ELG's Lost Garden

@LionsNaughtyBeans Yes I press it my hands. The bottle won’t work, this hash is way too dirty, sometimes it barely holds itself.

Mybad people I fell asleep. It appears I already smoke most of the balls I had. On top are roughly pressed chunks and on the bottom the remaining of a small ball

4 Likes

I have a pollen press and press the kief into ‘slugs’.
They smoke nicely in a small pipe.

I don’t understand why it’s called a “pollen press” as you never press pollen in it… :thinking:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

NYCD is dry enough for a smoke test

Edit: definitely needs a cure lol, but it was a nice taste I haven’t had in a long time.

5 Likes

Here are the seedling. Half I planted didn’t pop, but the ones that did are doing great. I germed 3 c99×mendo breath and put them in soil once I saw a tail.

The SB s1 on top left like skipped a node or something.

The reveg, hungry af.

The first S1.

The last NYCD

8 Likes

So besides the leaf curl and variegation (the lighting makes it hard to see), the plants are growing pretty fine and it does kind of look pretty. The black Lebanon cross is also looking good for now. The fucked up seedling has twisted leafs too, is it just a mutant or is it tmv :thinking:. And it grows super weird.

The 3 c99×mb just came out of the ground.

I hate transplanting, it’s so messy. I think I’ll get some of those cardboard pots that disintegrate once in soil. They should be nice just bury it and it’s done.

2 Likes

Okay everyone check this out. Best theory up to date. Genetic mosaisism. Super interesting stuff.

They took cuttings from the bottom middle and top of a plant. They sequenced (or whatever its called) the 3 sets of cuttings and found that the more you go away from the base of the plant the more genetic mutations you get.

That means genetic drift does occur depending on where you take your cuts. If you take new cuts each time, after a few generations or even one, the genetics change, well they may change. So in order to preserve genetics through cloning you would have to make a selection of the cuts that are the closest to the base of the plant or to its original geno/phenotype. That would also explain all the different cuts from a single mother plant (ie:gsc).

If you want you can read the whole story, but in short I’ve been taking clones of clones and hit them with pollen from… you guessed it, a clone and always from the top of the plant.

The variegation seems to fade away on the biggest S1, that would be the plant trying to fix itself. It’s a common “problem” in the variegated ornamental plants community they tend to revert back to normal after some time.

Now to confirm the new theory I will try to infect all the plants in the tent by rubbing the deformed leafs on the mother and give a nice massage to all the seedlings.

I feel enlightened.

10 Likes

You are moving towards knowledge! I love it!

1 Like

Woah thats good info

2 Likes

Really good information brother!!!
thanks for sharing ! :heart: :man_farmer: :brazil: :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Yeah, I can go pretty deep when I don’t feel lazy… or when: curiosity > laziness.

2 Likes

The best part is you figured out how to determine if it’s an infectious disease. Once you know if that’s false, things will fall into place. Even if it’s not false, it’ll answer so many questions.

2 Likes

So everyone in the tent should be infected, if it’s a virus. It felt so wrong lol.

For now we only had degeneration in the s1 population.

On the mother only 1 leaf had the curl and te variegation, this could also be because of the weird growth of the reveging process.

3 Likes

I was re listening to the pot cast (2nd Ryan Lee episode) and they straight up talk about the variegation and leaf curl. Apparently it also shows in dj shorts blueberry because he bread for these traits.

This paper talks about selfing. It basically says that selfing a single genotype on itself can result in lower yield and less vigor, which confirms a 2015 study. The solution would be to hit the plant another genotype of the same strain or another strain completely. They also noticed variegation in their s1 population.

So I guess this concludes the mystery. Don’t make S1’s with the same plant. Or if you do maybe take a cut from the top and one from the bottom and report back with the results.

7 Likes

I think this is telling me to cross my Critical+ fem (S1) with my OG Kush male and it will be a good thing…

Cool!
That’s encouraging as that is exactly what I’m planning on doing. :+1:

Cheers
G

6 Likes

The seedlings are doing okay. The bl×sb is the biggest and fastest, the s1’s seem to take a bit more time. No sign of infection for now, I doubt we’ll see any.

I transplanted the autos to 1gal until I see sex. The mother and s1 look fine, they’re a bit slow, one is hungry and bot are not getting enough water. The s1 got topped and trimmed.

And finally the 2nd NYCD. Almost all the leafs are yellow and dying (week old picture). It’ll get chopped tonight.

I’ll most likely kill the s1’s and sprout some more seeds. This run has to be done by April the latest, so I can start working for the summers guerrilla.

I pretty happy over-all. I’m living the dream, growing my own herb.

7 Likes

Looking good!

I had that exact hygrometer you have in there and it gave me trustworthy and reliable numbers for years… until I put some new hygrometers near it. The ThermPro was a full 10% or more lower than the 5 or 6 new ones I put around it. Just a heads up on it.

2 Likes

Long-term project: I want to create my own wild patch, either introduce a population of seeds bread (is that the word? It sounds funny lol) specifically for this and let them live or do it like the farmers and throw handful of these seeds every year in the patch and cul the males.

First I need to find a strain that’s worth putting in the wild, something that’s not going to fuck everyone up in case it escapes. Once that’s done I’ll introduce some wild ruderalis autos to shorten the flower time. It should only take me a few years :joy:

1 Like

Bred is the word :laughing:

2 Likes

The harvest!

7 Likes

Looks like a nice haul!

2 Likes