ELG's Lost Garden

I stated my sources in the first post :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Guess who’s back!

I knew i saw stuff moving in the soil the past few days. Glad i’m not going crazy lol.

3 Likes

so that insect isn’t on the plant, but lives in the soil itself?

1 Like

I’ve mainly found them on the soil and pots, only once on a leaf last time. They are apparently soil mites and are harmless. I got these only after I pick up a huge bag of soil at canadian tire in their outdoor garden center. I guess they have been living in the bag. Had no insect when I was picking up smaller soil bags inside the store.

3 Likes

I noticed awhile ago that the plant I am finishing up in one of my grow diaries had a ton of white soil mites come to the surface after a heavy watering. Since I am moving into the no till living soil with 2 of my tents, I was not very worried. One day I came in after a big watering and was watching them again and saw them chewing on some other critters that may have been fungus gnat larva or something else that should not be around. I invite all the critters to stay as long as they are not hurting my plant. Love seeing nature at its finest!

2 Likes

So the twisted leaf tips started showing on the cherry brandy and on both jlo’s. It made me think a lot. I think its because i over fertilized them. I also think that I should have probably added a lot more perlite to my soil mix for the plastic 1gal pots. My plants don’t look bad but don’t look their best. I also over watered some of them, the pots take forever to dry, I’ll have to water less and more frequently. Am i right to think the twisting leaf tips are from over feeding?

Cherry brandy

JLo f3

NYC diesel

9 Likes

Quick update, the autos are going fast. LSTed the chrry brandy. Leafs are still all twisted and new bottom growth is all clawed on the biggest Jlo. But that’s all good, practice makes perfect. I’ve been sniffing stem rubs and all smell delicious!

JLo f3

Cherry brandy

Nyc Diesel

10 Likes

Maybe the JLo are a bit over watered? I noticed the ones I’m growing seem to be quite stunted from over watering.

2 Likes

Yah I think the twisted and clawed leaves are from too high conductivity. Or extreme shifts in EC, they can both cause strangeness.

1 Like

@ReikoX @JoeCrowe Yes definitely agree with both! Poor seedlings were over watered in solo cups and i guess I kept drowning them once in the plastic pots… Especially the smallest JLo. I think i got used to the fabric pots drying fast and evenly, the plastic ones take for ever to dry. Also, I remember now giving them different levels of dry amendments in an attempt to train my eyes for the future. If you check the cherry brandy was all twisted when it sprouted but got out of it quick, if i remember correct, same for the small JLo.

2 Likes

JLo f3, the stem rub smells so spicy, reminds me of ground black pepper. Also the JLo only produced 3 tip leaf.

Cherry brandy, mutations all over the place and she smells sweet.

NYC diesel, they look so different.

9 Likes

Spicy like Taco kisses? On a JLO plant? Perfect!

9 Likes

wow smells sweet already, that is very cool and may be a good indicator

1 Like

Buahahah I forgot about that episode of South Park. :rofl:

5 Likes

Lool I’m sure if Jennifer Lopez was some weed, she would smell like that. I think ReikoXs naming game is strong!

@keene it’s mostly from stem rubs. Definitely fruity, I’m super curious to see if it’ll actually smell/taste like cherry brandy.

5 Likes

JLo f3

Cherry brandy

NYC diesel

7 Likes

Breaking news, I’ll be joining the dark side in the next few weeks as I will attempt my first DWC run.

I ran out of soil and decided it was my opportunity to try hydro. It may help me achieve my goal of growing so much herb that all there is left to do is give my herb away to friends and family.

3 Likes

I hate soil mites, everytime I touch a pot or even a leaf they all jump on my hands. You cant feel them but you can see them, if you know they’re there. Anyways, time for a update on the plants.

JLo: getting really frosty and the spicy stink got more mellow and sweet. Really excited to try them. Oh and im not sure but it may have started to go purple, we’ll see.

Cherry brandy:

NYC Diesel: growing crazy fast.

Trying to cut a hole im my tote, i cut one size too big and one size too small. I’ll use the destroyed tote for all the grow stuff.

7 Likes

So in the end the extra tote is going to be useful to do the water changes. I removed the humidifier and tower fan, they took to much space. Instead I’ll get a clip on fan I saw at canadiantire.

The piece of garbage bag is just to cover the small light leaks from the design of the tote.

For my first try I’ll be growing an Alien Rock Candy fem (sour dubble x tahoe alien), a complementary seed from seedsman. I’m starting it in a paper towel.

6 Likes

I hope this works.

4 Likes