Dry and cure

Outta likes, and yep, that’s me emoji style!

2 Likes

So I’m guessing early to mid 40s? Lol.

3 Likes

Damn youthful hipsters and their attraction to elaborate facial hair…

1 Like

Maybe years down the road, I’m gonna wing it

The first 3 are the ones I really want to be done right. The reason behind this outdoor topic. The other pictures are what I have growing next to the dense. This is growing like my very first plant but way taller, and I’m trying LST for the first time. These were germinated 4 days after the dense one, same bag but it’s a mix bag so who knows. I know I have too many plants in one pot, but these are more of a "if they work, cool, if not, I’ve gotten lots of tracked data to learn from.

8 Likes

They’re all doing fine, you’re going to have a decent harvest when finished for all your hardwork. Just remember patience is key to premium smoke, especially when dealing with soil and outdoors. Indoor growers have it easier and quicker, especially hydro.

1 Like

I got to tell you, the hardest work I do for them is read and learn while lounging or pooping ha. I’m learning the patience, always been problem since birth.

Definitely closer to mid 40s than early… And closer ain’t necessarily close!

Haha, it’s ok old man … I’m there too.

Get a couple of these, very accurate and look for them on *bay, much less expensive. Paper bags until desired humidity, then into jars, bags etc. Good luck!

3 Likes

My loupe came in today, I checked the dense plant, definitely got some time left. Most trichomes are still clear. I have to go out of state soon and I’m kinda nervous about missing prime time harvesting. I just got to trust the process and let it be.

3 Likes

My dryer seems to be working well. I had a grass smell for 2 days and now it’s bringing out the bud aroma. Pretty excited

1 Like

![20240517_195234|231x500] (upload://qa2dVPkPsO79FsbQ90rffDr6Cjs.jpeg) I pulled the root system from my harvested mini plant. Pretty interesting… These are today’s photos of my outdoor. I checked the trichomes on the dense plant and they are clouding up. I’m probably going to harvest Sunday.

6 Likes

Kinda a lot of factors.
I am old so it’s old way for me.

First it’s seasons.
Winter is dry so i hang and keep check on stems
When they sorta Crack and buds feel crisp
I put in jars loosely and don’t cap for another
Few weeks.

In summer in.NC humidity can take more time
And cause issues.
So hang inside, have a box fan blowing not on.them
But that direction and keep track of stems.
When i can roll a.joint and it burns well into the.jars
They go but still won’t cap them.
I have had herb that burns well, seems dry
Go stinky smelling if lids are on to quick.
I keep my jars in front of me smoking out of them
Sometimes for weeks before I lid them.
They make packets I’m told that would help me a lot but old dogs hate new tricks lol

2 Likes

Not a bad idea, jar them up but don’t cap. I think I’ll try that with this test run. I’m ready to jar one plant and ready to harvest another.

You can close them once properly dry, just be sure and burp the jars every once in awhile afterwards. Or try his way with one jar and do it the regular way with the other, then see which you prefer. Everyone has their own method of doing things after awhile, you’ll learn yours as you go.

1 Like

Only with y’all’s help. Much appreciated

I have harvested the subject plant. Trichomes were milky and some were getting amber. I now have it hanging full plant in my closet. The test buds I had on my makeshift dryer had a nice snap to it, so I rolled them around in my fingers a bit to make the leaves fall off, that cleaned them up nice. The wet trimmed and individualized buds dried for 6 days. The two small piles are (closer to viewer ) shake and then the actual buds. The buds smell great, no grass or hay smell. Got a bandits breath smell

8 Likes

Congrats on the harvest, let me know your final yield when finished. If you can keep any around long enough :laughing:
K+

1 Like

Guess I need a scale ha. Is it weird that I miss seeing the plant in the backyard?