Doc D cannabis seeds

All nearing 35 days.

Black energy - a fav, this one is a cut i saved that has great flavor and great clear high - i had saved two dif cuts actually, but when a friend grew my other cut it turned out it was another strain (i fucked up).

Black energy x dragon energy (by the way anyone know what that circled growth pattern means ?)

The bexde look a bit weird - like skinny long undeveloped buds - its interesting, but im a bit worried that they are not filling up as i thought they would have by now… but i also have another strain (dif breeder) behaving similarly in this tent…. So it might be user error here. They still look pretty.

Purple corinto budder x dragon energy

Edit: im gonna add some more pics random of the pcb and black energy

41 Likes

Looks fire great work

4 Likes

Lemon Thai week 4 of flower. Smells like lemon pledge or similar cleaning product. Some phenotypes have a faint chemical smell in the background.

36 Likes

FYI, I have been warned to proceed with caution when dealing with the Matt Riot/Notso crew. They all just want to be famous. Until they release work that speaks louder than they do, I’d proceed with some skepticism.

18 Likes

Listening to the Breeders Syndicate podcast makes for some good background noise, but good for them that they are not all in the same room or they would die from sniffing each others flatulence.

Notsodog, Goat Farms, High and Lonesome, Blaze It Panda.
I hold Notso and High Lonesome in high regard.
I’m not to sure about Goat Farmer.
Blaze It Panda is a fanboy.

11 Likes

Tagging in a new (old) user you might recognize the name of, his story of the Bandaid Haze lineage is the one I usually quote from Katsu’s descriptions and older users might remember the Canna Cabana and ICMag logs I’ve found when looking into some old strain work.

Figured as an old acquaintance of Doc’s you might be interested in what he’s been up to, @DocGreenStone @Doc.D doesnt log in here much but hopefully he lurks or pops in now that he’s stateside again and rebooting. Folks find that he’s also very responsive to email, you’ll find his in the monthly seed lists reposted here from before he left for Mexico, they were one of the most exciting things to happen in cannabis in the last 5-10 years IMO:

17 Likes

Got this gem in today was lost in the mail for awhile but was found and made its way to me going to be my first venture into longer flowering varieties along with velvet buzzsaw for my next seed popimage

38 Likes

WGH cut coming up on first of 2 harvest windows.

First one at 9 weeks 70% cloudy. I have never taken it on this one, but more gassy chem notes

Second window it goes into overdrive with tight helical adding about 25% and incense opium notes come in.almost all cloudy by 11w.

This round will be better than the last

26 Likes

nice looking, what is WGH? i cant think of any Docs with those initials, but i am stoned…

5 Likes

Oops, its White Haze x Chem DD F2. It has a really refined fuel on the top notes. Friends started calling it white gas. Black tar Opium exhale. White Gas Haze cut. Not really a haze. Chem’s seem to nock down haze effects or meet in the middle. I have found some Nigerian Silk x chem boosts the effect, but loose the rest of it.

This is a fun one. The flower is about to take off again just as it looks like it’ll finish. I’ll post the same flower site in 3 weeks to show that

10 Likes

Dragon Hammer I like this one but she’s going on 13wks and no amber or fade

41 Likes

Ahh, Excellent. Thank you.

Yeah, I remember my work with Bandaid Haze. I was blessed with cuts from Doc D and she became an instant all-time favorite. It reminded me of old school Cuban Black Haze. My Review of the strain included what is probably the most extensive historically accurate write up of it. I really took the time to talk to everyone about it, Bodhi, and the sources for the genetics too, whom I maintained friendships with and was set to recieve cuts of some of the original A5 hybrid work. I forget his name though. I wish more of the write up existed it was quite long and was some of my best work. The pix I took of Bandaid Haze really did it justice too because she is an absolute monster yielding plant! Tasted so much like Black Haze it was mindblowing. I dont think I grew CBH but I have a cross I did with it in my seed collection so I am really confused. Maybe I had a cut but it was not true sourced. I did meet a guy from Miami who has been growing nothing but CBH and a few other strains for almost 30 years now. I had cuts lined up.

22 Likes

I’m trying to find that complete version but no luck so far, still some places to try, archives I know of.

I did find this, did KatsuBluebird get that correct, you’re the Bodhi tester who found the BH#7 cut? That’s amazing man!

It seems like the usual story is that it’s found by Doc D, but was that the two of you sharing cuts and looking through them? And that time has conflated you two Docs into one? That’s what I’m putting 2+2 here and getting.

https://www.instagram.com/p/u8xIX_g5hZ/?igsh=MXJhenFlNjlsbGNlNA==

17 Likes

@Dirt_Wizard I see the confusion, It was Katsu’s honest mistake. It was Doc D who found it actually. Doc D and I are close friends and @Katsu dipped from the scene for many years and when he reappeared he rejoined us at a private site for breeders right about the time I was doing a strain review of Bandaid Haze for Bodhi and Doc D (as well as Katsu who also did work with her). They had free rights to pix and use my strain review text as they saw fit, I consider them all some of my closest friends. DocD and I are about the only Doc’s besides ThaDocta so he likely just confused us.

I am pretty sure they came from original F1 stock but something prevents me from declaring it true so possibly F2 stock. They guy who made them is also another old school and close friend of ours who was still making fresh stock with the same strains. Im sure @Bodhi or @Doc D can recall his name better than I. lol I can assure that Bandaid Haze and the stock they came from is some of the most elite haze I’ve ever smoked and Ive smoke a shitload of Hazes going way back.

Who is the A5/Mirakel guy??, I forget his name. This will help me recall more details. I am pretty sure I did the same thing and ran CBH x a5/mirakel from the same source as Doc D, the A5/mirakel guy, our mutual friend. I remember his grow, he lived in an apartment complex with a tiny shared but fenced off back porch and he was growing these massive 12’ tall sativas that I would think every neighbor in his complex could see plain as day. lol He is truly a great guy though, a dedicated and knowledgeable old school grower. Love em.

And If I am not mistaking I believe that pretty much only Doc D is working the strain and our mutual friend is working a slightly different more original line. But if I return to growing I will for sure, 100%, track down fresh cuts or just pop some of Doc D’s work on her.

20 Likes

I just recalled that an old friend, @420andPost started a new website and asked for permission to use some or my strain reviews and he might be the last source the pix and complete review. I recall it being a 13 week strain too.

5 Likes

Is that YoSammy?

5 Likes

Interesting read.
I know you two are talking about Bandaid Haze, but I’m curious about the A5 x Mirakel cross and who made it.

I know it was Karma G that reintroduced A5 to the scene back in 2014.
YoSammy believed A5 was lost due to mislabeling and he had to be convinced that Karma did have a buddy that did give him the A5 Haze, yet I continually hear YoSammy being credited for reintroducing the A5.

Post in thread ‘2015 A5HazeBX and LTD’s Project Thread.’ https://www.icmag.com/threads/2015-a5hazebx-and-ltds-project-thread.293894/post-9125408

6 Likes

All right so I found this.

Karma breaks it down again.

6 Likes

I believe there is doubt now that the Thai is in that cross, I’m still looking for the mention from someone who would know, but in the meantime I found the first picture of BAH#7 from Doc D, I believe:

https://www.instagram.com/p/puyv5zA5m3/

And what the pack from Bodhi said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBx-Ok2hXal/

18 Likes

Not YoSammy. DocD knows though. No idea where to find him these days.

6 Likes