Doc D December 2022 seed run

he did. he still plans to release seeds through banks.

6 Likes

I just wanted to clarify that it was cool with Doc. I am not surprised that he gave his blessing to do seed runs with his gear. He was by far the most helpful of any breeder and he answered every email in detail. Everything was so easy. My only regret is not finding out about him sooner.

I hope we can spread some love to the people who didnā€™t have the opportunity to buy directly from him and want to see what he is about. I am interested in hearing feedback over the next couple months to see if more people weigh in on their preferences.

10 Likes

Iā€™m strapped in for this ride.

4 Likes

Whatā€™s the problem are you seedlings damping off? If youā€™re starting in re-used soil make sure to sterilize it in the microwave or steamer, that was a game changer for me. I had like 10% survival in re-used soil until I started sterilizing my shit

6 Likes

Any of those sativa x afpak sound fire Iā€™d love to run those

3 Likes

Seems to be exactly my issue. I will give your suggestion a try vs the seedling mix Iā€™m going to make :pray:

7 Likes

i agree, and i regret not buying more of the af/pak crosses.

3 Likes

Itā€™ll change everything! I lost so many seeds last winter trying to figure out what was going on. Just make sure the soil is damp and then throw it in the microwave. I donā€™t have one so I have to use a steamer but itā€™s like magic. Havenā€™t seen any damping off since

5 Likes

Can even use the oven for sterilizing. I use it to sterilize my coco coir before I spawn to bulk for mycology. Silver foil turkey roasting tray and 350F for 120-140 minutes. Get the soil to field capacity with water before putting in oven.

6 Likes

Very interesting. I had big time problems with that and will have to try it. Do you know how long to hit it in the microwave for by chance? @Jubal_harshaw

1 Like

yea iā€™m totally with you @Knifeman, i wanted to make sure it was cool with him as well. so i had specifically asked him in the email correspondence for my last order with him what his feelings were on the overgrow community doing reproā€™s of his work. this was his responseā€¦

since weā€™re not trying to commercialize or monetize his work, i hope that he sees our endeavors in a positive light and iā€™m happy to run whatever the community is most interested in. also my intention was not to inundate overgrow (or the market) with so many doc d seeds that people wonā€™t feel the need to support the man again. i just wanna spread the doc d love to those who canā€™t or havenā€™t had access to his work.

@Dirtron (and anyone else) do you have a preference for the bh 3.0 or the bh 4.2? should we put it to a poll, since i donā€™t think we need to run both versions?.. unless again, there was a strong desire by the og community to run both bandaid hazes, but i havenā€™t gotten that feeling myself.

it seems like weā€™ll be doing a mix of doc d strains for this run, which would be great to have variety to offer people.

8 Likes

Not a clue. I pressure cook/ steam mine for 2 minutes plus the time it takes to heat up cause I donā€™t have a microwave. Maybe 1:30min in the microwave? Prob depends on how much youā€™re putting in at once. If you see steam coming out and almost burn yourself when you stick youā€™re finger in it Iā€™d say itā€™s good!

3 Likes

Make a ā€œBandaid Haze 12.6ā€ :wink:

:robot:

3 Likes

This probably wonā€™t get any traction but would anyone see any value in doing an afpak mashup? Like for instance a couple people do zang x afpak, maybe one or two on the Nigerian or whatever. Everyone runs at least a pack and picks the single best male and we mash it up at our own discretion? In that mashup weā€™d probably find a lot of long flowering heady affies which would be dope and then a good amount of sativa hybrids too with a mix of gene pools in there.

In any case even if we do a more traditional single strain increase, I feel like with multiple people running packs, we can individually be selective and cumulatively it will still be pretty open.

8 Likes

A pal is sending me a pack of Mothers Milk x TGE! If it was limited to 30 packs weā€™ve got nearly 10 percent of what was released right here!

15 Likes

I would be down for a run in December for sure, the packs that I have are

A5 HAZE/THAI BX CROSSES
-Bandaid Haze 4.2 quick trippy piffy X A5HTBX
-Black triangle x A5HTBX
-Deep dream space bud X A5HTBX
-Sour d x A5HTBX
-PiffS1 x A5HTBX
-CBH x A5HTBX
-Dragon Hammer x A5HTBX
-Santa cruz pure haze x A5HTBX

DRAGON ENERGY CROSSES
-black energy x DE(sounds super interesting as u said bx)
-twilight language x DE
-Black lime reserve x DE
-Gmo x DE
-Raspberry thunder (Goji razz x DE) Half pack

AF/PAK Crosses:
-Outer limits Sour d x aaaaaaaafpakk In aflac duck voice (9)
-chem91JB x Af/pak
-Mullum/oaxacan x af/pak

SENSI STAR F2:
-Magic bluegrass x sensi star f2
-Spellcaster no 10 x Sensi star f2 (10)

Other- Triangle kush x Lemon Thai f4

I am willing to f2 mostly anything. Would love to participate in sharing the love here!

17 Likes

Oooh dragon energy bx

7 Likes

I can only speak for myself, but I would love to have you participate in December.

4 Likes

Zang! x Afpak was fuckin awesome. I decided to skip the keeper and later hunt Zang! Combine that with the Afpak repro seeds I have and it could make a Zang! Afpak remix. Actually @nobodysnursery has a keeper Zang! Cut. Do you want these Afpak seeds? Lol

Goji Razz x Lemon Thai keeper cut is really interesting. Run it a bit dry and it stacks up large lemony pine razz nugs. A little more wet and it ends up smelling like metallic lemon raspberries. Tastes how it smells too. The razz notes actually coat the sinuses with a nose puckering acidic berry smell too. Its pretty awesome lol.

High is potent, stoney, yet present. Not couch locking. Focused, lower productivity but I still get shit done with it. Definitely my favorite find from the LT hunt.

17 Likes

Like your description on the goji razz I remember smoking something that sounds a lot like that years back in the lemon Thai Iā€™d grew.

4 Likes