Doc D Bandaid Haze, Colombian Gold x Dragon Energy and Ancient OG x DE; Bodhi Soar; Freeborn Skycuddler Kush #3 f3

That’s too much work… haha! Just kidding. I’m definitely gonna start taking clones of everything starting next run. It’s been too many times now that I’ve been like,”Man, I wish I woulda cloned that one…” Especially with that Soar, that plant was pretty special.

I’m actually already almost at my ideal weight, 190, lost six pounds in 19 days, only eight more left to go. It is a bitch, though. I’ve never really needed to lose weight before until a couple years ago. I used to always be trying to gain weight, actually, my caloric intake was insane, probably around five thousand calories or so a day and it’d still take forever for me to put weight on.

Getting old sucks haha! It’s way too easy to get overweight.

Yeah, that Soar isn’t like that at all. I’m definitely curious to see how other phenotypes of that cross smoke, but I’m not sure how long it’ll be before I revisit those seeds.

That’s funny. I for sure remember those bags… haha.

9 Likes

ah man… don’t get me started, i’d love to have my "blueberry cheesecake " clusterfunk back, i don’t know if i’m going to re-hunt for it anytime soon, keeping cuttings turn out to be pretty hard for me over time, i think the trick is low nutrients low light and cold temps

and i’m saying it’s hard cause i did not follow that concept at all, i was always full blast everything and bonsai hard

11 Likes

Sky Cuddler Kush #3 f3 smoke report:

Looks:

She isn’t the frostiest weed around, but looks can be deceiving…

Smell: So this is the other one that that friend of a friend who came over, the perfume enthusiast haha, was around to check out. She mentioned “earthy” right away, as soon as she cracked the jar, which didn’t surprise me. We were sitting outside, she was maybe six feet away from me when she opened it and I could smell the “dank/moist soil/forest floor” smell immediately, just wafting straight into my face. She also went,“Oh, wow… I’m getting bergamot and Earl Grey tea…” I was like,“What?” but as soon as she handed the jar back to me, I immediately picked up on the fresh-brewed tea smell. I woulda never noticed it if she hadn’t pointed it out, but now I can’t not smell it whenever I break some buds up haha. There’s no way I would be able to tell you exactly what kind of tea it it is that I’m smelling, but there’s definitely a noticeable “brewing tea” thing going on, in addition to the earth smell I’m getting. I don’t notice any kind of bergamot/citrus when I smell it, but that chick did, so… And the flavor is another story.

Flavor: just a straight-up “classic OG” taste. It’s perfume-y/aftershave-ish, floral… Total OG. I’ve also been picking up on some citrus notes (I know most people say that OG’s have a citrus thing happening, but the only OG I’ve ever smoked that had a lemony taste to it is SFV; I’ve never noticed any kind of “citrus” from any other OG)(and I’ve blazed a shitload of OG’s haha). It’s not the typical “cannabis lemon/lime/orange” thing, either. I’m assuming it’s bergamot, actually, just because that chick said that’s what she was smelling. I’ve never eaten a bergamot, though, so I don’t know. It tastes really, really good, whatever it is. Meangene’s reputation as a breeder who has a knack for creating exceptionally flavorful weed is not taking a hit from this one haha. If somebody was ever like,“What does OG Kush taste like?” I’d be like,“Here. Smoke this.”

Effect: I like this one a lot. My favorite way to smoke it is in bits and pieces, if that makes sense. If I do three bong rips in a row, one right after the other, it gets a little kinda “rushy,” makes me a little too aware of my heart beating, etc etc. Not uncomfortably so, it’s not “panic attack-inducing” or anything, but still, I’d prefer it if that didn’t happen.

However, if I do one bong rip, get in the shower, take another bong rip afterwards, water the lone Ancient OG x AfPak, then take another bong rip before I get in bed… That’s the perfect way to smoke this one, three or four rips over the course of 45 minutes or so. For me, anyway. Kind of space the hits out and let it ride…

It’s a pretty cerebral high, though. I’ve been smoking it a lot before I start getting ready for bed, but not because it knocks me out or anything. It doesn’t. At all. When I smoke it during the day, there’s no heavy comedown. Same as the Soar, it just slowly wears off and I end up feeling refreshed and positive. I do eventually get sleepy when I blaze it before I do the whole “shower and get ready for bed” routine, but it takes a long time for me to actually fall asleep. And I think that’s just because it’s nighttime and I’m tired haha. I don’t think the Sky Cuddler Kush has anything to do with it. It’s fine and functional daytime weed, although it definitely doesn’t make me wanna get up and build a pergola or anything (we just got a pergola built in our backyard last week haha). So it’s not necessarily motivating, but if I have to get up and do something, I can. It doesn’t feel like an effort or anything.

