the end. from what I see in pics , a little og structure in the bud. I was growing for 4 yrs already when a plant was gifted to me by a local fellow grower. I was. Smoking ak47, and BUBBLEGUM. For a while and some Arizona farm raised, I’ll call Christmas bud cause it always showed up in late Nov early Dec. For 200 a qtr. Pound, pine and skunky, the first plants I grew in the day. So I was no beginner at smoking the one hit weed, . the first joint I rolled off this skunk( and I mean. It smelled exactly like a skunks ass on the road) I smoked half, got so paranoid, peeking outta windows ,and thinking everybody is going to know and I’m so busted. I had to go throw up. Benn chasing that first joint every since. I know what y’all are thinking, I didn’t forget the name, I was never told one. The guy that brought it to me was smoking it to for sure. One night someone opened my gate, 3 pitbulls running free. Backed all the way up to my front door, didnt knock, I’m sitting there with shotgun ready cause I didn’t recognise the car. Well him and his wife got into an argument, he got paranoid and brought me his whole grow, about 40 plants. Which was smart actually cause they ended up divorced
Just reminencing
:v:

3 Likes

I think they’re all trippin. :joy:

any African weed but I say Congo or California version of DurbanP

Granny :older_woman: :skunk: Skunk from Dominion/Duke Diamond (Virginia Beach Afghani x (Skelly Hashplant x SSSC Skunk 1)) - blew my head off

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

It may seem crazy to others but almost any time i smoke regardless of strain .It makes me feel anxious now days Used to be I loved kicking back and smoking a doobie and relaxing. Just never feel that way anymore . Still love growing it .That being said when I did smoke a lot . C99 used really make me paranoid .

6 Likes

I’m a huge skunk bud fiend and find it funny that depending on which skunk strain or website you look at, some will call the exact same strain Indica Dominant and another Sativa Dominant. If I recall correctly, if it was Road Kill back in the day (and yeah no one every talked about strain names back then except maybe the experts, but I didn’t know any of them lol) it would have been like 70/30 or 60/40 Indica dominant. Fuck I miss that taste, so much! Sigh. Closest to RKS flavor I’ve found is cheese so far and it’s only partial flavor.

I started smoking in the 80’s and in Southern California we had basically 3 choices… Mexican brick weed seedy ass brown stuff, what we called “Green bud” which was more like the skunk of today and what we called “Skunk bud” which only came from Humboldt and only around xmas time and is what we call Road Kill Skunk today. lol

Sorry, I forgot the ultra rare Thai stick dipped in Honey oil or Opium

4 Likes

I find that the haze strains most typically leave me with racing thoughts if thats the paranoia you are looking for

1 Like