Doc D cannabis seeds

Bandaid haze 7 x beastie boy. Got five or six variegated ones like these out of 23 plants. Like a week into flower.
Does anyone have any info on the mullum/oaxacan strain? I’m on the fence and about the m./o. x afpak but can’t find any info. Don’t want to bug doc d with too many questions haha I already put in my order and switched it once already haha smh.

24 Likes

Welcome to OG

5 Likes

The variegation is a trait probably passed on by the Cuban Black Haze used in the Bandaid Haze #7 it’s a known trait of the Cuban Black.

5 Likes

Hi @Jubal_harshaw, welcome to OG! You’ll love it here! Guaranteed! Please, head over to the thread below and introduce yourself!! Have fun!!

3 Likes

Yeah I had to edit my post cause it wouldn’t let me include two pics. Here’s my most Cuban black lookin curl. This one is in the male tent still not showing. I should finish checking on the ladies so I can see if it’s a girl. I’d rather it be a boy at this point I think.

14 Likes

Here’s a long and interesting thread about legitimate Mullumbimby Madness:

The first couple pages are very interesting. To me, anyway.

I’ve always liked DJ Short’s description of the Highland Oaxacan he used to get in the 70’s:

I feel like I can kind of extrapolate what to expect from that Mullum/Oaxacan mom from reading about each strain. Or at least a little bit, anyway.

And advancedbuffalo is growing the Mullum/Oaxaca x AfPak right now, so hopefully he’ll keep us updated about how those are doing. I’m super-interested in that cross, got a few packs of those.

9 Likes

I had that curl going on big-time with one of the Bandaids I planted for this grow, but he turned out male, so I tossed him (not trying to make seeds right now). But yeah, that curl is apparently a telltale marker of legit CBH.

9 Likes

If you have IG, go thru @theonlye.t ‘s page; he’s the source of Docs Mullum/Oaxacan, and still grows it — not sure if they’ll answer questions… but you can try.

And bug Doc! He answers when he can, and never seems to mind.

Nice plants

11 Likes

appreciate that should be a good read. and I’ll stay tuned for that grow probably need to scoop some up this month. torn between the mullum/oaxaca x afpak and the nigerian haze afpak which i’ve heard good stuff about

4 Likes

oh shit I follow that guy. e.t. that makes sense now i always pronounced it theo_something in my head haha. Thanks!

4 Likes

I’m not particularly interested in making seeds with this one at the moment either. but i do have the midnight mass from piffcoastfarms which is a feminized cbh bx. a male might be nice to have when the run comes around

2 Likes

Wait, you don’t even have seeds of that yet? And you’re bugging us about info??? Fuck youuuuuuu!!! Haha, just kidding. Doc’s description of his Nigerian Rafiki really kind of turned me off from that particular cross, just because he mentioned that it’s kind of a heart-pounding “rushy” sorta plant. I don’t know if the AfPak in the hybrid you’re considering might make it a little more mellow, but it might. I’ve grown one Nigerian hybrid before (from Bodhi, not from Doc) and I was fully expecting it to be almost uncomfortably racy, but it wasn’t at all. It was extremely psychedelic and very pleasant. I’m prone to panic attacks and some weed will actually induce one, but that Nigerian cross didn’t do that. Didn’t even come close. So who knows how that Nigerian Haze x AfPak will turn out?

Still, I’d probably go with the Mullumbimby hybrid myself.

12 Likes

haha i’m facing a tough decision that’s why. and yeah i don’t really know what i like but i’m definitely willing to do a hybrid of the racey type. never had panic attacks but i am getting weirder about shit as time goes on so i wanna try that stuff while i still can haha. i heard nigerian rafiki was pretty hard to grow so i wasn’t gonna think too hard on that one.

but yeah i think i like the sound of that mullum/oaxaccan too that’s probably the move

3 Likes

All good info on the Mullum/Oaxacan. That’s one I’ve had an interest in for a while now. Most of the info I’ve been able to find on it is on ICMag.

The only thing I will add to what @minitiger and @lambchopedd have mentioned is that the Oaxacan used was not a pure Oaxacan, it was Oaxacan Space Shuttle (unsure of exact parentage, but it was a cross with a NL/Haze line) which I think was made by Kangativa.

13 Likes

good to know. Love the name!

3 Likes

Oh, for real? I hadn’t heard that (but I don’t hear much haha). Still… Shit. Thanks for the heads-up. I thought it was a pure Oaxacan.

7 Likes

I’m running the Mullum/Oaxacan x Afpak because of what I saw in the Mullum/Oaxacan x Beastie Boy cross.

For flavor, that mom seemed to bring a citrus nose front, sandalwood back end, and some melon undertones as well. The beastie boy overpowered the moms flavors in the taste department with bitter earthy woody tones, which is why I’m looking through the afpak stuff. The afpak dad seems like a lighter, less dominant male that will allow a fuller expression of the Mullum/Oaxacan flavor profile.

The mom definitely isn’t pure based on what I’m seeing from these girls in flower. More of a squat structure compared to the Zang! x Afpak that I have next to them on week 3. But they are steadily catching up in height which is kinda scary lol. Late late trigger.

Doc says that it passes on some real potency which is what I’m looking for with these plants. The high on the MO x BB was pretty intense, with over saturated colors and a sortof disorienting headspace lol. I want to see if this pairing brings a cleaner high with the psychedelic visual effects.

23 Likes

Grew a Mullum/Oaxacan × Afpak in a friend’s yard this past summer. It didn’t get to finish but what we did get was definitely potent.

18 Likes

cool interview and “channel” if that’s what it’s called!

3 Likes

3x Banana OG x Afpak
1x Ethiopian Banana x Dragon Energy at day 14F

29 Likes