Edibles recipes - what's your favourite?

Here is my first attempt at making some edible gummies. Here is the recipe I used

Supply List:

• 3 ounces flavored gelatin (any flavor)
  • 2.5 envelopes (of ¼ ounce each) unflavored gelatin
  • 1/4 cup fruit juice (nothing with citrus)
  • 1 tablespoon of honey
  • ½ teaspoon flavor extract
  • Gummy molds
  • 1 large bowl
  • 1 small bowl or container (for mixing liquids)
  • A large non-stick pan
  • One of these two cannabis extracts
    • Cannabis tincture: 1/4 -1/2 cup
    • Hash Oil (recommended): Depends greatly on hash oil potency and viscosity. I would recommend starting with 7 drops of hash oil and eating more gummies as needed. If 7 drops is too many, use fewer drops in the next batch. You can also add more hash oil for stronger effects. For reference, I use 15 drops of oil when making a batch this size.

Step-by-Step: How to Make Cannabis Gummies

Directions:

1. Empty the entire 3oz package of flavored gelatin into your large bowl.
  2. Pour 2.5 (1/4oz) envelopes of unflavored gelatin into the same large bowl and whisk the 2 gelatins until they blend.
  3. Combine the fruit juice and honey in the small bowl and mix them together.
  4. Pour the juice/honey mixture into the large bowl with the gelatin mixture and whisk the mixture until it’s thoroughly combined. Set the mixture aside for now.
  5. If you started with tincture:
  6. Place your non-stick pan on the stove. Add your tincture to the pan and cook tincture down (on low heat) until the tincture has the consistency of molasses or glue. This step evaporates most of the alcohol still left in the tincture and leaves you with hash oil.
  7. Add your flavor extract to the pan and keep cooking until the mixture has a glue-like consistency again.
  8. If you started with hash oil:
  9. Place your non-stick pan on the stove. Add your hash oil to the non-stick pan, and pour your flavor extract right on top of it.
  10. Pour the gelatin mixture into the non-stick pan with your flavor extract and hash oil, and mix everything together.
  11. Cook the combination over medium-low heat until the gelatin has completely dissolved (7-10 minutes).
  12. You can tell it’s done when you can’t see gelatin granules in the mixture.
  13. Carefully pour the finished mixture into a measuring cup with a pour spout.
  14. Pour the mixture into your molds, and refrigerate them for 1 hour.
  15. Once they’re set, the gummies can easily be removed from the molds and eaten.

That’s it! If you followed those steps, you now have a bunch of potent weed gummies waiting to be eaten.

I used the hash oil and the double broiler for my recipe.
They taste really good and one does the job of making me feel pretty good. I am not happy with the texture of the gummies (too rubbery). I will be looking for another recipe for the next time. Not too bad for my first time.

11 Likes

simple, but effective, and dosed so you can eat a handful and not see the dalai lama :slight_smile:

chocolate chip cookies, mmnuff sed :wink:

10 Likes

You got a recipe for those cookies, @Cartwright?

1 Like

shit yeah, let me eat some chow, and i will hit it up in a bit

3 Likes

Ya’ll be making me hungry with those gorgeous recipes ! Holy crap some of you have some really nice baked goods, way beyond anything I could ever dream up…Map props to all of you !

So my take on edibles is much more utilitarian… my tolerance is so high that I am staying away from baked goods to keep my sugar intake in check… I love doing edibles but I was engine up having to eat a 1/4lb at a time to get a good buzz.

Nitro’s recipe for honkin edibles that will fuck you up !

1. decarb 5 grams of your best bud ( oven 250/50 minutes in tinfoil tray,loosely broken up )
  2. 1 cup of plain yogurt
  3. 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  4. 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

break up the bud as finely as you can by hand, take out any stems or lump… mix the weed into the yogurt, add the cinnamon and vanilla extract , stir well and enjoy !!!