Two things I’ve noticed about the SCK: one, I’ve gotten a serious headrush a few times after doing a bong rip. Like, you know how when you stand up too quickly and your vision goes kinda “white” or whatever? That’s happened to me a couple times immediately after doing a fat rip of this one. I can’t think offhand of another strain that that’s happened with, although I’m sure it’s happened before. In any event, yeah, it’s pretty strong weed. Rushy, I guess, like I said, which is why I like to space hits of her apart.

The other thing I’ve noticed is that after I blaze some and I’ve been laying in bed watching “Mad Men” for the fiftieth time or whatever, an hour or so after smoking it, when I get up to pee, I’ll feel a little unsteady/drunk, even though I haven’t been drinking at all for over a month. That doesn’t happen when I’ve blazed this one during the day, so I dunno if it’s a combination of me being tired and stoned or what. But, again, I can’t think of another cross that’s ever made me feel dizzy/unsteady before. And I’m not complaining about that haha, just observing.

Anyway, yeah, this is very good weed, too, equally as good as the Soar and the one Bandaid Haze and C. Gold x DE I’ve tried. I was just telling a buddy of mine that I think this is my most-favorite grow ever. I really, really dig everything I’ve tried from this harvest so far. This Sky Cuddler Kush is excellent weed and more than holds her own against the Soar and the not-cured-enough-yet Bandaid Haze and C. Gold x DE I’ve tried, too. So good that I’ve kind of been perusing seed sites and shit lately, trying to see if I can scoop some more Freeborn gear haha… A+++ for sure.

24 Likes

Thanks for the great review man and I’m stoked she turned out so well for you🤙

4 Likes

Forgot to mention that while I was outside trying to get decent no-flash pics of that Sky Cuddler nug, my girl was like,“Your package just got delivered! It’s out front!” and these showed up:

I ordered another pack of the BAH to replace the one I traded to @HolyAngel a while ago haha, before I realized what I had. And I’m suuuuuper-stoked that Doc sent the Wat Pho seeds as a freebie instead of the Endless Sunset/Watermelon Hashplant freebie he mentioned in the email. I’ve been eyeballing that one for over a year, just never ordered it, for whatever reason. But every Temple cross of Bodhi’s I’ve grown has been stellar. I’m super-amped to check out those Wat Pho seeds.

Eventually… haha!

19 Likes

Thanks, dude. She really did turn out even better than I was hoping for. If I ever kept plants, she’d make the cut.

6 Likes

Dude!!! First of all, amazing review, has me jonzing for a pack of mean genes stuff, shit sounds right up my alley. But also; black lime reserve x watermelon hashplant?? That one has got to be something very special indeed, I like your style my friend!

9 Likes

And just think you were ready to rip him a new one for the little nanners in flower lol

He’s definitely a A+ breeder and stand up guy. I have a pack of Lerry Chimes F2 that I plan on popping soon. Not his direct work but from some of his friends.
I’m glad you found something you like

10 Likes

Haha, yeah… I figured if I can’t find any of meangene’s stuff (or wanna pay $300 a pack for it), the next best thing would be to get a couple packs of that Black Lime Reserve cross. It sounded good to me, anyway. Thirty bucks a pack, can’t go wrong with that.

I’m not as hyped about the Watermelon Hashplant as it seems most everybody else is. I’ve seen those old pics that Bodhi posted, it looks scraggly and like it probably isn’t the greatest “indoor strain.” And I say that fully knowing that some of the most amazing weed ever doesn’t necessarily look like it’ll be the most amazing weed ever. But I’m still pretty curious to see how that cross turns out. Again, though, I dunno when exactly I’ll get to those seeds haha. Sooner, probably, than later, though. I bet it ends up tasting really delicious.

9 Likes

Fuck.

Youuuuuuu….

Haha! Just kidding around. I love you, dude.

I wasn’t “ready” to “rip” meangene necessarily; the last thing I wanna do is rip anybody. I definitely don’t go into any grow looking for negative things to say about a particular breeder’s gear. I actually go into every grow pumping myself up and repeating,”This is gonna be the greatest grow of all time…” over and over haha. It’d be nice if we only had great things to say about every breeder, ever, and every cross and every seed turned out like the best weed we ever smoked. Having said that, I AM still a little irritated about those sacs I found. It’s definitely something I’m gonna keep in mind the next time I plant some of those seeds, anyway. But I’m very, very glad I ended up with a seedless run this round, especially after the disaster of a grow from the round before haha…

I did find one undeveloped seed in one of the Bandaid Hazes while I was trimming, can’t remember which one it was. And I found one fully-developed seed in one of the C. Gold/DE plants. Seems like that just happens sometimes. Not a big deal at all.

