Does this Yellowing look like Septoria or something similar?

I like your style. :sunglasses: :metal:

9 Likes

Very nice cleanup job! Those beasts are going to kick down, big time

4 Likes

Thanks @herojuana.tom .
I figured I would trim any ower/under growth that wasnā€™t really going to yield anything., and drive growth out of the canopy. Iā€™ll stake them wheb they start to get top heavy.

5 Likes

That sounds like a winning plan, I canā€™t wait to see how they yield! :v:

2 Likes

Perfect brother, going to save you from having to trim the lower branch larf as wellšŸ‘

Bravo :clap:

Like a skirt with no panties

:sunglasses:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Is definitely not septoria. Iā€™m dealing with a large scale septoria infection now.
Septoria can be identified by a ā€˜haloā€™ around the spots. Looks like thisā€¦

8 Likes

Got thrashed hard by septoria early on in my season
Hereā€™s my findings:
Itā€™s easier to chop and burn and start over fresh than to fight it and end up with sub par bud .

1 Like

Sorry I canā€™t :heart: that. Lol. Iā€™ve taken off all infected leaves, also fighting aphids, so I have my hands full. What started out to be a hard year just got harder as it went along. Iā€™m still vegging so thereā€™s hope. If I scrap it all,. as Iā€™m an outside growers my seasons done.
One thing I learned is that sepatoria can infect your seeds, so it makes me wonder if any of the seed I got was infected and it just started to spreadā€¦

4 Likes

I thought I had septorias lasr year. I coiuildnā€™t beat it. I thtink hydrogen peroxide wouldā€™ve taken care of it, but I found out too late.

1 Like

Try hydrogen peroxide in a gareden sprayer.
I used a bunch of chemicals that was supposed to kill what it and nothing stopped it. Shit was terrible to deal with.
I harvested the bud, but it affected the quality.

2 Likes

From my research, you really need a copper based sulfate. Neem oil is also suggested but both of these only in veg stageā€¦if I canā€™t wipe it out before the flowering starts, itā€™s prob a wrap. I ordered some copper bio whatsathimgamabob, also some Safer soap for aphid control, and my large yellow sticky pads. They worked awesome last year did not see aphids til the fall. I switched to the smaller ones this year and they suck, back to big ones.

If they are not in flower copper oxychloride or potassium chloride can be used, or the other option is a product called Serenade which contains bacteria that feed on fungi.

I had a major infestation of it a while back and the copper along with lower branch pruning did the trick.

1 Like

Darn it I got Captain Jacks.Copper fungicide from Flamazon

Bonide Captain Jackā€™s Copper Fungicide for Insects, 16 oz Concentrated Plant Disease Control Solution for Organic Gardening https://a.co/d/iuE5Zue
Hope it works as good. Should be here tomorrowā€¦

1 Like

That should be effective, also be sure to remove any leaves on the ground, maybe mulching too. Itā€™s a bitch but it is controllable if you get onto it quickly. Spray the ground around them out to the width of the canopy also. Could even add some Sulfur based fungicide to treat the ground. I also used neem; just make sure to do it late in the afternoon, it is phytotoxic and will hammer the plants if applied when itā€™s sunny.

1 Like

I personally wouldnā€™t sweat it, in the end, think youā€™ll still be pretty good. I had it real bad last year, fought it from onset to harvest, and didnā€™t win. It didnā€™t affect bud formation or buds one bit, could my harvest have been better?? Yes, but I still managed to get 4 1/2#ā€™s of Blueberry Muffin when it was all harvested.
I think your plants are far enough along, youā€™ve ordered something to hopefully help fight it off, but still think youā€™ll have a pretty good harvest out of that beast.

2 Likes

It does seem that some plants are more susceptible than others ā€¦The Beast and other Lennon SkyWalker appear to not be as affected, along with a couple other plants. Some plants have been whacked down to Charlie Brown Xmas tree status. Couple stalks or branches and a few scraggly leaves. The Beast is just like, ā€˜mehā€™ the Sour D looks like something my lawnmower would accidently spit out.
I have not watered them in a couple days, as I want the soil to really dry out, today Iā€™ll feed and juice them. They should soak it up.
Q: What would you recommend as use for mulching?

Whatā€™s the formula? This for septoria or aphids?

Yeah, you can accurately identify septoria by the ā€˜haloā€™ around the spots.

Septoria begins with spots that look like calcium deficiency, but then holes form as it eats through the leaf.

These pics you posted look like its just hungry.
Apply some gypsum with your N.

2 Likes