Doc D cannabis seeds

The Mullum/Oaxacan x Beastie Boy plants I grew were also very potent. I experience visual effects with some sativa dominant crosses, and these plants made colors very vivid with sorta red flashes and stuff.

Im seeing some 9-10 week finishers, and the some that may go as long as 12-14 weeks. Currently beginning week 5/day 36 or so. Stretch seems to be finished on all plants except one super equatorial leaning Mullum/Oax x Afpak.

Bananastans look to be 8 week finishers. Same with Dragon Hammer. Zang x Afpak looks 10-11 weeks maximum with about half looking like they will finish in 8-9 weeks.

Sour D x Lemon Thai so far are the best smelling plants out of the Lemon Thai crosses, BUT we are only on day 36. They seem to be the fastest to develop resin, with the Goji x Lemon Thai lagging behind, and the Lemon Thai’s thinnest leaf phenos even further behind. Some of these Lemon Thai plants are just starting to pop out pistils now. I will wait another 3-4 weeks to give an update on these because things can change fast with equatorial genetics later in flower. I have a good feeling about these!!

All of the Afpak crosses that I can reach/rub/smell have this really sweet and long lasting floral note to their initial/early resin. Its really really nice. As of right now, I’m keeping an eye out for a plant that brings that floral note as a base, and then add complexity on top with momma terps/potency/high.

So far so good over here. Hope you all had a great new year and holidays!

28 Likes

Got all this heat in my mailbox at the same time :hot_face:

Thanks Doc

33 Likes

When I asked Doc about the Outer Limits seeds, he mentioned that that AfPak male will add some sweetness to the Sour Diesel funk. Sounds like that’s just a thing with the AfPak crosses. Anyway, glad to hear everything’s looking good for you. Super-stoked to hear how those Mullum/Oaxacans turn out.

17 Likes

Yeah so far Doc is 4 for 4 on being dead on with male descriptions. The afpak crosses start off sweet/floral with very little resin development, but quickly start to develop resin rails and mom terps after week 5. I just had to cull a plant in my hunting tent and used that as an opportunity to check terp development on everything and… The smells are just outstanding.

I will say, I had one Bananastan that quite literally lived up to its name and became a nanner tree. Due to the Ethiopian Banana being an african landrace, its not at all surprising to see this since these wild plants will do anything to reproduce. I wouldn’t expect the Afpak to suppress herm tendencies. It was one seed out of 24, so its rare. But keep an eye out!

Zang! x Afpak, Mullum/Oax x Afpak, and Dragon Hammer are all solid and stable. The other Bananastan plants are looking/smelling outstanding. I caught it well before pollen was flying so… I’m not an IG breeder just yet.

I forgot to take photos again because I was rushing through my morning scouting walk. I wanted to kill the herm ASAP. But the Lemon Thai hunt is going really well.

So far the Sour D x Lemon Thai are looking awesome and are going to be the fastest finishers. Terps on the good ones are what you would expect out of this cross. Sour lemon heads, really nice. Goji Razz x Lemon Thai just stole the show now that I am seeing some resin development. One plant is literally smelling like raspberry lemonade. Not like “hint of hint of raspberries with slight limonene” like we see so often with hype. Literally pure raz lemons with no bold/offensive back end. When I smelled it I think I said “Doc you did it again!” with a stupid smile on my face.

Overall with what I’m seeing right now… Both of these males are killer and bring terpene profiles that are what Id consider pure. Pure tropical floral sweet fruit, melon, honeydew, lemons, raspberries, astringent, etc. In a world full of offensive gassy rubbery skunky myrcene dominant plants, this is a welcome change. Now we just have to drive them to finish, test potency, and then jar stability. Safe to say Ill be re-vegging all plants in both rooms post chop.

28 Likes

I picked up some of DocDs gear and will give them a go in the spring some freebies too.

