Does this Yellowing look like Septoria or something similar?

Does this look like spetoria or another mold/fungus/disease?

My grow in the same spot last year came down with Spetoria.

I tilled the soil several times last fall and this spring. I laid mulch, and recently treated the area with Hydrogen peroxide/water solution. The plants wewree doing great until they started getting huge. It is possible they were under fe because I wasn’t feeding them regiularly.

So, does this yellowing look normal?

13 Likes

How much peroxide did you use? If in great quantity it kills all the beneficial microbes that help feeding the plant. It might just be hungry and taking nutes from the lower leaves.

Anyway, plants look great, wish that was my garden … beer3|nullxnull

9 Likes

Maybe hungry ,or a big dryback

3 Likes

They look pretty healthy and robust to me, lower inner leaves that don’t get hit directly with light can yellow and die. The yellowing leaves don’t look like septoria to me

8 Likes

I mixed 2 cups with 1 gallon of water. About 4 gallons totalspread around the grow area, about 9 x 4 foor region.

I used the peroxide after they started yellowing, though. .

2 Likes

Sweet! Thanks!

Thanks! That’s what I thought.

1 Like

Septoria will usually present with brown spots as well as the yellowing from the ground up, it’s most notable for the speed it takes hold. One day you are wondering if you have septoria, the next you generally know, especially if it’s been raining. It needs water splash from the ground to get ahold.

4 Likes

Septoria may be endogenous to your region, or still in your yard, if so you may have problems again. Since you may be at risk you may want to consider treating the plants and surrounding soil? Wettable sulfur is wonderful if the plants aren’t flowering yet… but only if the plants aren’t flowering yet. I would blast them and all the surrounding area and other plants with this fungicide, it is the only additive I use religiously and it fights septoria among a long list of other problems… and can even be applied during flower if necessary. It contains the same active ingredient as hydroguard at a much cheaper price point… better safe than sorry!

4 Likes

Also a fresh and well kept mulching, the removal/trimming of the lowest leaves/branches to keep it bit off the ground and the removal of fallen leaves all will go a long way towards breaking the cycle.
That said, I don’t think it’s septoria lol.

4 Likes

feed the plant.
yellowing in lower leaves starting is nitrogen deficiency imo🙂

2 Likes

to add to what basildash said, here’s a piece from the wiki on septoria cannabis:

Nitrogen deficient cannabis plants are more susceptible to being infected. Though Septoria destroys vegetative growth it has little to no impact on the formation of buds.

So definitely time to start peeing in your watering can. If not for the plant’s need, then for it’s protection.

3 Likes

I agree that it doesn’t look like septoria, those proportions of peroxide may be too high and might have killed the microbiota, this is the reference I’ve got:

Adding mulching as it’s been said and compost may repopulate them and help feeding the hungry plant … beer3|nullxnull

4 Likes

I’m with @slain here. I make a habit of clearing all leaves on the bottom 12" or so of the plant. Good airflow will help any overly damp conditions which can lead to problems if left too thick.

Those plants are so mature that you’ll probably start getting flowering in the next few weeks. They also look somewhat confined in that fenced area and may not be getting really good air flow, so cleaning off all leaves on the bottom foot of the plant can only help.

They look beautiful! Best vibes on the flowering! peace

8 Likes

They look fine to me. My plants are yellowing worse than that :+1:

I’d rip off the affected leaves but only because I don’t like to look at them.

8 Likes

No N deficiency :man_facepalming: (only old/lower leaves affected, plenty N above)

Possible over watering & you’re heading into flower.

Not Septoria – Septoria presents spots that go from yellow to brown on top, gray to black on the underside of leaves. Also affects leaf edges.

Just hold off on watering a bit & clear-cut/defoliate 2’ from the soil to get air under there.

:call_me_hand:

:evergreen_tree: or Sepultura :guitar:

8 Likes

Thanks, Gman!
While the photo does manipulate the appearance making it look slightly more cramped than it is, I often worry about airflow because fence pretty much blocks the wind. Last year when the buds started getting on the large side, I put fans around them on oscilate LOL. I had fans out there for like 2 months.

My grow last year was delayed, so the plants were still maturing into mid November. I’m pretty sure I got that problem beat this year.

3 Likes

That’s hilarious! I would’ve cut them but I’ve been busy and wasn’t sure if if they were a problem. If I thought they were a problem I would’ve made time.

Between those plants, my indoor setup, and cloning, it’s like working 2 jobs. I really enjoy growing, though.

Here is thew indoor plant.

20230708_205539

20230708_205534

9 Likes

They look like some awesome plants. May be the air flow and added micobs like they are saying.

:green_heart: :seedling:

4 Likes

I scrubbed the bushes and mulch area. Thought I wouldpost after pics.

11 Likes