Edible Gummies! First time.

Here is my first attempt at making some edible gummies. Here is the recipe I used

Supply List:

• 3 ounces flavored gelatin (any flavor)
  • 2.5 envelopes (of ¼ ounce each) unflavored gelatin
  • 1/4 cup fruit juice (nothing with citrus)
  • 1 tablespoon of honey
  • ½ teaspoon flavor extract
  • Gummy molds
  • 1 large bowl
  • 1 small bowl or container (for mixing liquids)
  • A large non-stick pan
  • One of these two cannabis extracts
    • Cannabis tincture: 1/4 -1/2 cup
    • Hash Oil (recommended): Depends greatly on hash oil potency and viscosity. I would recommend starting with 7 drops of hash oil and eating more gummies as needed. If 7 drops is too many, use fewer drops in the next batch. You can also add more hash oil for stronger effects. For reference, I use 15 drops of oil when making a batch this size.

Step-by-Step: How to Make Cannabis Gummies

Directions:

1. Empty the entire 3oz package of flavored gelatin into your large bowl.
  2. Pour 2.5 (1/4oz) envelopes of unflavored gelatin into the same large bowl and whisk the 2 gelatins until they blend.
  3. Combine the fruit juice and honey in the small bowl and mix them together.
  4. Pour the juice/honey mixture into the large bowl with the gelatin mixture and whisk the mixture until it’s thoroughly combined. Set the mixture aside for now.
  5. If you started with tincture:
  6. Place your non-stick pan on the stove. Add your tincture to the pan and cook tincture down (on low heat) until the tincture has the consistency of molasses or glue. This step evaporates most of the alcohol still left in the tincture and leaves you with hash oil.
  7. Add your flavor extract to the pan and keep cooking until the mixture has a glue-like consistency again.
  8. If you started with hash oil:
  9. Place your non-stick pan on the stove. Add your hash oil to the non-stick pan, and pour your flavor extract right on top of it.
  10. Pour the gelatin mixture into the non-stick pan with your flavor extract and hash oil, and mix everything together.
  11. Cook the combination over medium-low heat until the gelatin has completely dissolved (7-10 minutes).
  12. You can tell it’s done when you can’t see gelatin granules in the mixture.
  13. Carefully pour the finished mixture into a measuring cup with a pour spout.
  14. Pour the mixture into your molds, and refrigerate them for 1 hour.
  15. Once they’re set, the gummies can easily be removed from the molds and eaten.

That’s it! If you followed those steps, you now have a bunch of potent weed gummies waiting to be eaten.

I used the hash oil and the double broiler for my recipe.
They taste really good and one does the job of making me feel pretty good. I am not happy with the texture of the gummies (too rubbery). I will be looking for another recipe for the next time. Not too bad for my first time.

7 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Edibles recipes - what’s your favourite?