Does anyone else use a custom co2 generator?

did somebody use custom co2 generator usually if the days are hot or want to encourage some faster growth do a personal co2 system for the plant i want it or just do a small bomb for the tent

before the co2

after the co2

all the leaves started pointing up

2 Likes

Tell us what is in your CO2 generator.

Looks simple enough!

99%

molasses warm water active yeast and dont close the cap completely because if not it will blow because of the gas is a time bomb lol so leave it there i use to shake it like every 2 or 3 days and discard when no see more bubbles coming out

1 Like

This is very simple.

I might give it a go.

Thank you @GreenCaciqueHawaii

How would a native Hawaiian say thank you?

99%

1 Like

Mahalo but i’m puerto rican so Muchas Gracias hehehee

2 Likes

FYI

5 Likes

Muchas Gracias amigo.

1 Like

Each 4g / l of sugar generates 1 atmosphere of CO2 pressure, so it is important not to cover the container because it could explode, once finished the fermentation with preparing another solution of water and sugar, mixing it with 1/4 of the initial preparation. to ferment since the yeasts are in suspension or in a state of latency, the only thing that could end up stopping that fermentation would be by a high amount of alcohol, 17gr / l generates 1º of Alcohol or 10gr / l Alcohol.

Just Brew beer in your grow… Boom killing two birds with one stone…err rather getting two birds stoned… Oh you get the idea

5 Likes

Only problem is the beer likes to ferment at a much colder temperature than the plants would like. Cider might be possible though. :beers:

2 Likes

Only if you use lager yeast. Ale yeast ferments warm-hot

3 Likes

Run your water heater exhaust into your grow room.

1 Like

It’s still not optimal, ale should ferment around 68-70°F. I usually use a temperature controlled fridge to maintain temperature and cold crash before kegging. Cider I’ve done at room temperature (70-75°F) in the winter before.

1 Like

“Why are we always taking the hit?”

1 Like

A few degrees higher isn’t going to produce much if any off esters in your beer.

i did something similar but i just poked a hole in the top of the cap. can also use 2 bottles to filter the co2 thru clean water. if i did it again i would use the 2 bottle method as i think it attracted bugs to my tent last time.

6 Likes

ok got it good to know

I did that for my aquarium a long time ago, not worth the hassle for the results.

this guy uses a couple DIY generators to raise the ppm from 918 to 2220.

purpose of the video though is to show the co2 levels are nearly identical at floor level (where the co2 is being released) and 12" off the floor.

3 Likes