ELG's Lost Garden

Well fuck, 4 plants is too much, the RH was 60, temps are varying too much and it’s only going to get warmer. I’ll have to kill another one tonight…

5 Likes

I originally had 2 of the 3 air flaps open for air to come in, and I forgot that I closed one to keep the humidity in for the dry winter months. Now I have 2 open and everything is fine. I ended up keeping the 4 plants, but killed the mystery seedling…

I also gave all the plants some Gaia green 4-4-4 with 3 cups of worm castings to cover all that powder.

I totally forgot that I could defoliate the plants to help with humidity also, so that’s one of the next things to do. After that we go into flower and hopefully harvest some louuuud.

4 Likes

Really glad you didn’t kill off one of the big ones :sweat_smile: haha. They’re looking great @ELG!! The tent is going to be full of buds once you flip the lights and flowers those beautiful bushes :star_struck:

4 Likes

Thanks @Oldtimerunderground! The Black Lebanon bx × SB really impressed me, it straight up turned into a tight bush with crazy side branching.

3 Likes

Day 2 of flower. I’m happy with the coverage I got, it should give me enough to go through the summer. I was worried I would have trouble timing the feeding, but I think I’m good now. I plan on using the chemical nutes to ensure I get the plants full potential, at least I’ll try lol.

7 Likes

While we wait for pretty pictures of flowering, let me introduce you to my plants.

Here’s the Black Lebanon bx × Strawberry Banana Fem. She was bred by @Oldtimerunderground. I definitely see the SB in her, she has super pointy/sharp leaf seration and is pretty bushy. The BL could have helped the bushiness, other than that it added a nice creaminess to the SB’s sweetness in the stem rubs. It’s also recovering (I think) from some nutrient imbalance, possibly caused by my ph pen and late reamending.

This is a White Cherry Truffle F2 Fem, bred by @Eagles009. This one is the slowest to grow and the most interesting. The stem rubs smells so loud and funky, I can’t relate that smell to anything other than good smelling garbage, or maybe that’s the smell of truffles… The structure is also really interesting, I’m not sure how to describe it, nodes are going every direction. These are my first high end seeds.

Next is the C99 × Mendo Breath Fem. This one I got from Sebring. Nothing particular on the stem rubs, the smell is nice. It grows really fast and is the opposite of bushy. That allowed me to get a bit more coverage.

Finally, the NYCD × Strawberry Banana Fast Fem. This one I bred myself. The goal was simply to have fast flowering plants to do some experiments. It grows pretty fast and easily. No noticeable smell coming from the stem rubs for now.

7 Likes

I was trying to do some stem bending (to called supercropping I think) to even out the c99×mb and broke a stem…

Not sure if it’ll survive, it looks kind of dead now.

Plants look good. But the leafs are so dark, maybe they’re receivinga bit too much N. At the same time the leaf tips stopped the yellowing and dark spots. In any case I’ll be switching to the 284 bloom in the next feeding. I was thinking the deficiency could be caused by not enough Mg , I’ll try to add a bit of Epsom salt in my watering in the future this week.

Other than that, all the plants have showed pistils after 9 days of 12/12, some more then the others.

6 Likes

If the break is really serious, you can treat it like a graft and put a bag over the broken end so it won’t dehydrate.

3 Likes

@JoeCrowe It’s pretty solid break lol. I don’t think I’ll keep it if I don’t see any progress by tonight. I didn’t know bagging the branch helped, I’ll try that next time it happens, thanks for the tip!

3 Likes

Day 11 of flower. Things are looking nice, noticed a bit of stretching, a lot from the c99×mb.

7 Likes

We are back in business. Canopy is even more even now :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

I’m not sure if it’s placebo or if I hit the target vpd but the plants seem happier after adding Epsom salts to the watering yesterday. I’m using ~0.25g per liter. Different angle for the photo today.

7 Likes

Nice! :smiley:
They really look happy and healthy.

The Black Lebanon x Strawberry Banana is bushy and thick, great growing bro :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Thanks OTUG, I try my best. Happy plants = happy ELG. The black Lebanon × SB is my favorite, I love the way she grows!

6 Likes

I noticed a bit of a slow down, but the green hasn’t faded. I’m guessing it might be using less N, now that it’s in flower. I gave them a half feeding of gaïa green 2-8-4 bloom. We’ll see how it goes. They should be good for another month, by that time they hopefully will be 3/4 of the way there and I’ll finish them using the PK booster I have.

Day 17

9 Likes

The plants are loving life. First signs of trichomes on the WCT, the others too but less. I might have to put the carbon filter outside the tent and raise the lights.

10 Likes

They really are!! Looking great :grinning:

To raise the light without having to move the carbon filter, you can loop the 4 hanging wires from the light through the carabiner.

8 Likes

Nice, that’s exactly the trick I needed, thanks!

5 Likes

I checked the lighting with a light meter app. The highest point was 500ppfd, so I ended up lowering the lights instead of rising them. Oh and I also raised the pk boost feeding. Next upgrade is an milk frother to mix the nutes.

9 Likes

I wish I could get a nice, trained canopy like that.

2 Likes