Does purple matter?

Me and @schmarmpit both are diving into Bodhi Purple Unicorn f5s. Im not sure if his intentions are the same as mine but i bought this pack solely looking for purple buds. This is suposedly bodhis favorite purple strain and its supose to be a potent one too. True breeder for purple too. He did some crosses with an f3 dad and from my research and according to @Greenhighlander who tested some of the f3 crosses all the crosses produced potent purple phenos. Purple Unicorn is Chem d x blackberry widow if im not mistaken.

10 Likes

They have been the most purple and the most potent purple I have ever grown and have also yielded very nicely.

5 Likes

One of the best examples to me was when I grew killingfields by sannies 2 plants I lite green one a nice deep purple ! The purple was pretty and tasty but the green one was much stronger
I find this to carry over to any purple I’ve seen
Paps

3 Likes

My outdoor Romulan is still creamy white and just starting to firm up it will be my last plant to harvest .

4 Likes

I let the insides of my vanilla frosting last season turn almost black some folks loved it . If you like couch lock let them go .

2 Likes

Here is a pic of a current grow of Purple Unicorn f5 from a member at RIU. This is the kind of purple im looking for. True purple, not late flower/cold weather purple.

21 Likes

If its in its genes cold weather maybe only 65. Which was the lowest temp in my attic in the month of September. If I was able to get it down to 35-40 degrees at night its would be solid purple by week 4. Cold resistance is the benefit of gdp.

5 Likes

All of the best bud I’ve ever had has been green. I do love the plants that come from purple lines though.

7 Likes

Purple Buds Matter

6 Likes

I didn’t know she was purple till I got her real lighting. Built this strain for over a year.

15 Likes

You should make some seeds and share that beauty… lol. Can’t believe there hasn’t been a purple seed run!

1 Like

I have seed, I dont know how to share them. I’m new here.

5 Likes

That is a beautiful plant!

1 Like

Another way to turn bud purple is light toxicity. I had some Glookies and PK kolas that spent too much time in the sun so to speak (I ran out of headroom) and the sides of the bud facing the light was purple, the same bud on the shade side was perfectly typical for the strain as with the rest of the crop.

If you look reeealll close you can see that the main kola in the back right of the tent is candy striped green and purple as well as some others on the back left plant.

8 Likes

I ended up with 1 plant that turned purple, my temps never got to low was usually around 17-18C in dark and 21-21C in light . So far it seems like the purple random plant that I don’t know what the strain is , is the most potent of the 4 plants. This is just my personal experience so can’t really say much more. Got a few more random seeds hoping there’s another.

8 Likes

Just looks pretty, thats about it. Not knocking purple strains most that I’ve tried have been pretty good weed, nothing to write home about.

2 Likes

Well this place is full of strainaholics, myself included. All you need to to say you have seeds for trade or free. Also, this kind where we hang out :joy:

https://overgrow.com/c/trading-post/32

Free Seeds & Free Clones Thread

5 Likes

I’ll do that

3 Likes

share them my way <3

1 Like

I can do that

2 Likes