Dry herb vaporizer...Who uses them?

Been using a vaporizer exclusively for some 5-6 years now, since I quit tobacco. Only smoke j’s when I’m away from home and someone rolls one. I’ve had a Davinci Ascent that has held up great - no problems whatsoever, completely reliable, good battery life even after all those years. Great taste and smoothness since glass-only vapor path. The smoke production could be better, but I get totally baked anyway, so honestly, it’s good enough…

Only lately has the plastic and rubber on the body started degrading a bit, so I am looking for a replacement. I’ve been looking at Mighty, but atm, I am most interested in Plenty. 99,5% of my smoking is before sleeping at home, so the cord is not that much of a downside… Volcanos are great, I’ve tried it a few times, but I find the bags annoying and the unit itself too big/prominent to be featured in a family living room :sweat_smile:. Plenty seems like the best option!

4 Likes

I’m an Extreme Q user myself. I love it, especially with a DDavemod…
and a whip attachment. I use small amounts… maybe .15-.2 grams at
time and get pretty stoned while staying conservative.

It sits on a table next to my desk which is where I spent the majority of my time.
It pretty much stays on all day long and I can take quick rips whenever I want…

Lastly AVB is the bomb! I love making butter with it or putting some on some peanut
butter toast… Gets you nice and stoned.

:smiley: vapes are awesome.

3 Likes

Which whip attachment did you use?
I went Gear, I love it. Did the D Dave mod as well. :sunglasses: :+1:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

DDave actually sells kits, that include tubing/whip attachment in different sizes.
I guess I never had a reason to look into other whip attachments or setups since
the kit he sells has everything you could want.

I love it.

1 Like

I wish I d gotten a plenty.
I bought a dam minivape and hate the fking piece ofsht

I have an extreme Q. I dont use it a lot, but I did see some posts online saying these mods make it better.

EDIT: now that I see some of the posts towards the bottom, this was already mentioned. my bad :s

I had a Plenty…could not get any clouds from it. Gave it away. Have used a Volcano. Good clouds. The bags are not that much bother but price is ridiculous. I have an Extreme Q and it works well.

3 Likes

I’m thinking about picking the pax 3 up before the new year does anyone have that one? I’ve been reading alot of reviews and watched alot on it on YouTube. The reason I am leaning towards it is the battery life and how small it is but still seems very powerful, I am happy with my desktop which is the extreme Q but the portable i had Vapium summit + i don’t care for, my girlfriend actually claimed that one as her own, works for her she doesn’t smoke often.

1 Like

I love my crafty+ but I will have to learn to replace its battery soon as it has stopped holding charge and I have to keep it plugged in to use it now but I never used it outside my apartment either way to need it to be battery operated to begin with. I love how small and personal it feels while you have been hitting it over a full session (my bowls can last 20 minutes easy it hits so hard when I have it fully smashed full with upwards of a gram of cbd bud - I can’t use more then about a tenth of a gram of thc bud at once it hits so hard) and it hits your mind into outer space… they might as well call it the comfort+ it’s so tidy and unintrusive but it’s also a bit cheaply made from plastic as well. It’s got a feeling of efficiency for sure.

3 Likes

I tried a dynavap out, I think it would be great for camping but I hate how small the bowl is and how hard it is to get a big pull from it.

I ended up a week later buying a Mighty on the black friday deal, and am in love. Massive rips, bowl big enough for more than I could want in a single session, and having dual 18650s it seems to run forever.

I love the little steel “dosing capsules” you can use in it, keeps it so clean!

7 Likes

Yeah I showed the Plenty to my s.o. and got a big hard NO. She just doesn’t appreciate the aesthetics. Can’t say I blame her, but effect is more important to me. Maybe I’d fight her on this or just got it for my own use, but I read a few oppinions like yours and changed my mind anyway. Atm I’m leaning towards Mighty again…

That’s interesting, Dynavap is supposed to produce big hits. Just not many of them, which is understandable considering the bowl size. People agree that there is a learning curve to it though, do you think it’s possible that you would improve your results if you stuck with it?

Then again, never read anything bad about Mighty, so…

3 Likes

The device must have been defective or maybe you were not using right? Just for others benefit, the Plenty gets huge clouds. I have to turn it down as the clouds get to thick and it burns my throat from excessive vapour, not the heat. I am not speaking as someone who can not handle vapour or is mislead about clouds cos I dab 99% of the time so big clouds are important.

and yes, they look really ugly :laughing:

Having said all this, I think most people find the Plenty to be to in the middle. Most would prefer to have a Volcano or Mighty. The mighty is properly portable and the Volcano is properly Desktop. The Plenty cant make up its mind. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like the look of a plenty

2 Likes

Just an update on the Plenty. I have seen that there seems to be a fault that occurs in some of them after a couple of years of use. It stops them heating properly. My mates has just started doing it too. This could be a similar fault to what affected @Herbie.

Here is a link to a site where they are troubleshooting the issue and how to fix it for anyone who comes across it:

Having said this, my mate did drop his some time prior to it starting to fail so I should probably include that variable. May have nothing to do with it.

2 Likes

My Mighty doesn’t produce much vapor to exhale on the first hit but it still hits you in the head like a ball peen hammer.

Blessings…

:cowboy_hat_face::mask:

1 Like

@oleskool830 “but it still hits you in the head like a ball peen hammer.”

nothing like a ball peen hammer :slight_smile: eh?

2 Likes

I bought a pax 3 because I remember liking the original pax

but because of how small it is it gets clogged pretty fast and u have to stir & re pack the bowl after a few hits, kind of annoying.

I’ve seen enail attachments for dry herb vaping in pictures, but I when I looked online the shops I couldn’t find anything, anyone got a link for something like this?

2 Likes

That’s the best toke of the session. Tastiest too.

2 Likes

I use one ,the first heat up is all flavor the second heat and others is where I get the big hits I hold it in heat just for a brief moment longer I get a good 3-4 good size hits that get me ripped!

1 Like

I probably do suck at it, I used the dynavap a lot over a couple of weeks and could get some solid rips off if I torched it for like 2 seconds past click. I most likely need more practice, I also am not a “brown weed” vaper so I really only like 2 hits off it and then I’d prefer to repack, that’s work for a lazy man like myself.

3 Likes