Edibles help please

No, maybe 1/3 of that for Kief

I always used decarbed popcorn nugs and trim

Ok, I’m telling you as a chef that you are wrong. Do not eat raw flour. I’ve cooked for 2 presidents, countless celebrities, professional sports teams (we had a contract for the redwings and fed them before all home games) and worked for an iron chef for 2.5 years. Do not eat raw flour , I’ve linked fda and other reputable sources including flour manufacturers that say do not eat raw flour.

If you still want to do it go ahead, but you have the information you need to make smart and safe decisions here. Go ahead and follow what this “very well known baker” says.

https://www.kingarthurbaking.com/about/products/docs/flour-safety

7 Likes

I’m still working on the proper amount of bubble hash to infuse butter or oil . Last try it was way to strong !

1 Like

If your estimating 500 mg per gram, your putting 1500 mg into 2 sticks which after cooking should give about 7 ounces of oil. Or 210 ml, giving you 7.15mg per ml of oil

2 Likes

If I may, I’ve shared a gummy recipe that can last a really long time, my guess is 1 year at room temp and probably twice as long in the fridge. It looks complicated but really isn’t, I can even share a simpler version if it interests you.

3 Likes

I’m no chef so you know more about these things then me but I guess you can just toast or heat up the flour first to be safe!!

1 Like

20 mins at 325 would sterilize it for sure, maybe a lightly toasted flavor.

I just want everyone to be safe, food poisoning sucks hard

4 Likes

Yessir I edited the recipe! Thanks for the heads up chef! :man_cook:

2 Likes

I’m out of likes but I’ve been sprinkling them down the thread!

:green_heart: :green_heart:

1 Like

Kif is generally 40-50ish% thc, depending on various factors. Really clean kif more like 60% or better. I use 40% for my rough math so about 400mg per gram of kif.

Terpy Pebbles Treats

I’ll decarb around 2 grams sealed in parchment and foil to try and retain terps, then slowly mix that with melted butter for a standard rice crispy treat recipe. Low heat or short bursts in the microwave at this point mixing often. When it is uniform start working in your marshmallows, I add a pinch of salt and 1/4tsp vanilla, mix well scraping sides and bottom, then finally your fruity pebbles. Press into a sprayed glass pan, chill and cut based on your desired dosage.

1 Like

Please do!!! I have been looking for one that is stable at room temp/can be stored for long term without having to freeze.

If you already shared it I apologize for asking asking as I haven’t made it that far down yet.

1 Like

@Deadinside88 It’s linked in my post above!

I used to make and sell these to a Kalamazoo dispo years ago, in the wild west of medical here. Have you made smores ones with golden grahams and chocolate chips yet?

1 Like

Yeah I realized it afterwards lol and bookmarked it to check out here in a bit. Thanks again

1 Like

Those and cinnamon toast crunch are definitely hits. The fruity pebbles are our favorite though, especially when I have plenty of blueberry/cherry pie/ BamaNana in the trim pile.

When my pops was sick I’d make the strongest tincture possible and cut it to sugar. It’s super flexible and shelf life is great. https://cannigma.com/recipes/cannabis-sugar/

1 Like

Hey bud, I want to share something with you.

I recently made the best I have ever made, or eaten. I’d like to share this with you because it went so well and it was so easy to do. I made it out of a bunch of junk that doesn’t really get people very high when smoked. I looked at this girl’s recipe and did it a little bit differently. Hash Butter: The Quickest, Easiest and Strongest Cannabutter You Can Make | Wake + Bake
I used the wacky bags to make some bubble hash out of trim leaves, and everything that was not 73 micron, I just put on the micro screen thing and into the freezer separately. This is cooking grade hash.

1. Use a meat thermometer or something, because ovens can be inaccurate! Use a cheese grater to grate this stuff onto a wax paper sheet and throw it in the oven on 240F for 30 min. Makes the house smell like burned popcorn or something similar. I used this as a reference: Decarboxylating Cannabis to Activate THC | Wake + Bake

2.) I took all my cooking grade hash into the crockpot with some melted ghee(clarified butter from the butter section in the normal grocery store) all day long on the lowest temperature and stir it every now and then (maybe once per hour). You can just throw the ghee in there, and after it melts, throw in the hash straight from the freezer, but decarboxylating it sure seemed to work, and I recommend it. It almost reaches the boiling point of THC.
I used 800g of ghee and 31g decarboxylated hash.
It is a little bit more than her 1:1 ratio.

1. Stir in a bit of soy lecithin as an emulsifier right before you turn it off or when it is cooling. Maybe I did a tsp or so.

3)Turn it off, and let it cool to a temperature that you can handle it with using some rubber gloves. You can wait until it cools off a lot, but so long as it is warm enough to be still liquid. Run it through a strainer into a pyrex dish. The hash tastes TERRIBLE, but is still very potent at this point. I recommend throwing it in the trash and not eating even a tbsp in any kind of way like I did; it was terrible and nothing could cover that up. Press on the strainer tight to get all the good stuff out of the hash.

1. Put it in the fridge to cool.

2. Caution! Beware! A gram of this for the most seasoned of smokers will have them high the next day even. Try with something like .15 of a gram of this, and if you are pretty confident, take .3 and be ready to be super stoned.
    There is no ceiling with this stuff, and it is super effective.

My favorite is to put the dosage on a scale that is accurate to .001 or .01 works too, put it on a tablespoon, and then fill the spoon with maple syrup. Super easy, tastes great, works perfectly. I wouldn’t try to bake with it, and instead try to find other ways to cover up that hash taste.

-Regards

2 Likes

You don’t have to buy ghee, the butter will clarify in the crockpot. That works out to almost 1 gram of hash per 30 ml of butter! That’s going to be suuuuuper strong! Like 15 edibles doses in 2 tbs strong!

2 Likes

Dank here is the formula to calculate potency

Potency can be estimated fairly accurately using the following formula:
(THC% * mg efficiency)/ml = mg/ml*

For example, let’s assume that the flower potency used in the basic recipe is about 20% THC. We used 7 grams in the recipe which is equal to 7000 mg. The extraction efficiency with this method is approximately 75%, and the total volume is about 60 ml (2 oz.):
(0.2 * 7000 mg * 0.75)/60 ml = 17.5 mg/ml.

Kief use 50-60% as the efficiency number.

Infused oil maybe the way to go instead of sweets, long term. If you do consider infused oil make sure to use sunflower lecithin. Lecithin minimizes the long-acting effect edibles have by allowing a faster absorption. More THC will be metabolized by the body, making the psychotropic effects more intense.
Dosing will generally be droppers and a dropper is roughly 1ml.
Anyway I hope you find something that will make your wife comfortable and able to sleep uninterrupted through the night.

4 Likes