Doc D December 2022 seed run

i personally made just under two thousand seeds. I only had one female and had to get pollen mailed to me. Gpas estimates at least 30k seeds were mailed to her.

9 Likes

I’d be so stoked for black energy x dragon energy

5 Likes

i totally agree, dhg!

man that’s so many seeds, and all from one female! so i imagine if we had half the group doing bandaid haze we’d get plenty to supply the community and the other growers can run some of the cool crosses.

also if we split the group, we can maybe figure out which growers are up to share pollen and put them in the bh group. i would be up for the extra challenge myself. then the growers running the crosses can manage their own timeline, and at the end we can present the community with a doc d melange.

5 Likes

I am new to these seed runs and am looking forward to getting started.

I don’t have any strong opinions on what to run, but I am curious to hear what people would prefer. If you feel like there were too many seeds produced with goji, maybe it would be good to pick two or more and diversify? But, I am good with whatever is decided.

If people want to share pollen I am fine with that.

I am curious if these are usually an open pollination?

5 Likes

yes i believe an open pollination is preferred for seed runs, as you’ll be maximizing the available gene pool. i suppose you never know what sort of genetics even a runty looking specimen could be carrying. if we open pollinate in addition to sharing pollen, then we really should be opening up many more genetic combinations.

it seems like you, myself, and @antheis are down for sharing pollen. we could be on the bandaid haze team. one thing i’d like to figure out is a timeline for when we could start, since sharing pollen would probably require a little more syncing together.

@Jubal_harshaw said he’d be excited to run black energy x dragon energy.

if @Vagabond_Windy and/or @Dr.VitaminGreen are interested in running the mother’s milk x thunder gun express cross, we can get seeds to them. or they can join on the bh train. perhaps scheduling would work out better for certain people to work with bh.

@DesertHeartGardens would you be joining our grow efforts as well, or just planning to watch from the sidelines?

9 Likes

i’ve been thinking about what @nobodysnursery said about the BAH not being that rare and a very recent, and fully tested, release and have kinda shied away from putting out massive amounts of f2s. it is one of doc’s flagship strains and one that he would most likely put out first if/when he gets up and running for seed making in mexico putting out f2s of the 3.0 could possibly ‘step on his toes’ and take sales away from him.

it looks like there is 1.5 packs of this available for a seed run from what everyone has posted, @Knifeman and @highminwin, and this would def qualify as rare and discontinued so it gets my vote for reproduction.

both @Jubal_harshaw and I have zang! x af/pak and going off @advancedbuffalo 's description and smoke report it gets my vote for a repro.

10 Likes

I would be good with running the mm x tge if that what is decided. Do people usually check with the breeder to make sure they are not working that line?

I am willing to run anything that I have. I just flipped the black triangle x sensi star and they are some vigorous plants.

7 Likes

I’m down to run whatever as long as I can get some soil issues in check before December. Working on a lighter seedling mix.

9 Likes

If all goes to plan I would like to join the efforts in the grow going over this week and grabbing all the grow gear a neighbor is gifting me after losing interest trying to put up the tent this winter in my garage for my first seed run :+1:

5 Likes

yes we do. as far as I know doc has given his blessing on us doing an increase on any of his gear since he’s going dark for a while.

8 Likes

Never run doc’s gear. And not a part of this at all, but as an outsider looking in I would be PSYCHED if you all ran the Bandaid Haze!

:robot:

5 Likes

Great things happening here. Doc D just moved to Mexico right?

6 Likes

he did. he still plans to release seeds through banks.

6 Likes

I just wanted to clarify that it was cool with Doc. I am not surprised that he gave his blessing to do seed runs with his gear. He was by far the most helpful of any breeder and he answered every email in detail. Everything was so easy. My only regret is not finding out about him sooner.

I hope we can spread some love to the people who didn’t have the opportunity to buy directly from him and want to see what he is about. I am interested in hearing feedback over the next couple months to see if more people weigh in on their preferences.

10 Likes

I’m strapped in for this ride.

4 Likes

What’s the problem are you seedlings damping off? If you’re starting in re-used soil make sure to sterilize it in the microwave or steamer, that was a game changer for me. I had like 10% survival in re-used soil until I started sterilizing my shit

6 Likes

Any of those sativa x afpak sound fire I’d love to run those

3 Likes

Seems to be exactly my issue. I will give your suggestion a try vs the seedling mix I’m going to make :pray:

7 Likes

i agree, and i regret not buying more of the af/pak crosses.

3 Likes

It’ll change everything! I lost so many seeds last winter trying to figure out what was going on. Just make sure the soil is damp and then throw it in the microwave. I don’t have one so I have to use a steamer but it’s like magic. Haven’t seen any damping off since

5 Likes