10 Likes

If he’s still got some of those I might need to send it on a pack. As far as the watermelon hashplant is concerned I’ve just heard bodhi and so many others speak so highly of it that I figure it’s gotta be worth looking in to

9 Likes

For sure, dude. I’m definitely interested haha. Like I said, I’m not really too worried about the way things look. But I do always kinda take that into consideration. I’m sure those Watermelon Hashplant crosses will turn out real good.

I’m positive Doc’s got more than a few packs left, you should grab one or two. I’ve really found myself lately legitimately being slightly stressed about Doc shutting it down haha. Ordinarily, I’d lay off buying any seeds at all for at least a couple months, but ever since I found out he’s moving to Mexico and shit, I’ve been like,”Get it all! Get it all right now!”

Once he’s gone, though, I really won’t be buying anything else for a lonnnngggggg time.

14 Likes

Fuck so I didn’t imagine that then, he’s shutting the doors on his operation. Yea, now I’m stressed too, I kinda just started diving into his catalog. It’s fine, I just feel bad for my bank account now :joy:

7 Likes

i just had an experience like this buying an ounce of weed from the dispo, after driving two hours to track it down. there was a small part of me that was wondering what i was doing dropping all this cash for this weed and taking all this time to hunt it down. but the other part of me was happy that i found a strain that i liked and i remembered that i had just spent two months buying and smoking through plenty of other strains looking for something i really enjoyed. now the time had come, i had found something and it cost a few bucks, but now i could enjoy the fruits of my labor.

it’s hard to find the magic, so when you do, get it while you can!

but also, from what i’ve seen, plenty of og’ers are rocking the doc d seeds and i’m sure there will be lots to go around. so if cash is tight, there’s no need to stress it. hell, i split some of my ethiopian banana x nepali watermelon hashplant seeds with another og who was running a banana terp hunt, and i’m getting some freakshow in return. there’s lotsa love!

i am eyeing that zang! and a few other crosses the doc has though. i’m hoping there’s a juicy 4/20 sale. (aren’t we all?)

10 Likes

Well don’t leave us in suspense, dude! What strain was it that you drove two hours for?

Here’s a Zang! grow report, if you’re interested: A5Haze/Thai fun from Doc D (Zang!, Sour Diesel x A5 Haze/Thai, Bandaid Haze ix 3.0)

And another: Da Lat seed run, Zang!, Lemon Thai

11 Likes

Love the in depth reviews, especially considering I have similar sensitivities to the really high potency cultivars and their ability to elicit panic & anxiety responses. If I didn’t have way too many seeds I’d definitely be eyeing Soar really hard after that review! Still might if I’m tempted enough by next B drop anyways haha.

6 Likes

Yeah, that really bugs me, especially because I tend to gravitate more towards Sativa-dominant hybrids. I’ve actually found that it’s the hard-/quick-hitting Indica-dominant hybrids that can induce panic attacks; Sativas seem to take much longer to reach their full effects, which I prefer. I don’t like it when I do a bong rip and am instantly high as shit haha. That’s what’ll usually make me feel panic-y. For the first half-hour or so, anyway.

But as long as I’m exercising regularly and eating healthy and stuff, I tend to not have panic attacks, no matter what I’m blazing. The problem is that I’ll get sick of working out and eating super-clean and quit for a month or two haha. That’s also when I smoke less weed. Which is bad. I need to be smoking as much as possible, if for no other reason than it always makes me go,”Dude, you need to be working out and eating super-clean again…” haha.

Those Soar seeds are available right now at certain vendors’ sites, no need to wait for the next Bodhi drop. I saw that Attitude had them just a couple days ago, still debating whether or not I’m gonna order more. Ordinarily, I’d be fine with the 14 seeds I have left, but considering I’ve only gotten one female from the first eight seeds I planted… I dunno. I may order more.

14 Likes

Yeah if I get dragged into buying seeds by the hype of the next drop (probably not, I have enough!) then I’ll pick up soar too haha. I see GLG has 13 left in stock. It should also be pointed out that the OMG father in the cross is retired.

I think you’re definitely also correct about exercise and diet being a major factor that can’t be overlooked as well.

6 Likes

thats dope, hopefully that’s how i feel about mine, also congrats on not drinking dude that’s infinitely hard, specially for me if i get too high, a nice tall can would level me out, now if i get too high i gotta ride it out, so i’ve been smoking less weed, chain smoking cigarettes tho, one problem at the time!

7 Likes

yeah man I just ordered a back-up pack of old soul from GLG, now i’m looking at this one for suuuuurree

7 Likes