Does the true purple haze still exist?

Does the real purple haze still exist or is it only look alikes in circulation? This is something I wanted to lock away in the seed vault for a long time but everything I find doesn’t seam to fit the bill

3 Likes

I don’t have an answer but I’m definitely interested too if anyone else does.

1 Like

I was under the impression that purple haze was just the Original Haze purple phenos. I was not there, so I could very much be wrong. But if this was indeed the case there are definitely beans around.

5 Likes

I never knew the lineage when I’d get it back in the 90s but I would love to find seeds for that. Might not even be the original but that’s fine.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I will look into the original haze then

1 Like

Authentic Genetics carries original haze beans, I would also look into Old Timer’s Haze And Tom Hill’s Haze. Heard good things about old timers, more mixed about the Tom Hill’s. I think it all starts with the same stock, just different people working then over the years. Do a little searching here and some other places, there a good bit of info about these out there

3 Likes

Quite a bit of purple-ish weed has been sold as purple haze, so what you may think of as purple haze isn’t what it actually is.

An actual purple haze from the Oldtimer’s Haze stock would take 18 weeks or even longer. Very long tropical growth, probably not well defined buds.

Many haze hybrids readily purple. Bandaid Haze, for example, and finish in more reasonable 12-14 weeks.

3 Likes

I know. That’s what I’m trying to avoid. I want to make sure I track down true genetics not a new cross look alike.

I just looked into old timers haze and authentic genetics. The descriptions sound good do you know if they are legit?

Haven’t gotten to try the BA on its own, but currently running through some Xanadu(BAHaze#7xbubba), and of the 3 I grew out, the one that was much more haze dominant has been the favorite. Plan on picking some up from Doc D when the next batch is dropped, maybe some of the other stuff with the haze male as well.

Which versions of the BandAid have you grown or sampled? And have you had any of the other haze male stuff ?

1 Like

There are people here who are way more knowledgeable about that than me. I haven’t grown either yet, I’ve got some of the AG bean and can say that dealing with them was smooth and fast.

From what I’ve seen both look quality, but I have no idea if they fit what you may know or remember as purple haze.

1 Like

I have ran quite a bit of bandaid haze and related stuff. Check my old threads/posts, lots of pictures. Made some crosses, and an F2 with a purple female. BAH is a very interesting line not quite like anything else. At it’s best, it’s loud grandma’s soap, floral, musty purple haze.

5 Likes

Thanks! I will read through those.

Oh man, I remember smoking Purple Haze in Amsterdam in the late 90’s (maybe early 2000s?).
It was the first time I had smoked since the early 80s when we used to smoke whatever low grade brick we could get our hands on. Never had such amazing weed before.

I remember thinking,
“this can’t be real! I’ve never been so high. I love this!.. I also have no idea where I am or how to get back to my hotel room. I’m lost. What the fuck am I going to do now… oh! Snack shop! I’m hungry, let’s go buy chocolate…”

Good times!

Sorry. I went on a rant.
I don’t have any leads for old school PH. But will watch this thread with great interest.

4 Likes

Todd from Authentic Genetics is totally legit. I’ve bought several packs from him in the past.

3 Likes

Cool. I know I’ve caught a little bit on there, but it must have only been what was most recent. I’ll definitely do some digging.

1 Like

the purple haze Jimmy sang about wasnt pot

3 Likes

Just ask Owsley what Jimi was singing about…

1 Like

Just tried to order from ag but they only ship USA do you know of any seed banks that carry their stock and ship to Canada?

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.