I find eating the bud directly gives me the cleanest buzz with no hangover… proportion your weed according to your tolerance… there was a time when a good 100mg cookie would have me hiding under the table pissing my pants paralyzed with anxiety ( not really but you get my point )…now I need to be tapping 1000mg to to get any sort of a kick and have yet to explore my limits, I simply can’t eat enough weed to find that limit…

the second thing we do is process my leftover pucks from the rosin press, we put a liter of coconut oil with 30 14 grams packs, then from those we make gummies… they taste and smell awesome lol actually I mean awful but they get you messes up …they taste and smell so bad that I cut them into small bits and swallow them like pills with a big glass of water… issue is I now have to eat over 100 grams to get a kick…

3 Likes

ok, if i leave anything out. let me know.

4 oz cannaoil = coconut oil + decarbed flower, simmered to taste
4 oz unsalted butter
melt these two together gently, i even like to let it cool a bit after mixing the two butters, and use room temps eggs, ya know bakin’ stuff.

2/3 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
add the butter to these three and just mix in.

beat 2 eggs, one at a time into the sugar, vanilla, and butter mix, do not over beat.

2 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
whisk these to mix, then add it to the wet mix a little at a time. do not over beat.

add 2 cups chocolate chips, bake gently appx 375f 8-10 mins.

i like my mix dryish, if you can see from photo of final dough in my earlier post.

bake on, results may vary.

7 Likes

Awesome - thank you! Your cookies look delicious. Nice work!

2 Likes

So far this year I’ve made peanut butter cookies with infused coconut oil and lemon shortbread with infused butter. Next up I’m thinking a round of chocolate chip using cannabutter and the copycat Levain Bakery dark chocolate chocolate chip cookie recipe.

2 Likes

i used to make canna treacle toffee and canna toffee fudge, as I got older I wondered why I was mixing cannabutter having me eating sweets everyday so nowadays I just eat cannabutter

3 Likes

this is the easiest quickest edible recipe I know of, and it works great. This is very old school and pretty bare-bones, but I think it’s great.

grind some bud very finely and place it in a skillet. cook at low heat until you begin to smell it vaporizing.
Add honey and blend with the ground weed until it makes a paste that you can stir easily.
Increase the heat to medium-low. Add a tiny bit of oil or butter, about a quarter teaspoon. cook until the honey starts to form tiny bubbles. stir constantly.
How long cook you it at this heat determines how decarbed the edible is. The more activated you want it, the longer you should simmer and stir.
remove from heat and use a silicon spatula to pour it into a bowl or dish.

You can eat it straight up, put it on toast, or mix in some nuts to make a simple majoun (middle eastern cannabis candy). It will solidify as it cools.
You can portion it into small amounts and freeze it on parchment paper. You can eat this like a gummy candy, or even swallow it like a pill if you want to medicate quickly.
It’s a pretty versatile recipe, you can cook with it, make deserts with it, and incorporate it into recipes. Most importantly, it’s great for medical use because you can make it quickly and easily, and have an edible ready to use in minutes.

8 Likes

That is a variation of a recipe I first read and used back in 1970 or ‘71.
It was called Honey Slides or Sliders. It was from a book called Child’s Garden of Grass.
I still use it when I want to make a quick, one person dose. Easy peasy and fast.

:+1:

3 Likes

Try mixing in pectin and a little cornstarch slurry when mixing them up. Remember to keep in mind the water content

2 Likes

I find it’s much easier to just take little spoonfuls of the infused butter, but I’m not much of an edible guy. Ruins entire days haha.

If they’re for others, something cheap that covers that green flavor. Chocolate, cinnamon, something strong. I’ll tell you what not to do, don’t make sugar cookies haha. Awful tasting.

Usually a couple boxes of Ghirardelli brownie mix ($3 at the grocery store, definitely worth the extra $1 over store brand) do the trick. KIS.

EDIT: if people want a way to make the butter, stuff nylon pantyhose with herb, tie it off, and put in a crock pot with butter. Use an equal amount of water. No mess, especially if you use a crock pot liner. Put on low and let rip 3-4 hours. Squeeze out the oil/butter from the pantyhose bags and discard the nylon/weed tubes. Wear gloves when you do cause you’ll get super high from the oil on your skin (lawd I been there). Put crock pot in fridge and let butter solidify. Poke hole in hard butter layer and drain off water. Pour butter into a pot, cover with equal amount of water. Boil for 20 minutes. Let cool. Put pot in fridge. Butter will rise to top and solidify. Poke holes in butter layer and drain. Voila, clean butter. Especially helpful if you’re starting with a lot of green material, if using hash just dissolve hash in warm butter in the microwave.

