Doc D cannabis seeds

Awesome reports dude! I’m glad I snagged a pack of these while they’re pre-release. I’m really chasing that banana taffy taffy smell, haha. Some people hate it, but I can’t get enough!

8 Likes

There is some awesome stuff to be found. I have half a pack left. Im going to run them soon and try to find that laffy taffy smell that cures out well. If I find a good male I’ll F2 them to hunt through more.
Please let me know if you find that one because I love banana laffy taffy as well ! :yum:

14 Likes

Smoke Report

Ethiopian Banana x Dragon Energy
Days in flower : 66
Medium: 3 gallon pots fed water only

Growth and Structure: Very vigorous, loves to be topped. OG style node spacing and bud structure. Stretches about 2-3x and will need support later in flower.

Bag Appeal :

Large and Round OG style golfball buds. Not as resinous as modern strains but still nice. Dense with some squishiness.

Smell : Fruit and gas. Not citrus, not flat out banana but very close. Kushy, Followed by more gas. Sour chemical smell and gas.
Did I mention gas? Lol
8/10

Taste : Exactly like it smells. Smooth, fruity, sour, chemical, kushy. 9/10 Taste doesn’t really linger the way I like.

Effects: Powerful and instant. Heady, soaring, creative. Focused, meditative. No raciness, no anxiety, pure joy and brightness. Thoughts flow freely. Very heavy as I get towards the end of the joint, and very sleepy. When I smoked half a joint before work was the best. No real pain relief but so good and strong it kinda makes you forget about it.
9/10

Potency: great potency. 3+ hours
10/10

Overall : This was the lone female from a failed germination on my part. I do have a male I found that is super resinous and has the same structure so I will keep him around until I pop that other pack and do a small open F2 in case Doc doesn’t make anymore. This one is very good.

42 Likes

Bandaid haze 7 x beastie boy #13 lives on!

This was by far the most vigorous of the bunch, probably top 3 in flavor, probably runner up for best high. This one is in the back of the tent and really close to the light so this is the only decent picture of the top nug I was able to get

Really excited to have it around to make more seeds with this one because I for some reason only pollenated it with indica hybrids but I’d like to have some sativa offspring too. I also have a pretty viable wookie hp x 9lb hammer male that seems to have the same lavender and menthol stem rub as the mother which should work well with the floral notes on the #13. I haven’t smoked any females from that wookie hp x 9lb cross yet but this male is 1 of 2 plants out of 36 that germinated into like 38% rh less than 60 degrees that survived haha

32 Likes

Ill echo your smoke report here. The Ethiopian Flame is a hell of a hybrid and brings the best of Ethiopian Banana and Headbanger. My pheno had wet, slippery resin that turned to glue upon drying. Tropical fruit front with a creamy bready sour back end. Smell translates to flavor really well, and the high is soaring and relaxing. Extreme medicinal qualities, completely cuts through and curbs any anxiety or depression.

25 Likes

Ill be honest, its extremely difficult selecting a keeper out of all of these seeds lol. There are just so many good plants. The Lemon Thai hybrids are very potent, and Dragon Energy is once again proving itself. Afpak is also amazing. I just smoked my fav Zang! x Afpak and its such a nice one. Astringent floral haze spice on the nose. Astringent haze and spice translates to palette, and then the spicy flavor stays until the last hit. Velvety smooth. I couldn’t believe how smooth it was while being flavorful.

Time to walk the dog. This is going to make those walks awesome.

23 Likes

I’m leaning towards one of the Lemon Thai crosses and I already have the Double Dosidos x A5 Haze/Thai bx going but I’m hoping someone here maybe @advancedbuffalo can help me make a choice as to what I should pop in April along with a pack of Bodhi.
Any suggestions?

15 Likes

I’d go with your gut. I haven’t grown any of the A5/Thai bx hybrids yet but I did get several musty basement phenotypes from my bandaid haze x beastie boy. My impression was that the musty phenos are begging for more skunk or gassy terps - there’s already a subdued skinniness in that terp profile it seems like. That convinced me to pull the trigger on dagobah, but I bet the double dosi would mesh well in a similar way

9 Likes

So maybe that Sour D x A5 Haze/Thai bx? It did sound promising based on Docs descriptions of the Archive sour d cut. I have to scoop up Dagobah as well if it’s on this months list, thanks for reminding me :wink: and thanks for the advice :pray:

11 Likes

Yeah that sour d sounds fire too but I’m all for impulsively popping seeds from a gut feeling haha. I believe @ClassicGenetix grew the sour d cross assuming it’s the same guy from IG. Not sure I saw any of those posts on here, but he said it smelled disgusting in a great way. How did it smoke classic?

8 Likes

Hey bud, I ran those and got some amazing smoke: A5Haze/Thai fun from Doc D (Zang!, Sour Diesel x A5 Haze/Thai, Bandaid Haze ix 3.0)

I actually just popped Bandaid Haze no.7 x Sour Diesel Bx2 last night because my only issue with the Sour D x A5T was that it grew short rather than like a big hazy bush, but it’s some of the most skunky, funky stuff I’ve ever had and I’ve been smoking and growing for over 30 years.

36 Likes

So the only packs from that list I have direct experience with are the Bandaid Haze, Lemon Thai F5 and Ethiopian Banana x DE. Out of those I would run the BH and Ethiopian again, and Id keep the Thai on ice for potential projects. I liked the Lemon Thai, but in my experience the hybrids are much better than the pure lines if you are growing for smoke.

The Blue Triangle x Afpak sounds really cool. Both the LT hybrids are probably really good, I had great luck with my Goji Razz x LT, lots of nice OG traits coming through with the LT hybrids. I wasnt a huge fan of the Sour D x LT, not much sour came through compared to what I see in DE hybrids.

You know its a good problem when everything on the list sounds exciting. I’ve always wanted to check out the A5 S1 hybrids, along with the Dream Lotus stuff. All A5/Thai hybrids are great too, cant go wrong! But the Nepali WHP hybrids… Those have me curious.

22 Likes

Anyone know how to get on the mailing list for this month? I’ve tried reaching out…

5 Likes

On a similar note, thx to advanced buffalo for posting last months mailer. I think I’d been dropped. So @Ricogrows they’re usually posted pretty early here

6 Likes

And welcome!

3 Likes

I didn’t get an email last month either. Not sure what happened.

9 Likes

I’ll post it up when it arrives, so far I haven’t missed one. You should be able to send an order in based on the list posted here. Id try to send from a Gmail account, seems to be the most reliable.

I messaged him a few days ago and haven’t gotten a response. Its the day before a mailing list release so he’s probably super busy.

9 Likes

He responded to me and added me! Dropping list tmrw let’s go!

4 Likes

Yeah, people sometimes get dropped from the mailing list or shuffled out of the arbitrary gmail daily email blast limit (I think it’s like 500 addresses in a 24 hour period). Historically, shooting Doc D an email later in the day was the best way to get back on the list if you got bounced outside the limit.

9 Likes

Doc told me he ran into problems with the blast list limit at the beginning of this month - I also never received it - but placed an order thanks to one of you posting it. Community FTW!

14 Likes