23 Likes

First pic, bandaid haze x beastie boy (#13) probably the broadest leaves of the bunch, the most vigor, and pretty strong smelling too. Sweet and perfumey slightly musky but mostly sweet. I like to compare it to one of those sweeter red zone deodorants. Smells kinda good but would definitely rather smoke it than wear it. This one has been pollinated by my 9lb hammer male and sweet pink grapefruit bx x agent orange from loudog. Taking a few cuts soon because I waited too long in veg. It wasn’t super unhappy being rootbound but I didn’t want to risk taking an apical cut that didn’t root.

#13 shooting past the lights, outcompeting the #1 that’s sharing the 7gal pot with

#20 in the third pic. The second narrowest leaf female in the bunch. One of my favorites in terms of general health and ease of growth. Much slower flower development than #13 so probably a longer flowering pheno. Not the strongest smells at this point but definitely less sweet than #13

The whole family. Don’t mind the yellow plants, those are clones that I’m running and wasn’t prepared for how fast they would use up the nutes in the the ff ocean forest soil. All the bandaid haze beastie boys are healthy which is good because I was worried about there would be some problems going from rootbound liter containers transplanted directly into the flower room without letting them adjust before changing light cycle. Plus I just winged a soil mix using only recycled soil and the little bit of compost I had left over from the summer.

27 Likes

I got some photos of the Bananastans on day 36. Totally lied about the flower time in an earlier post, forgot that I started these plants 5 days after the lemon thai crosses. These are the furthest along in the hunting tent, so they are all that is really worth photographing/editing/exporting right now. Great resin production on all of them and really great smells. Id describe these as lush and tropical, Kiona calls the Ethiopian Banana cut tootie fruity. Id definitely agree with that.

All of the Afpak crosses start off with a really awesome floral/sweet/fresh scent and then mom terps seem to develop on top. I really like this male.

Phenos dont get numbered until chop. I number them based on the order they finish. But here they are!

^^^And queen ladyboy. As bad as it looks, at least it was an in-your-face herm that was visible from 10 feet away. Much better to get one of these, rather than a plant that likes hiding the nanners between sugar leaves and buds. May she rest in peace!

34 Likes

So , @advancedbuffalo , you got 7 Females and 1 she/he? Any males? These look to have a little bit more leaf to trim compared to the Ethiopian Banana x DE. I picked up a few more packs of each to look through.
I had one plant with a few nanners also, (they came on really late in flower), not as full as that one… I let it finish anyway, and didn’t find any seed in the harvest.
I would like to get some more pollen to work with these Ethiopians. I currently have two or three viles of pollen from the first EBxDE run. If you do any work with your males, I would love to get any spare/extra pollen /cut if possible?

I’ll be running both EB crosses again as soon as this Lemon Thai finishes. I will let all the EB males finish on the next batch and collect pollen and clones from each.
LT f5s are just into the end of week two now. Had to cull One LT… ONE of the trifolate switched to full on male after the flip … keep an eye out!!!
Pics coming !

11 Likes

So I think I have 9 females and one herm which is in the back yard under 5 inches of snow. :stuck_out_tongue: No males at this point, only because I have a bunch of backup packs to look through later. I didn’t feel qualified to select males during this round because they are lines that I was unfamiliar with.

The goal of this hunt is to explore lines that showed great promise during past hunts, but focusing on different males that I feel would mesh best with the mothers that I have explored in other crosses. For example, I liked the Mullum/Oaxacan x Beastie Boy, but the citrus spice front didnt translate to taste because of the beastie boy’s overpowering earthy back end. That earthy back end basically masked the sweet citrus haze spice note that I really wanted. So this time I’m looking through the Mullum/Oaxacan x Afpak to bring that hazy spice aroma and taste forward a bit without dad being overly dominant.

Same deal for most of the other crosses. Bananastan is an attempt to find a very EB leaning mom, determine the consistency of the rest of the population, and eventually use that experience to dive back in and select a male based on expressions I saw in the females.

