Edibles recipes - what's your favourite?

Great idea thanks. I have a step mom especially fond of gummies/candies, any good suggestions? Everyone else will be pretty easy but anything for her would have to be gluten free and while gluten free versions can be made for most things there’s certainly a lot to be desired taste-wise.

2 Likes

For candies I’d go gummies. Super easy, but don’t go with a coating. Heavy on the gelatin and after making the mix I’d infuse part of it and the rest can be for snacking as trust me you want a sober batch too. Gummies taste too good :yum:

I’ve found that you also don’t want to heat the gelatin. Trust the directions on the pack. Cold water is for a reason and with how the weather is you want fridge water basically to bloom the gelatin. Sheets definitely are more user friendly.

The gelatin will absorb a decent amount of flavor. Just keep that in mind when using a heavy gelatin mix. I always mix in sunflower lecithin in place of soy lecithin.

Otherwise gummies should be naturally gluten free. None of the ingredients should be from wheat, barley, soy, etc. Gelatin is from boiled animal bones unless you specifically buy the vegetable gelatin variety. Corn syrup should be okay as corn gluten apparently isn’t the same thing, but you can just use inverted sugar syrup instead if unsure. For a neat twist you can use CBD water for the Bloom stage and even any stage with water. Infusing sugar helps keep additional ingredients out of a standard recipe and it should go smoothly if you go with a regular gummy recipe also.

4 Likes

Thanks a bunch my friend. People like you are exactly what makes this place what it is.

3 Likes

I’m glad I can help :blush: I’m not a traditional stoner for sure. I don’t really keep trade secrets. If someone asks I explain. If we can’t all learn we’ll be stuck in the stone age for cannabis science

9 Likes

Sorry for the delay - start of the week was crazy at work. Ended up with our original plan for first time around. Wife did brownies and I did Ginger Cookies = maybe adaptable to Ganjabread Cookies for the Holiday edition? Definitely didn’t nail the sugar dusting - we were pretty medicated by that time.

4 Likes

Well, not that I’m entitled to, but I’ll go ahead and speak for everyone when I say we appreciate your lack of discretion and efforts to further everyone’s cannabis knowledge. I for one certainly need it.:grin:

2 Likes

I had a lot of people get sketched out by me when u first started smoking as I was just IDGAF about it and carried my bowl in my pocket prepacked. I’d just go on and on about cannabis and all I learned about it. Some of them had previously gone away for cannabis crimes due to prohibition, so I’d assume a little of column a and a little of column b.

I had a friend tell me he thought I was a narc at first as I just wouldn’t shut up :joy:

I just truly enjoy learning all I can about this wonderful plant

3 Likes

As someone whose been affected by cannabis prohibition twice myself I guess I can see where they’re coming from. Although, I don’t think I’d have assumed narc, just someone new to it that hasn’t had to deal with our friends in blue before. While I may be slightly more discreet than that I still refuse to creep around as though I’m hiding a murder weapon.

2 Likes

I’ve found it actually pings you to get caught when you sneak around. One night we almost all went to the drunk tank because that same friend was acting like an idiot going in and out of his car and my other friends car. Someone saw him running back and forth and called the cops.

Nothing happened in the end. Well to me anyways, but I only had my dugout as a passenger. My buddies had cars and the other friend was talking back like an idiot :expressionless:

We made the paper LoL :joy: no names were named, but I laughed when I saw we made it

2 Likes

Canna-Bacon gives you the bacon AND a bunch of activated grease to use later.

Lay bacon slices on cookie sheet
Sprinkle ground bud of your choice onto bacon-especially the white fat
Drizzle oil of choice over & cover all Cannabis with oil
Bake at 250*F turning once, until desired crispness is achieved.

Eat the bacon & save the grease for later.

4 Likes

Simple, easy, delicious, and lard is one of the highly active fats if memory serves me. Pig fat, beef fat, chicken skin, generally any animal fats really I’ve noticed are pretty much the only fats that actually give me any weight. Oils don’t really help me, so I’m going to go with my gut on this call and say at least for my body it’s very bioavailable. Best bonus is it’s a fat that you can use in nearly everything. Anything you can cook with butter is low enough temp to use any cannabis oil without burning it. Though the key is the temp not being high enough to burn or brown the butter always LoL

3 Likes

Today I made a nutri bar like quick bread just a hair thicker than a fatty cookie. I added active dry yeast, but because I used a 50/50 of almond flour and all purpose flour it didn’t really rise much. This was a failed bread I infused and refused to waste. I found a way and it’s honestly delicious. Slightly sweetened and a lot like banana bread honestly. The mild rise I got despite a 2 hour proofing just made me rethink my recipe from a loaf of bread to a more giant cookie like quick bread. I added my almond butter and fluff mix I infused with 10g weed awhile ago I had left on top and some extra fluff on top of that. Then some Graham crackers and I torched it to stop the fluff mix from running too much.

The recipe was a standard bread recipe with Cocoa powder, Cocoa nibs, shredded coconut, eggs, and trim butter mixed in and liquid coconut oil as my oil instead of olive oil or another type in the dough. It’s what I had in hand. I don’t make homemade dough that often and a occasional refresher on what I need to drill in my brain helps.

I’ll make a new batch in a bit. For now I’ll work on this batch and get back to you on effects vs the trim butter even as a cooking oil. It’s been shockingly heat tolerant, so IDK :man_shrugging:t3:

Sorry no pics before topping. I forgot to take pics🤷🏼‍♂️

So far it’s a nice Stony clear headed high. Mild sublingual effects I can feel right away.

