Does this Yellowing look like Septoria or something similar?

I use washed seaweed mostly atm but I’m near a beach to collect it so otherwise coco chips are good and are easy enough to get. It’s basically anything that will make a barrier to stop the water dripping off the plant and splashing the spores off the ground onto the lowest leaves.

What about sand? Or brook stones? And the soil should be sprayed right?

I used copper based treatment, didn’t work. You can see in the image I posted, they were in flowering.
I still got there harvest, but it was not as good as it could be.

It does the job, but taste is very harsh and not pleasant to smoke. i got like 6 1 gallon jars of bud from that harvest. I give it away to anyone that can use it.

I did what I could find out would help.

1. I tilled the soil several times in the spring and last fall. I think I tilled it 7-8 times all together., I read tilling it will help get rid of the fungus
  2. I have a layer of mulch over the soil this year.
  3. I treated the area with soil in the area with hydrogen peroxide
  4. I’ve been treating it with positive microbes that eat fungus spores
  5. I’ve cut all vegetation below 2 foot so no splashes get onto the leaves

I’m pretty sure Hydrogen peropxide kills all the fungus, but it also kills positive microbeds.

I was feeding regularly with Fox Farm.

2 Likes

Pretty sure that you’re not supposed to use copper based anything during flower, only during veg, which I’m in. And I will definitely take your advice about the tilling and mulch, and spraying the soil
Just doing some major chopping seems to have helped a lot. Thanks for your input, definitely helpful .

2 Likes

I think it wasn’t septoria what you had, maybe that would explain failing to fight it, check out this thread … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

I take it you think the problem I had was a deficiency. Is that correct? I mix the soil with bone meal & blodd meal.

The grow last year went into December. I had to cut the plants down it was so cold out. It kind of makes sense it was a deficiency since they were well into flowering,.

I’m very scared of having the same problem this year.

1 Like

Right, any deficiency is easier to treat than septoria, hope this year you will know what to look for… beer3|nullxnull

3 Likes

I had a storm come through and shake the plants up a bit. I got them doctored up and supported enough for now until budding starts.

Steill coming along OK so far. One of them is alreaday starting to bud.

4 Likes

Septoria would have black or brown spots.

1 Like

There’s also a yellow septoria…beer3|nullxnull

3 Likes

Aka Sneaky septoria :joy:

3 Likes

That slope will definitely help “air drainage” :+1: Cool air won’t stagnate.

:evergreen_tree:

Th twon plants on the right have momved along quickly flowering. The buds are becoming prminent and I can already see tric homes on the buds.

The one on the bottom left has also started flowring.

I started the 3 plants that are flowing on Tiger Bloom. I feed 3 tablespoons 2-3 tims a week, I added seaweed the past 3 weeks.

The one on the top left hasn’t started flowering yet. I’m still feeding that one Fox Farm Grow Big, 3 tablespoons 2-3 times a week.

3 Likes

These are now well into flowering.

I’m trying to figure out the yellowing I’m getting.

Does this look like nitrogen deficiency? I get confused at flowering time. Some sources say no nitrogen. Some say to give them nitrogen.

I was thinking these are so big, they’ve used up all the nitrogen. They’ve grown a lot in the past several weeks.

Do you all think this is normaly yellowing or a deficiency?

1 Like

Well when you trim heavily you’re depleting the nutrients reserve the plant has in the lower leaves, apparently she is now taking them from the remaining lowers …

Maybe the soil is now poor and she’s starting to be hungry, not only for Nitrogen. These are my thoughts but wait for more opinions before doing nothing … beer3|nullxnull

3 Likes

Treating the soil with hydrogen peroxide keeps Septoria spores away, tilling also makes Septoria go away faster.

Get rid of damaged leaves, continue with hydrogen peroxide where rain splashes the soil onto the plant.

Don’t plant in the same spot until after 1 year if you see the problem exist.

Clean leaves around base, throw all leaves in a water bucket then close a lid on it.

It should be fine in no time. Add some chelated iron first sign on yellowing issues.

Disease plants mix Hydrogen peroxide and Fertilome chelated iron and spray the foliage and feed the roots with it. Till it recovers.

2 Likes

I see, I think Hydrogen peroxide kills all the microbes, beneficial or not, going organics he would have to repopulate them with a tea or similar, do you think it has yellow septoria? icon_e_confused|nullxnull

3 Likes

Check the ph level. Need to know where it’s at. Could be pushing Alkaline

Not all beneficial, there may not be many to begin with.
If the spores of Septoria appear than for sure the soil needs treated with something. If you can’t treat it then till will help you get rid of Septoria.

I’m afraid we’re coming into the age of overwintering and those who don’t want Septoria will have to play their part in control.

Rust fungus was announced as a epidemic last year, this year its Septoria. I’m seeing it everywhere this year where humidity exist.

Regalia is a good choice I hear by many. I think its made from the knotweed plant. They grow wild in my state. I may go collect some soon and make my own Regalia