Doc D Bandaid Haze, Colombian Gold x Dragon Energy and Ancient OG x DE; Bodhi Soar; Freeborn Skycuddler Kush #3 f3

Yeah, that’s kind of another reason I’m considering buying more Soar seeds. I really like the two crosses I’ve grown that utilized that OMG male.

Not drinking is pretty easy for me, it’s just getting to that point that’s difficult. I can never just stop, I have to ween, which I always say is only gonna take four or five days but always ends up taking like two or three weeks haha. I am gonna drink today, though haha! I just feel like having a few…

Sweet! Grab ‘em! I didn’t even check to see if GLG had them, but now that I know they do… I dunno. I’m kinda trying to save some money for once, we’re replacing the sliding glass door in our living room, I already put $3600 down, half of what it costs. But my girlfriend was talking to her aunt on the phone the other day and I heard her say,”Yeah, he’s paying for the whole thing!” and I looked at her and was like,”I am?” haha. So I guess I’m gonna be dropping another $3600 that I was definitely NOT planning on spending haha, so I may have to curtail the seed buying for a little bit.

That one C. Gold x Dragon Energy plant, the #1, reeked of fuel big-time, both during the grow and while I was trimming her. I also noticed that Doc mentioned in the last email that he was releasing a bunch of DE crosses soon, so I asked him if he had made a Sour Diesel/DE cross. It just seemed to me that that would be a natural pairing. And he said he did and that was the one he was most excited for, so… I’ll be buying at least a few packs of that cross, may just skip more Soar seeds and wait for Doc to release those seeds. I dunno. At this point, what’s another seventy bucks? Haha!

12 Likes

are the sliding doors made of ivory? damn bro that’s a whole room built right there AND a lot of seeds… and a bicycle or trampoline. just saying, the doors must be really really realllyyyyyy nice haha

I’m not gonna buy anymore seeds!! i’ll wait till you grow more out and shoot me a clone instead!

sounds great, yeah man if you really think about a pack a seed if really fucking cheap if there’s something you like in there, worst case, you get a couple ounces of great weed for $70

10 Likes

Oh and Kenley is gone from the dodgers man… sucks. loved that guy. For me eating healthy and exercise is easy it’s the not drinking part that’s driving me nuts! beer was huge part of my healthy diet haha

5 Likes

You’d be surprised how expensive sliding glass doors are. While we were looking into it and getting estimates and shit, I was like,”Maybe I should get into the sliding glass door business…” haha. Plus, we’re expanding it, basically one half of the living room/dining area is gonna be sliding glass doors now, the kind that fully open up to the outside, it’s gonna be awesome. But that involves a lot of wall removal and shit. $7200 actually isn’t that expensive; some of the estimates we got were twice that.

Don’t hold your breath haha… It’s probably gonna be a few years before I revisit that Soar, got way too much other stuff to check out. But I can give you some clones of the other stuff, for sure.

Well… Not exactly seventy bucks, once you factor in the power bill and shit. Ours is around $700 in the winter months and $1200 in the summer, so… Slightly more than $70 haha!

Yeahhhhh, me and my girl were talking about that yesterday. On the one hand, for sure, I love that dude. He was so dominant for so long. On the other hand, the last two seasons (and especially last season), I really found myself being like,”Oh, shit, Kenley’s coming out…” It was the same feeling I’d get when Cody was batting, where it was like,”Something amazing might happen right now. Or something really bad is gonna happen.” Kenley was so, so dependable, until he wasn’t. Last season he was just as likely to strike out three in a row as he was to give up two runs and send the game into extra innings. The time to move on from him was now, I think.

5 Likes

if your taking down walls and all that yeah, sounds baller!

i thought kenley had a great season last year, but not in 2019 or 2020, i remember he blew 3 or 4 in a row but that’s it in my memory, orel was blasting the fans for booing him, his oponent average was like 0.01 lol but yeah id always get tense when he was coming on in the 9th, like you said it worked or it didn’t!

2 Likes

I went to water the Ancient OG x AfPak last night and saw what I’m fairly certain was the beginning of a powdery mildew infection. I’ve never had PM before, so I can’t be certain that’s what it was, but I’m not taking any chances, so I chopped her last night, flower day 60. Considering just how compact and sorta “clumpy” she was, the PM isn’t that surprising, but it’s still a little surprising haha. If anything, my humidity levels have been too low lately, so I’m not sure how exactly this happened. I chopped off every leaf that looked like it might’ve had some PM developing on it before I chopped and hung the plant, woulda taken a few pics of the leaves to get people’s opinions, but I was so grossed out that I just wanted to get everything out of my house ASAP.

Anyway, here she is after I chopped off the majority of the leaves:

I was already planning on doing a little defoliation before I hung her anyway (although probably not quite as heavy as I did), just because those fan leaves were so huge and the flowers are all so clumped together. I kind of feel weird drying her with so little vegetation on her, though; I always just hang the plants whole and remove the fans and everything once I start trimming.

Anyway, some closeups:

She’s for sure super-frosty.

So, yeah, that’s that. I’m actually kind of stoked she’s chopped and this grow is over with, been itching to get in the room and start scrubbing and cleaning ever since I chopped the other plants. Gonna go maybe a little extra-heavy with the bleach this time haha, I don’t want any fucking PM showing up ever again…

19 Likes

thats unfortunate, ive never had PM either but am always watching lol. At least its at the end of the cycle.
Thank you for posting the pics, now I have a good reference.
Is this circled area one of the areas of alarm?..

11 Likes

white powdery mildew is an easily eradicated parasite.

