Doc D cannabis seeds

that sounds good. doc d originally recommended the bandaid haze as well when i had asked about what to purchase, so maybe it’s good to focus on running the best. it’d be cool to work with the community too, swapping pollen to get more diversity.

15 Likes

I been releasing clones and doing group smoke tests of all my Doc D keepers on a tiny private discord server…

Not sure what the rules are here but I have a bunch of proven keepers from Docs lines that I can offer up.
Also have males from some bad ass out of print lines like Swamp Magic and Spell Caster so I can contribute pollen too.

I have some rare Doc D packs that I am down to share for the right cause or occasion as well.

Just saying… I love all the community vibes here and all the group F2/hunting projects sound like a lot of fun. Just wanna throw my hat in the ring and say I’m down and I got shit to contribute.

49 Likes

Definitely here for pollen swapping. I’m holding on to a bandaid haze x beastie boy male that should add some ease of growth to the mix. I’m pretty sure this was originally my number 12 which fuckin dumped pollen somehow had it labeled as my #20 keeper female. In any case, I only cloned the easy to grow plants and has a lot in common with my #20 except I would say a little more floral so probably leans a bit more to the beastie boy side.

11 Likes

Looks like a big run with multiple users like the Gogi run would work very well. I can commit to a run In December.

@highminwin idk if you want to put a co-op request in or what and ask to mimic it after the Gogi run so that we can have lots of people running seeds and pollen.

13 Likes

yea this would be great if we can get it together.

what needs to be done for this? i’ll have to take a look into it when i get a minute, unless you know what’s up?

7 Likes

Or it looks like they just went ahead and did it on their own in the Goji thread, so idk what would work best tbh. Here’s that thread

10 Likes

oh yea that’s right, i remember reading about the seed co-op now. they’re trying to focus on rare, discontinued strains. i’m not sure if the bandaid haze would qualify, but at the very least we’ve got a handful of growers here who are down to seed run it. i know the co-op gives you access to their distribution network, which would be sweet.

maybe we can ask @DougDawson whether he thinks this would qualify for the co-op, but they may want us to get information together so their action group can vote on it.

6 Likes

Yeah @highminwin , put some strain info together and post it on the voting thread above. We will create a poll for the action team. Keep in mind we will be trying to keep the sign ups at 150 people going forward as some of these runs are really getting out of control and we need to keep the distribution manageable. That does not mean you can’t have a collaboration with multiple growers. Look forward to reading up on the strain :v:

11 Likes

I have a pack I would be willing to grow at the same time for distribution

5 Likes

awesome, thanks for the response doug! i’ll get working on an info packet for the co-op group. thankfully there’s no huge rush on things, and i’m glad to hear there’s already support from other og’ers with this!

that said, @DesertHeartGardens if you still want to run the dragon fruit thai, or anyone else who wants to seed run any of the other doc d packs, let me know and i’ll get them in your hands when you’re ready for them.

8 Likes

what are people’s thoughts on mixing the bandaid haze 3.0 and the bh 4.2? according to my notes, the 3.0 seems to be (Bandaid Haze F1 no.7 X A5 Haze/Thai bx) while the 4.2 is (quick trippy cedar piffy bhix2.0 X a5 haze/thai bx). would it be better to keep them separate, or is it better to open pollinate them together?

7 Likes

Probably easier to decide that once you see the plants. I have a lot of parallel combinations that I might combine later down the line but I just keep them labeled separately from now with notes on the male (I just assume I’ll remember the female which is true for now but I haven’t been doing it for long. Haven’t forgotten any females yet)

Edit: also nice to smoke the plants first. I’ve never done anytime for the sake of preservation though so I don’t know

5 Likes

that’s a tough call for sure.
i think if it is something getting donated to a Co op box it should just be a pure seed increase and not something mixed in.

10 Likes

For preservation sake they should definitely be kept separate imo. I have a pack, I’d probably participate if December is the slated timeframe to start.
If it gets voted down, then I’d happily send out packs for up to 100 people on my own dime. Bandaid should be given away for free :green_heart:

26 Likes

we should do this whether it gets voted down or not. like you said bandaid should be given out freely. first we need to compile a list of everyone willing to do it with a tentative germination date of 1 Dec 2022.

I’d say this is open to anyone who already has a pack.

I think @minitiger has a pack or two. can anyone think of other people to tag?

11 Likes

Fair enough. Well I’ll prob still offer up the bandaid haze x bb plus any male selections from the Cuban black x A5/tbx. I’m interested in anything from that gene pool especially if it’s easy to grow. Will make sure it’s clear what is being offered

11 Likes

Main reason being I haven’t grown the 3.0 but still think I got and will find some good shite

4 Likes

for sure offer those on the side. I’ll be throwing all my moms (blue Dream, goji og, Frankenstein, and highlighters Apollo) in to get hit with the sauce.

6 Likes

i’m with you vagabond_windy, i’d be happy to send out packs on my own dime as well if the co-op group doesn’t pick it up.

here’s who i have so far that have said they can participate in a seed run (this december?)…
@highminwin
@antheis
@Knifeman
@Vagabond_Windy
@Dr.VitaminGreen

10 Likes

Some Bandaid Haze history…

25 Likes