Doubt about CBD Flowers

Hello OG friends
I’m working with a CBD Brand and we got some CBD and CBG flowers. All the seeds were bought as certificate strain of CBD (<0,2%THC) called Goddess Haze.
I have seen some differents COA and show THCa and Delta-9-THC separeted because it’s different things how it works in our body, but the lab we did our COA just gived us the % of Delta-9-THC as 0,5%, no THCa.
So I’m wondering if the CBD strain can produces more Delta-9-THC depending how you grow or some external environment? In this case an increase of 0,3%.
Thanks mates

4 Likes

The first contact with CBD test I had in my life I guess it was in the topic from @ReikoX, maybe he can have some info about it… (Testing cbd and thc at home - #5 by ReikoX)
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Curious as well about this and all of CBD in general as of late. I’ve been planning on doing a small study to see about increasing the percentiles in the future as I’ve had many a long discussion about CBD in general with many a great cultivator/breeder .

3 Likes

I think the main problem of @ciclocannabico is not to increase CBD, but if the THC was increased far than the specification of the breeder because any external factor like environment, weather and others… and how to guarantee the THC will not bigger than 0.2%… in Brazil its the limit to products from cannabis… but recently I saw a news what said one product with more than 0.2% was approved by ANVISA, the governamental organisation which decide about the theme in Brazil.

But the context of @ciclocannabico is Europe and I think the problem is the same… But we are all interested too in how to increase CDB… just clearing the question… I meet @ciclocannabico in real life and we was discussing about the theme early in the morning.

2 Likes

It may have been the type of analysis they did. If they did a GC, they would have to heat the sample past the decarboxylation temperature so they couldn’t test the THCA.

If they did a HPLC, however, they should have been able to detect THCA as well as CBDA. Often they will report THC based on a formula, something like THCA * 0.85.

5 Likes

Many CBD strains can go over 0.3%. Usually the factors are how long it was grown and/or stress factors to make the THC expression higher.

Lots of CBD producers have to cut their plants early and try to keep their health on an even path as to not cause too much stress and make them too hot for 2018 farm bill compliance.

There are loopholes and variables state to state though of course when it comes to what they will allow.

4 Likes

Yes that’s my problem @LionsNaughtyBeans . The problem is that if our flower is more than 0,2% THC it’s not legal to sell.

@TopShelfTrees1 I think to increase CBD in general is like we did to increase THC. Years and years of crossing strain. I really wanna grow some strains with THC and CBD to see how it goes

2 Likes

@ReikoX I’m go foward of the type of analysis they did. It makes tottally sense if they did the GC test.

So just to take out my doubt about the grow, probably this refer more about the type of test than the strain incresead THC level during growing, right?

got it @bassman5420 . so the stress can make thc expression higher. im gonna talk to the farmer and see how they did the harvest.

yes, each country here in Europe allow differents things about the whole plant.

1 Like

Guess I did not realize you were in Europe, very cool!

1 Like

If you are in Europe you might be able to send a sample to Fundación Canna in Spain. I have seen test results on seed vendor sites like ACE Seeds etc. a lot so I assume they are good but affordable. They do HPLC. See a random ACE strain page for a result, like here.

3 Likes

Sounds like you are over regardless of the type if test.

1 Like

I have heard this is the work around, test small samples while growing.
When thc gets near the limit, harvest now.
Even early if you have to, that is what I have heard is being done.
Good luck.

2 Likes

thanks for the info mates.
lets see how it works