7 Likes

Thank you #OniTenshu I will try that next time.

1 Like

That is solid 70’s ol’school!!
:sunglasses: :+1:

Literally the only difference was we squeezed the butter out a few times during the cook. Well, that and making jokes about using buddies mother’s or sister’s pantyhose… you know the shit.

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Check out Diamond Delight Edibles on YouTube. Amazing stuff.

5 Likes

Hello! Can someone who has an easy pot brownie recipe share it with me? I want to make the brownies from the leaves and stems. I don’t know how much gramms of the leaves to use to make it hit very hard. And should i wait for the leaves to dry? (Sorry for the lot of questions, it’ll be my first time making )

3 Likes

Good question haven’t made the proverbial pot brownie yet but I’d guess 1/2 oz per pan of brownies… let’s see what others say guess depends how strjng the weed is my guess.

2 Likes

@monkeyman might have some insight on hire much to use heard he made a potent batch recently!

2 Likes

Here is the recipe for cookies that I made that is very strong, and I only used leaves (except to make the green dragon, however you could use trim or leaves to do that, also, as long as you added more dry leaf material to the everclear to compensate for the fact you aren’t using bud):

1. make some green dragon as per the recipe here:
    Not Just Another Tincture Thread

2. make some cannasugar as per the recipe in the thread listed above

3. take a ball jar full of dried leaves or trim (remove the stems) and decarb at 240 degrees for 40 minutes. Place the decarbed leaves back in to the ball jar and let sit in the freezer for 12 to 24 hours.

4. Take a pound of butter, and run it through a butter maker like this one two times, with a bit of water added, using 4 or 5 tablespoons of the dried and decarbed and frozen leaves from step 3.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WRMSDCM/

5. take the same butter you used in the step 4 and place it in to a double boiler. pack as much of the decarbed leaves a you can in to the butter, and double-boil it for 40 minutes. Strain the butter and weed through a strainer that has some cheesecloth doubled over in the strainer basket. After it has drained, firmly squeeze the remaining butter from the cheesecloth that is wrapped up with the weed butter inside of it (be careful not to tear the cheesecloth in the process).

6. place the butter in to the refrigerator and allow it to set up and separate from the water (5 or 6 hours or overnight).You should end up with anywhere from a half pound to 3/4 of a pound of butter.

7. run some MCT coconut oil through the butter maker just as you did in step 4, but don’t add any water to the oil.

8. Buy 2 boxes of Krusteaz Triple Chocolate cookie mix (or any mix that requires you to add 1 stick of butter) and pour it in a bowl
    https://www.krusteaz.com/products/cookies/triple-chocolate-chunk-cookie-mix

9. Add 3 tablespoons of sunflower lecithin powder to the cookie mix. Also add 3 or 4 tablespoons of cannasugar to the mix that you made in step 2

10. Add some coconut, pecans, walnuts, chocolate chips, cocoa powder, cinnamon, nutmeg to the cookie mix, along with a cup and a half of flour.

11. add 2 eggs, imitation vanilla, 3 tablespoons of the green dragon you made in step 1, 3 tablespoons of MCT coconut oil you made in step 7 and all of the butter you made in steps 5-6.

12. mix all of the ingredients thoroughly (you may need to add more flour, judge for yourself - the dough shouldn’t be too wet, because you don’t want the cookies to spread out).

13. Roll out walnut-sized balls of the dough and press them down with a fork in a criss-cross pattern like you would with a peanut butter cookie (this should make approx 72 cookies).

14. Bake at 240 degrees for 75 to 85 minutes (calibrate your oven with a thermometer to make sure you don’t go over 240 degrees) Do not bake according to the directions on the box at a higher temperature for shorter time - the oven will degrade the thc if it gets over 240 degrees, so allow it to cook for a long time.

Normally, medibles do not have any effect on me at all, no matter how many I eat, but these cookies did get me quite buzzed.

7 Likes