Eagles' Nest

Mushrooms dot com

3 Likes

Shipping cost will be that of a stamp, but do at me when you ready…or whenever so you can have em on hand. I’ll read about taking and preserving prints. And your welcome. It would be my pleasure.

3 Likes

lmao ok, dot, not .

Thanks I will.

3 Likes

Just did a quick perusing. Sounds very simply. They’ll be ready when you are.

4 Likes

Day 22

And some regular seeds taking a bath. Let’s make some seeds. This is probably not going to go smoothly! My very first question is after I pollinate a female…can it get pollinated by a different male and make seeds with genetics from all three, or two different sets of seeds with each combo?

Pretty simple indeed

10 Likes

Yes, each individual bract can be pollinated by a different male’s pollen. :+1::seedling:

7 Likes

Thanks, and oof, that complicates the plans.

3 Likes

I’ve been hearing about this more and more lately. What does this mean to you? Dosage? Frequency?

Half a gram once every other week was my idea of maintenance therapy.

2 Likes

One more day on this guy

I’m wondering if I fruited this a few days early or dirt doesn’t make a great spawn :yum:. I’d like to not be brining poop into my house so let’s hope subsequent flushes come out a bit better or a later spawn that I let colonize a few days longer pins more evenly. I’m also putting zero work into climate control for them. Controlling climate for the plants obviously. Also wondering if I can use dirt right out of the bag, pasteurized of course. (although I am going to try one without pasteurizing…but maybe using some 3%h2o2 in the field capacity step, because if I can skip that step I’m going to) or is the h2o2 going to kill the good stuff im keeping by pasteurizing vs sterilizing?

Thoughts?

Girls looking happy this morning. I forgot to give them their six off last night. I really need to go get another four dollar timer.

9 Likes

I’m less pleased with my godberry today than I was five days ago. I woulda thought we were in the home stretch here. Then she goes and pops fresh pistils all over the plant. What’s she doing?

11 Likes

I’d guess she’s testing you! They look amazing, still more to come? post a pic with your hand near a bud so we can see its size, if possible. Wow!

2 Likes

Haha thank you! It does look and smell amazing. I cloned it and was wanting to work with it in the future here…but, I don’t know now if she can’t finish. Her temps have been good. 24" from light. Not overfed…

2 Likes

It’s a small plant, only 17" tall the buds are not big :yum:. But they are BIG relative to her size. Which is another reason I wanted to keep her around.

2 Likes

Kind of short I’d think, and it’s not an auto? Great, short plant, big buds!

2 Likes

I kept it small on purpose. I like having a lot of little taster plants in my tent. 2-3 zips each. Lot of variety while I hunt.

12 Likes

Congrats! Really nice plant! Enjoy!

3 Likes

Thanks friend.

2 Likes

Frequency for us is every 3rd day atm, the wife is good on 0.05 of a gram and I am using 0.15 of a gram atm. They say a microdse should be enough to make you a little sleepy, then knock it back a little bit.

I bought 35 grams, the other week as that was the cheapest option with getting free shipping. So that should last us about 8-10 months atm but I think we will be increasing the dosage and time intervals soon.

Plenty of time to set up and grow some. I was looking at different ways and setups yesterday. I think I am going to make the jar cakes with brown rice flour and vermiculite unless there is something else to use that’s cheaper or easier to find. Then sit them on some tin foil and moist perlite in a plastic tub. I can put that in my small breeding cabinet to keep the heat right, I might get a small reptile fogger for the humidity to save misting the box 3-4 times a day.

Can it be done this way with a spore print, I see the videos and they have syringes to inoculate the jars.

I think the answer to your H202 question is it will kill everything organic it comes in contact with I think. Not sure what the field step is though to compare between sterilization with H202 and pasteurization with steam/heat. If left the H202 will degrade to plain water after the nitrogen is released. So if that step is before adding the spores it may be ok as the H202 will have broken down and become inert.

Plants are looking great.

3 Likes

Thanks! And for the h2o2 tidbit. You would scrape a print into a syringe of sterile water. It doesn’t take many spores to make a viable syringe. A couple of prints would make a lot of syringes to my understanding. But I would have to read up on specifics. And I would definitely recommend the pf tek, brf method, you are speaking of. They say it’s a bit slower colonization and slightly less potent if you dont spawn to something else, like say manure, but whatever. I definitely wouldn’t get away with my practices going another route.

3 Likes

When I grow shrooms now I do mono tubs . But some of the most potent I have grown were done with PF tek . Just saying . :grinning:

4 Likes