Doc D December 2022 seed run

Just was trying to make it clear what you were saying.

“Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could they didn’t stop to think if they should.”

6 Likes

Curious to know why there have been Spirit Train seed runs on OG while Bodhi has still been releasing it over the last year.

1 Like

I haven’t seen bodhi drop spirit train since ~Jan of 2020 :thinking:

3 Likes

Great Lakes had some in stock this past spring and I’m pretty sure last summer or fall.

3 Likes

I know bodhi has the rona so gonna tag @Great_lakes_Genetics

Can you shine a light on this? Is bodhi still releasing spirit train or was this backstock?

3 Likes

All love here fam, and I’m interested in the Bodhi questions too, but maybe take that discussion over here
so that this thread stays on topic

5 Likes

I do not have the specific details on the spirit train specifically. Please reach out to the co-op originators and the co-op action group for deeper details on the conclusions made.

Bodhi does seem to keep a stash of retired lines that he’ll make available pseudo randomly. I’ve seen things pop-up that we know as being retired or lost from time to time. There is some discussion examples around a similar conflict from a number of years ago in the Bodhi response thread (linked above) where late in a run on something, I forget, it suddenly popped up on GLG.

Historically, we’ve had some examples of where it was understood that a certain cross was retired (no longer being made available) and no longer in the retail channels only to see it re-appear some many months later. Those types of situation typically require thought, consideration, and discussion that sometimes leads to reaching out to the strain originator.

Despite that, it’s a bit ancillary to the discussion at hand. Point is, there is a desire to avoid executing runs on current lines known (as per the breeder) or suspect (e.g. recent) unless some hurdles are cleared and verified.

This is not a limitation on individuals doing their own thing. No one is stopping anyone. What you own is what you own and you most certainly should be able to do with that as you please.

Though, within the OG community, there needs to be some care taken to avoid becoming the pirate ship within the greater community. There are limitations to consider as we desire to maintain a respectful face within the larger community, to avoid the drama, and to avoid interfering with breeder livelihoods. Primarily, the idea is rare, discontinued, retired, or exceedingly difficult to obtain lines (last one is perhaps a bit grey) are generally good to go as it achieves a number of goals while minimizing the risk of stepping on toes. We’ve also have had, while relatively rare, runs aborted or not included within distribution because of a conflict.

It’s difficult to not sound negative and no one wants to tamper such ambition. Some situations do need to get untangled from time to time. What is being pointed out is that some of what is being considered needs additional clarity. The ideas here are great along with a number of thoughtful comments. The desire and effort to develop and participate in a co-op run is awesome with any shared results receiving a great deal of attention and is very much appreciated by the OG community overall. It is a cornerstone towards building strong relationships, team efforts, and an overall stronger community. Truly those that participate is something to admire and look up to.

32 Likes

Killer response bro

8 Likes

@Northern_Loki i see now why your team OG

Well stated

6 Likes

I just popped a A5 x Dragon’s hammer i’m looking for a good sativa x af/pak combo… too bad I didn’t grab the A5 xDE or I would be down for popping a few more…

7 Likes

I never knew there was a dragon hammer male. Sounds like a good one

3 Likes

Dragonsoul is a seed line from Bodhi.
Dragon Hammer is Dragonsoul x Afpak
Dragon Energy is Dragonsoul x Headbanger

Not sure if he ever used the dragon hammer male or not.
Doc did released some Dragonsoul male crosses though…
Dragonsoul F2
TK x Dragonsoul
PCK x Dragonsoul
Prob a few more too

14 Likes

Was this the Dragon Hammer x A5 Haze/Thai bx? Or was this maybe a special freebie pack that wasn’t listed in the emails?

I don’t ever recall seeing a Dragon Hammer male in Doc D’s emails, but I know he had some crosses using a Dragon Hammer female. Also, I can only find a handful of crosses made with an A5 Haze clone or S1 as the female–like with the DE as you noted.

8 Likes

Ok I’ve never tried any of doc gear but that A5 x dragon hammer really sounds interesting wow

4 Likes

Yes it is the Dragon hammer x A5Haze/Thai bx, I just didn’t write out the whole a5haze/thaibx part my bad for the confusion. It is however growing super strechy but with wicked fat broad leaves, weirdest shit I’ve seen in awhile lol…

6 Likes

I think the confusion came for a few of us when you listed them as A5 x Dragon Hammer. Pretty sure we all assumed the part you didn’t type, but the order of the parents in the cross made at least me wonder. Since the generally accepted notation for listing cannabis crosses is female x male/pollen donor, it made me think you managed to obtain some uber-rare seeds made with a Dragon Hammer male.

7 Likes

I feel that given his situation it would be rude to run his flagship line. He is a small breeder going through a transitional period…of course he wants to please his customers. Without any other communication from him other than It would be ok to run F2s of his gear, you should take into account what works for him. Unless he is specificky allowing the reproduction of his flagship, ie he said yes run my flagship to Fx, I wouldn’t run it. I’m sure you familiar with the saying “my eyes are bigger than my stomach”. Doc D isn’t bodhi, and this should be respected.

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

5 Likes

I think it’s safe to say there isn’t gonna be a community run of the BH line.

I’m impressed people here have even managed to coordinate a big f2 considering how fickle most of us are with what seeds to run next haha. There seems to maybe be some support for a sativa x afpak mashup. As far as f2’s I’m most interested in A5 clone x DE, gonna be gnarly.

Anyone here have any strong feelings other than not stepping on anyone’s toes?

Edit to fix an autocorrect typo

7 Likes

As soon as a breeder takes a pause everyone who didn’t buy packs wants a co-op or seed run. They weren’t even expensive.
Theres a lot if people who just wait for seed runs and never support the breeders.
There’s still plenty doc shit around. If you can’t get anyone to hook you up you should probably check your karma (no one in particular).

8 Likes

Haha fair. I feel like pollen sharing between people participating would logistically be the easiest and then recipients can just do whatever tf the want with it, put in the freezer until you re-run keepers, knock up your whole garden whatever

5 Likes