Dutchie anyone? Greandal goes to Friesland

5 above ground

I expect the rest soon, they look pretty peppy for being 7 years old. This isn’t surprising.

27 Likes

Just smoked some Friesland this morning. I grew them outdoors this season. They finished early september at 42 N. Great wake and bake weed with an amazing sweet pine with just a hint of citrus taste. Good luck to you @GREANDAL with your grow!

Dried bud from pink pistil pheno…my favorite!

Pink pistil pheno in late August

30 Likes

Well humiliation is my predictable reward for excessive confidence! LOL

Though five blew out of the gate they all sprouted and within a few days died. Within hours of each other. Lacking for nothing they didn’t take hold. The other five have not broken soil and by now won’t. Post mortem to come.

Scheiß passiert… fear not, I’ve ordered more and Angus is pretty q(k)uick.

My apologies everyone and you especially @PineTarBastard.

10 Likes

Scheiß happens :sweat_smile:, perhaps they were too old and with lack of vigour cansaooo|nullxnull, wasn’t your fault, better luck in next batch … beer3|nullxnull

5 Likes

It happens to more than a few of us. Its just the nature of the game, but its good to hear you can get more and try again.

I think thise kind of situations should be expected from time to time, it only really hurts when you cant replace the genes

5 Likes

The fact every one behaved identically suggests lack of vigor to me, along with age. The deployment of the root etc. is basically a mechanical function once it starts, whether they grab the soil or not however is down to vigor.

As a grower of things I assume responsibility unless I have evidence otherwise. lol

7 Likes

Thanks for breaking the Ice. See all the activity and searching on Freisland now. Nice try and awesome stuff @GREANDAL

2 Likes

Has something changed? This has been around for 30 years! LOL

Thank you :blush:

1 Like

Thats simply an strange / exotic strain, that I don’t recall making its way into Small-town Ontario G
Things have now changed, I’m all ears !

3 Likes

Anytime this happened to me it was because of damping off.

2 Likes

Certainly a possibility. They didn’t look like that at all but perhaps.

2 Likes

@GREANDAL if more seeds are needed hit me up, I can spare a few.

5 Likes

Much appreciated @SHSC-1 if my order doesn’t show up in a week I might take you up on that kind offer!

1 Like

sorry to hear that happened @GREANDAL !

your thread earlier got me on the nostalgia strain, found someone in Quebec with feminized m39, debating getting a pack and seeing what can happen when shown some tlc, only ever had it in terrible commercial quality before.

https://quebeccannabisseeds.com/all/m-39-cannabis-seeds

5 Likes

I’ve grown these out before. Not the greatest smoke in the world, but it finishes crazy quick with nice dense buds. :v:

3 Likes

Nice! I started looking for that myself after you mentioned it earlier. Hadn’t found this.

1 Like

Yes to all that. I think it might be a breeding tool for folks at my latitude or someone like @slain who has a challenging climate for Indica.

3 Likes

Definitely a good breeding tool, and a great strain for someone that just needs a fast flowering cultivar. I’m north of the 45th, so always looking for fast full season outdoor strains. :v:

2 Likes

Hey what breeders have a good representative of Friesland/M33?

1 Like

I think… these are the ones to get in the link above.
I will reach out to the source of my seeds and see where they were dropped. I want to say realseedco who offers friesland/m33 IBL as 5 seed freebie packs with purchases of certain strains.

9 Likes