So only females as of right now. But in the future as I slow the hunts down and close the mom room doors, I am going to use my little 4x4 quarantine tent for some male runs to perform selective pollination. At that point Id absolutely share pollen/cuts/whatever with anyone on here who I know.

I think we are on the same wavelength with the EB crosses though. Its such an intriguing 1:1 with supposedly a strong equatorial high in a shorter finishing package. I dont like getting too hyped up for plants based on terps during flower… But these certainly smell special and have excellent resin for a heirloom/landrace type cross. I’m totally up for sharing any female keeper cuts that I find during this hunt.

And damn sorry to hear about one of the tri petioles! Ill have to dig into my Lemon Thai F5 plants to check now!

21 Likes

Thank you for your insight. It’s the same reason I grabbed a few packs with the Afpak male, he’s supposed to add a slight touch while allowing the female to shine :sparkles:

12 Likes

So here goes my Bananastans (12 males, 9 females — 3 of which are Bananastan rmx) so far…

No real plans for these other than hopefullyyyyy finding some super Gros Michel types smells :crossed_fingers:t4: I just wanna preserve that in case Doc never releases his filials/more banana-terp hybrids.

I completely fucked my Banana OG x afpaks plants from neglect — however two males remain, and one female.

The Bananastans however took foreverrrr to start flowering after flipped — even had to drop the light cycle to 10/14 just to really jumpstart em. Anyone else have this issue?

Pics were taken on diff days. I suck on updating ish

31 Likes

Wow, man, those plants in that second pic all look so different from one another. Those two in the back, especially… Hoowee. Straight-up totem pole. Are those the females or the males?

Wha’d you do, start looking into banana breeders or something? Haha. I was like,”What the fuck is Gros Michel…?” So I searched and read about it. Learn something new every day… I always just buy the bananas at the grocery store that have the “Organic!” label on them. Maybe I’ll start looking into banana breeding. And make sure I get the Gros Michels…

10 Likes

Those were the males in the second pic!

And shit man, I wish I remembered who here told me what the Gros Michel was…. But yeah, somebody here said it! For anyone else reading who doesn’t know, that “artificial banana” flavor that you either love or hate, that’s what bananas used to taste like before they died from blight and the introduction of the Cavandish! I fucking love that taste! It’s the flavor of the nicotine vapes that got me addicted to nicotine :sweat_smile: (God damn nicotine addiction though!)

If you’re the guy who talked about banana varieties in this thread many moons ago & you’re reading this…. PLEASE make yourself known. You changed my life lol

Edit:

Fucking @yardgrazer ! You’re the fucking man, dude

13 Likes

baker creek seeds has a number of varieties of heirloom bananas… i grew some pink banana plants this year but they had bugs all over them when i brought them in to winter…

could pair well with some doc d smoke? related comment hail mary

9 Likes

I was compelled to order two packs of CBH x a5/thai. I’m looking to win next year’s piffcon with it.

9 Likes

These 2 shirts just came in the mail yesterday from Doc. Love the design on these :sunglasses:
And of course I bought a pack of seeds. With Doc being Doc, he threw in this months freebie pack, now I have a 10 pack of the Magic CBD. :green_heart:

33 Likes

@Vagabond_Windy nice haul, I really dig that black shirt. Waiting for Feb. newsletter to come out. I have some outer lights in veg right now. Looking forward to working with some more of Doc’s genetics soon as well.

13 Likes

dang that black shirt with a multi color logo is dope. I picked up a white shirt since he’s moving.

8 Likes

yeah I really like that black one too, may have to grab it. I get compliments on the red one all the time, same with the Supernatural Selections one… people always asked me what company it was, when I was in prohibition-land I’d tell them it’s a hemp company, haha. Now people just recognize my plantmoreseeds stuff here and it’s awesome.

11 Likes

Yeah, I like that one, too. I’ve got the burgundy one, but I like all the colors in the logo on the black one. Might have to grab one of those.

Freedom, brother. Freedom…

14 Likes