Edit 1: To update an hour after ingestion gave me a strong sativa high. Sinus clearing and allergy relief side too. I can’t speak for anyone else’s reaction to sativa feeling edibles, but mine keeps my nose from running and makes my sinuses tingle. Especially the tip of my nose. It definitely is both causing and solving munchies before causing more munchies. I ate half of what’s missing. The bread side is adding a nice Stone and the forehead/sinus feeling I have RN. the fluffernutter side is adding similar effects, but without the sinus feeling as Zelda edibles added a different effect more like a subtle high that sneaks up on you, though it’s a bit eye rolling. I think she had some THC-V in her. Pain is already gone and I didn’t notice when, so the fluffernutter side did its job letting the bread do its thing unhindered I guess :man_shrugging:t3: I’ll add another update once the rest kicks in.

Edit 2: colors started getting more vivid and I started zoning out. Nose feels almost raw like when you blow it too much and it gets…well…raw🤷🏼‍♂️ the sativa effects on my sinuses are like when I’m blasted in the face with an overwhelming amount of terpenes in the tent. Cheeks are starting to feel that raw feeling too. It’s mildly unpleasant in high doses if you are unaware of these body effects from sativa and you get them like myself in this way.

Edit 3: full effects kicked in. Time lost. Things done. Good high overall :ok_hand: I stayed awake. My fiance is passed out cold unresponsive at the same dose. I just got a lot of energy instead :man_shrugging:t3: after full effects kicked in nerve pain, back pain, shoulder pain, neck pain, arthritis pain, and knee pain are gone :heart: my desire to constantly vape isn’t calmed down and intensified though, so I’ll have to work on my nicotine level of this keeps up to stop my high from being filled with a desire to smoke through it.

3 Likes

hit the jack pot with these quarantine cookies. added a bit more flour and some baking powder and these cookies stood straight up, and are in the process of knocking me down ;))

recipe available if anyone is desirous

7 Likes

Oh cool! You almost made some fatties :yum: those kind of cookies are delicious :yum:

I’m trying to put on weight here too and just discovered the wonders of lard lol. It’s like poor man’s butter, I ram it into alot of stuff I cook for the extra calories. Coconut oil is great too but $$$

I wish I could enjoy edibles but I just hate the way they make me feel…like I’m made of rubber or something lol

1 Like

I have experienced unpleasant overindulgences in the past so I try to err on the side of caution. You can always eat more later if you didn’t get enough the first time…

I’ve made two recipes this year. I infused coconut oil for peanut butter cookies, and I infused butter to make lemon shortbread (a regular shortbread recipe with the zest of a lemon mixed in - next time I’d use two lemon’s worth). The dosage was too high the first go round - 1/4 of a PB cookie was sufficient - but I think I nailed it with the shortbread. It’s slow to come on, but you’re feeling great 2 hours after consumption and it goes on for several hours.

3 Likes

Making another compound butter from the buds I didn’t want to dry for either discoloration or mite eggs in the core of some buds. I have no problem eating dead bugs.

I’ll have no way of knowing exactly how strong this will be. I’ll be using xanthan gum and guar gum to help everything emulsify and be an even dose in each bite when I make something with it.

That’s a 9x13 Pyrex. Half the bud I discarded this harvest is going in this batch. Roughly a quarter of the total harvest :grimacing:

4 Likes

Wound up using a 16oz of butter, 2oz olive oil, 1g xanthan gum, 2g guar gum, after decarb 4oz of bud. Made it a little too concentrated to use as is, but it’ll be fine to mix with butter later once I get the time to get more. I’d say I should have used 2lbs of butter instead of the 1.

For Decarb I used 240f for 40 minutes. My oven didn’t do that :sob: I had to go 210-225 for about 60 minutes. Milage may vary. I used freshly harvested bud and I waited until my nose could get the nutty smell I was looking for and the buds weren’t moist anymore.
I tried some of the butter as is. It’s definitely active and strong. In the end it’s unlikely it’s fully decarbed though and it’ll be fine in the end as it’ll finish up in whatever I’m cooking as it was very close to a full decarb smell. I’d rather go under than over decarbed for fresh bud.

The picture here is of half the product. Still might end up adding more butter later. I’ll be making something tonight with the compound butter I didn’t jar up. I don’t have anything else to do. Fuck it. I’ll get wasted off edibles for the night. It will be good to forget my issues and pains for a bit.

I used an immersion blender to make sure everything was fully mixed and emulsified. Most pain free batch yet. :grin:

3 Likes

Made some baked pasta with the butter last night after my last post. 4 tablespoons of butter (I didn’t weigh it) 2 each in the chicken in sauce and the other 2 in the pasta after draining. Baked it on 300f until the cheese melted. It smelled like a bag of weed😋

Got me pretty high all night and gave me a nice night’s rest after 8 hours when I got tired of watching TV.

I didn’t feel any urge to dab at all yesterday :heart_eyes: the butter as is was definitely stronger, but the pasta dish felt like such a clean high without feeling sleepy too soon. My bet is the cheese helped seal in most things trying to escape. I wouldn’t doubt it if some THC got into the cheese in small amounts :yum:

5 Likes

35 bars of THC loaded chocolate squares (70% cocoa)…

Only one per day - doctor’s orders

Loaded = 1/3 cup of 190 proof tincture & 1/4 cup canna-butter

I’m ready to watch the start of the zombie apocolipse

Cheers
G

9 Likes