5 Likes

Skycuddler sounds awesome. Very similar rundown to how I’d describe my all time fave the Lime Pop Kush from freeborn. The earthy flavors, the slightly rushy, cerebral but still relaxing high are both shared traits. You’re making me really want to try the SCK!

Sorry to hear about the afpak PM. Sounds like it still got to go pretty long and hopefully will make some nice smoke!

5 Likes

Haha, I dunno, but I’ve definitely been blowing up those pics I posted and being like,”Shit, did I miss a spot???” I’m fairly certain I got everything, took me about 45 minutes to examine every little leaf and shit. Pretty sure that’s just a clump of trichs. I hope.

Yeah, after I chopped her and did some quick reading about it, it became obvious that there were some relatively easy solutions. If it had been like week five or six, I probably would’ve implemented them. But seeing as how she was only a few days away from getting chopped anyway, I just said,”Fuck it.” I’m just glad that, with the exception of those Mexican Melons from two grows ago and that one BAH from this run, these issues only seem to arise when I’m getting really close to chopping anyway.

8 Likes

Do you have those seeds? Grow ‘em! I like it a lot. Honestly, I really like everything from this run that I’ve tried so far. And that’s not always the case… haha.

6 Likes

You just spray sulfur water on your plants in veg twice and it extincts the mildew. You will never see it in bloom after that. Unless you bring in more contaminated plant material, you will never see it again. Never spray in bloom.

10 Likes

yea, that was the zang! grow report (and just all of the doc d strains they’ve got going) that’s got me eyeing more of his seeds for my next round of purchases. it’s a great documenting of the grow. @ClassicGenetix is killing it, not just with the grow, but with giving us really nice insight into the experience. some growers are all like, “oh it was a pretty heady smoke. it was cool!” but ClassicGenetix is a fantastic tour guide, pointing out cool details or things that are nice to know about the plants and the smoke, the flavors, the physical experience. there’s also really great discussion of the strains which i’m appreciating.

so i was hunting down dream queen by cru cannabis. now this is dispo weed, so i doubt it’s like any of the amazing homegrown stuff that’s being shown here. but until i can get my first grow started, it’s what i’ve got to work with.

i find a lot of dispensary weed can be okay in terms of getting you high, but there’s very little that has a memorable effect or flavor/taste. this dream queen was the first dispo weed i’d come across since i got really interested in what i was smoking and wanted to start growing, that had a really great scent to me. after breaking apart some nugs, i just couldn’t stop smelling my fingers. it was like a fruity guava or berry scent that had an almost cheese-y after note maybe? i dunno, it’s hard to pin down. but my nostrils just couldn’t get enough of it.

the dream queen by itself wasn’t totally killing it for me effects wise, but i mixed it with some durban poison i had also bought from the dispensary, and that experience was really amazingly nice for me. i’ve had some very pleasurable times since i’ve been mixing those two together.

i’ve also notice with dispo weed that a strain may be in stock for a month or so, but then shortly after that, it’ll be gone and may not ever come back. i suppose that’s why i was determined to hunt this dream queen down. i had also found a seed in my first 1/8, so i was hoping to find more seeds. i dunno if they’ll be viable, but if they are, i could have access to some part of the genetics that i was really enjoying.

i’m sure i could also buy some dream queen seeds online, but i’d have to definitely do some seed popping and pheno hunting to find what i was already enjoying.

so that’s the sorta boring story of my long drive to get some nice dispo weed that was working for me. apart from being able to smoke it, i’m hoping i get some good seeds from there. even if the seeds don’t pop, i’m happy to have put out the effort to go chasing after something i enjoy. maybe in the future it’ll mean that i get my hands on something truly extraordinary to share with all.

7 Likes

Do you mean as a preventative? Or only once you actually have PM?

4 Likes

Yah once you have it, you can finish it off when your plants are vegging, and then you don’t have to worry about it again.

4 Likes

Ah, okay, that’s cool. I’ve definitely done some serious driving in my day to get a specific strain. I dunno about two hours haha, but I’ve for sure gone to other parts of LA that I wouldn’t ordinarily go to, just to get, like, Sour Diesel and a few others. Been a long time, though.

Dream Queen? Isn’t that a TGA/Subcool strain? Never grown any of his gear, but I got some Vortex yeeeearrssss ago that I thought was pretty good. I think that’s the only one of his strains I’ve ever tried.

4 Likes

well, i wasn’t trying to drive two hours. but when i got to the first dispensary and they were out, i saw there was another one like 30-40 minutes away. i called them up and they had stock. so i said what the hell, why not.

i looked up dream queen and the notes for it are: “There are earthy notes of sage and tar to the flavor, while the aroma is earthy and rubbery.” which doesn’t seem like the dream queen i was smoking.

i did, however, find another dream queen (steve’s dream queen) on the blimburn site which says its flavors are “earthy, fruity, citrusy, lemon”. so that might be the one.

apparently it’s also supposed to be the same as green crack, but i have some green crack which doesn’t smell anything like this dream queen. who knows?

when i’m ready for my run, i’ll probably have to pick up seeds from a few places to compare.

3 Likes

There’s 3 different dream queens:

1. Green Crack rename
  2. Blue Dream x Space Queen
  3. Humboldt seed company green crack cross
5 Likes

oh, so this is that rabbit hole y’all be talking about! ahhhh… eat me, drink me, smoke me! thanks for the info api312.

3 Likes

Of course there are! Haha… Because what we need is MORE confusion re: strain genetics.

I hadn’t heard about a renamed Green Crack. What’s the logic behind that? That’s a rhetorical question, no need to answer haha.

6 Likes