Electrical question

Hey guys so I bought this ipower fan with controller and it says max is 350 watts but the fan that came with it is 20 watts and I don’t have a power meter does anyone know anything about this? I’ll attach a pic

6 Likes

if the controller is good up to 350w then anything under that will be fine

10 Likes

Can you show me a pictures of the name plate ratings? :wink::facepunch::+1::sunglasses::peace_symbol:

1 Like

Why the controller?
Educate an old fart, fans have controls on them.
Is this like a smart fan thing?

1 Like

Inline duct fans rarely have built in speed control.

Many peoples setups don’t require the full power of the fan, so this allows them to turn it down.

5 Likes

A speed controller just gives far more adjustability to my Vortex, than just being on blast all the time.
I also think it helps extend the life of the motors, but that is just my guess.

2 Likes

Will explode only after 350w. :+1:

3 Likes

That was a great fan but loud as F@&$

2 Likes

Hey Paps, with great power, there is noise, BUT we only need a fraction of that power!
My first one ran like 17 years before I tore apart, and gave each part an intense cleaning. BUT, I purchased another to have on hand when it failed, it stayed in the box for a while.
The Vortex, either my 6" or my 4", needs a speed controller, as run mine about 1/3rd of the dial, and it sits directly on top of a big CAN filter, blowing into it.
The way I use mine, plastic fans will not have the life span of metal.
Life is to short to run plastic fans, IMHO, LOL!
I’ve seen the Vortex’s in industrial setting many times, before I got into this hobby.
Lots of sucking and blowing going on in web printing processes.
You are correct.
webe

1 Like