Durban Poison x Red Cherry Berry - Ebb&Flow

Hello friends,
I forgot my old thread and did not update it. I already finished my previous cycle and everything went well, follow here the Instagram link that I created and there have all the updates https://instagram.com/stripsgrow
I’m starting a new cycle since the seed, my previous cycle was from clones. for now I have chose seeds that were sent by the @cannabissequoia in the seed donation on Dec. 18.
I’m going to use the cross of Red Cherry Berry (male) x Durban Poison (female).
my grow is a hydroponic EBB & Flow (or Flood and Drain for some people).
These little sacks teabags is my “rocky DIY cubes” hahahhha I used soil, humus and perlite to make them. my plans is choose the 6 best females to bloom using 300w solstrips and 1m2 area, I was thinking of picking up 2 more X2 strips with 2700k color temp only to use in bloom but I’m not sure about that yet.

26 Likes

Very crafty way to start some seeds I must say, I’ve never seen anyone do that before. :thumbsup:

I don’t know how or why but the correct way to list is Female x Male, just a headsup to avoid any confusion in the future. Also that way you don’t have to specify which is f and m.

8 Likes

:mega: :skull_crossbones: :cherries:

Very cool! I was just checking my 2 DPxRCB moments ago; They’re getting BIG fast so you’ll want to consider pruning/training-- I suspect a healthy stretch when flowering(maybe 200%+).

@paintedfire420 I got lucky! :smile: The Mama was African & the Daddy a Cali-Holland mix. :wink:

:thumbsup: Can’t wait to smoke & see yours too! :fire:

:evergreen_tree:

7 Likes

Good start! :+1: I will follow this thread with great envy … :grin:

8 Likes

Nice infos bro, I wanna get maximum yield that I can harvest. do you know if anyone has infos about her in hidroponic system? will be my second round using Ebb&Flow and I dont wanna kill her on overfert hahaha. I’ve 1,60 meters to her grow, I think that she can stretch a bit :wink:

2 Likes

Well, this is a first-time hybrid using plants I ran once or twice so it’s still a guessing game at this point. (Because of that aspect maybe prepare in advance to clone a cutting of the best female for further experimentation). Also, I’ve never grown anything hydroponic, except an experiment with transplanting a soil plant into a bucket of water. :grin:

I would feed at a standard/safe rate until you see a deficiency or excess. The Durban Poison was a dispensary clone from Sonoma, Calif. & the Red Cherry Berry male was from gifted bagseed, possible S1s. I grew out the females & saw about 90% consisitency with a single runt out of 10 being a “mint” pheno lacking any cherry flavor or red color. The male was a vigorous & cherry smelling guy with moderate to glood flowers. It’s a Barney’s Farm strain without much info out there about parentage-- I would love to know. For guessing purposes, I’d say it’s an old Purple of some kind with :cherries: AK47 but it’s a wild guess.

The DP did not like cold temperatures-- it took off :rocket: in the heat & grew large, yielding well & flowering for the advertised 11-12wks. Real Sativa. It had an orangey rubbery smell & a racy high. I did 3 hours of yardwork without stopping after my first test-smoke & then realized… “Damn! Laundry Weed!” :sweat_smile: It was a fairly modest nutrient consumer & can burn.

The RCB females took a LOT of nutrient safely but did just fine with lower feed. They really expressed best under cooler temperatures…with my summer heat & low humidity taking away some terpenes. They’re medium sized & bush shaped(whereas the Durban is ‘leggy’ or viney) The high was a gentle but strong enough Indica…not a face-slapping, hammer to the head. It’s flavor & bud structure would be the best traits. It was the easiest trim-job I ever had because so much was smokeable…manicuring would be a pointless waste! :tongue:

:thumbsup:

7 Likes

I am very grateful for your excellent explanation in detail of her parents. I will do my best and try to record the step by step of this cycle and also try to keep one of them as a mother, I helped some friends and gave some seeds and germinated all seeds of this strain that I have left.

1 Like

Day 4
Only 7 survived hehe

7 Likes

Looks like a killer strain…Durban looks awesome, all around…Thanks for another grow to watch. :slight_smile:

K.

3 Likes

:zap:

Love me some South African Sativa… I have a Mozambiquen Sativa (Malberry Seed Co.)growing right now. From Lake Malawi area in Mozambique.
Sposed to be 100% pure, we’ll see. they have a 11-12 week flower on it. Hoping its a female obviously, but if its a male, imma hit it up against some other stuff to add some electricity:zap::zap:
Love that electric sativa buzz. some dont, I enjoy it. like u said, working weed!
Gonna force-flower it outside here soon, as soon as it ever warms up!!

G/L leuh 13

5 Likes

I set up my system correctly today, now I have to wait and be happy hahahhaha.
I used 10ml silica + 10ml GH Flora Micro + 20ml GH Flora Bloom
Ph 5,7 (+/-)
EC 0,54

15 Likes

@MadScientist Keep an eye on this guy, will ya? :smile:

My hydro experience is NIL. :blush:

7 Likes

If you put bottles full of clay but without plants between the ones with plants they will act to both hold the others up and reduce the amount of time it takes to fill the tray when you flood it.
This looks like a nice little system.
Keep smiling

8 Likes

Yea, I know but now I don’t have more empty bottles :sweat:
this is my 2nd round using this system. 1st was training but now I’ll do it serious.
you can see my last round on www.instagram.com/stripsgrow

3 Likes

a week complete after my system started to work, I think that all is running good.

EC stabilized 0.59 - PH 5,7 (+/-)

13 Likes

I made some adjustments because the water was not reaching up to the roots and this was disturbing the growth. now after a few days she started to stretch faster :tada: :hugging:
you can see difference from the photos taken 3 days ago that I posted here :point_up_2:

10 Likes

Only one ladie didn’t start to strecht :cry:

12 Likes

It looks like theres some algae forming down in the tray-- ask the hydro-OGers but I think you want to get rid of it, manually clean with peroxide maybe?

hydrOGers? @MadScientist ?

4 Likes

Exactly, need to clean the res once or twice a week.

Peroxide is the way to do it.

Cool.

6 Likes

yea, 1x once a week I wash my tray but I didn’t had time to clean on last week hehehe :sweat_smile:

4 Likes