Eagles' Nest

Right on, I have no clue what ppm I have given these things. I went off a veg feed chart for the dyna gro and the 321 is what it is. I’m starting to think any balanced, comprehensive available nutrients at a reasonable concentration is fine and they will just use what they want. I don’t know. I never grew a plant before and haven’t done as much reading as I should have to this point. So I mostly just play around and stick with what works. Make common sense changes based on plant reactions to the few things we need to mess with; light, food, hydration, airflow…that’s about it right?

Couple other photos I took today

One more shot of the tub plants. My favorite at the moment. Little pissed about recent light intensity. But this is a stretchy strain. Gotta show em who’s boss. I did dial it back a touch. Have a feeling these are gonna get real big when I flip them.

13 Likes

Looks like they aren’t complaining on how your treating them .

1 Like

That’s what I’m saying :wink:.

Chasing numbers with gadgets left me with sad plants. When I trashed those things and just kept it simple my grow improved immensely. These plants will grow well in so many different conditions. My seedlings are at 45-50 rh. Same result as 80-90. I’ve flowered at 95 degrees with broken AC. And in the 70s. They just do what they do. Amazing plant really.

6 Likes

That’s because you are the “Plant Whisperer”! :wink:

1 Like

Yeah sweet threats about staying green and frosty or else. :axe:

2 Likes

:laughing:
Until you hear one say

1 Like

Lol man I haven’t seen that talking plant in a LONG time. I remember, vaguely, being kinda freaked out by that movie as a kid. Not scared. But like…uhhhhh wtf? I gotta watch it again as an adult.

And here’s a couple better shots of the babies from last night. Third node inside a week on the big one. Little one looking like less of a freak day by day. Can’t wait to see what my little creations turn into :wink:.

8 Likes

I remember that Dad turned that “$#!+ off”!!! And I went to my friend next door and watched it. lol
I was fifteen at the time. It was the music that got me. I had recently begun listening to music other than the Country and Bluegrass I was raised listening to.
Dad ragged on those “cross dressing freaks” for days. :joy:

1 Like

Lol mine would have done the same. Tolerance I learned elsewhere

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more brother kinda felt like I over stepped the line of keepin it simple when I bought a lux meter just recently used it once or twice said that was cool and here it sits haha …a useful tool is a ph pen IMO …
Had the carbon filter to control humidity for all stages ….ditched that thing got a battery powered dewalt job fan thing runs for three days …only pay attention to rh when bud sets in if it climbs over 50 I get on top of

Our house rh is 35 rn so For you dry growers take a three gallon fabric pot full of soil soak the shit out of it and set it in your tent no lie my little dry closet has increased as much as 10 percent and then with plants in there another ten !!! No fan in there yet tomorrow they shall arrive …

These r the fans pretty “high” tech!:crazy_face:we will see

10000mAh Oscillating Battery Operated Fan, 8” Rechargeable Clip on Fan, 4 Speeds, suppose to last 50 hrs on low :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

My pH pen went in the garbage with the rest of that crap. That thing was the biggest trouble maker of them all. These plants can thrive with varied pH in numerous mediums. Long as you don’t let it go crazy in either direction.

But to each their own. Whatever works. Babies. Day six

These have been chilling under 24-0. Probably back that down to veg schedule tomorrow.

7 Likes

You know what’s going on. I don’t think tap is that bad. You know if you push the numbers you have to bring back up. Or not to much. I grew like that one time. Just a little at a time. What I’m saying is if your ph is low a regular watering isn’t bad.

4 Likes

My well runs, normally, around 7.8 pH.
Do you think they might thrive on that?

1 Like

My water is about the same PH. I think. Last time I checked it with the probe thing was a long time ago. I’ve gone weeks with straight tap into soil with no ill-effect. Back in the ilgm days :wink:. You could look that up. My very first grow journal started at like ten days into straight tap. Continued on for awhile like that before starting feed. In coco I feed from day one so pH is altered by feed and cal mag to get to coco range.

Babies - one week old

16 Likes

Day 8. Picking up steam.

12 Likes

That one on the right has got some big leaves already .

2 Likes

Yeah I am pretty damn happy with that plant. I know these are gonna make some beautiful buds :wink:

Wish I had more going. See which version is “normal”

5 Likes

Day 9.

4th node coming in on the big one.

8 Likes

I called it real early. That little plant just felt like it was WCT leaning to me. Has the same weird leaves as the wct. Real long center leaf with short little side leaves. Here’s a shot of a clone

8 Likes

I love this seedling. Has amazing lower growth going already on top of the pretty nice growth in general. Looks like a bit too much light. They will get their first rest tonight. Going 18-6.

9 Likes