Emeraldgreen first thread (Part 1)

One sentence… It comes with 1500 hp!!! You gotta PAY $110 for each of them!
:rofl:

3 Likes

I have been remiss in visiting your thread bro. Three days! What kind of friend am I anyway!?
LOL
Good morning all!

2 Likes

@Mrgreenthumb egg scrambles here this morning. You?

@MoBilly id imagine a busy friend! How’s the pantry , I mean bedroom coming along? Baby boy is getting better?

2 Likes

Busy… you nailed that one. lol
He’s getting around, eating… He’s just not straightening his back up or bouncing around like baby goats do.
I made a deal with my wife’s aunt. We now own the father of this little guy. He’s only ~ 1 1/2 years old and very gentle. He just has some MASSIVE horns and Eva’s aunt is an older woman. She is afraid to keep adult billies. So now I own him and she will bring her nannies down here to have them bred. It’s a win for both of us.
Of course, after bottle feeding this little guy, there’s absolutely no chance that he will be going anywhere. I’ll have two mature billies if he straightens out. If not, I’ll have one breeding billy and one wether (neutered male) billy to keep down the grass in the yard around the house. lol

4 Likes

It sounded like a project I want nothing to do with :joy::joy::crazy_face:
He needs back massages with his bottle :grin:

3 Likes

Every time.
We’ve been doing rehab on him slowly. Like I said, he’s getting around better. The little guy can move faster than I can at times but if his back isn’t straightened out he can’t be a breeder. If I KNEW it was from an injury, maybe. But I don’t know for sure. If it’s genetic he should never breed anything. All his siblings are healthy goats so I’m still doubting if that could be the case.
I was given a link to a chat with a vet that specializes in goats. After I chat with her I’ll have a better idea what’s up and what to do about it.

4 Likes

Best yard maintenance workers out there!

3 Likes

And the wages aren’t too bad either. lol

4 Likes

Win/win lol!

4 Likes

I remember hearing San Francisco uses a goat herd to clear brush/ vegetation.

3 Likes

they eat everything! people use them up her to clear out areas. the eat raspberry bushes thorns and all
eat the poison ivy too! they will strip every thing they can reach above them all the way to the ground.

anyone looking for skunk crosses mister bee has a sign up at post 810 in his give away thread that is up for 24hrs only.

4 Likes

There are a few people around here that rent out their herd to clear land that otherwise couldn’t be cleared. They train the critters to an electric fence because they can put one up in little time. After that they bring in the goats. It doesn’t take long to clear underbrush from a pretty good size section with a decent number of goats.

7 Likes

One of our neighbors tried using a goat tied with a long lead to a pole to clear an overgrown pasture and I was thinking about giving it a go as well. Unfortunately a bear got to it within a few days of it being put out in the pasture and I decided not to try it. I’d love to have more animals around but the bobcats, coyotes, fox and bear are fat enough around here without me feeding them our animals too.

7 Likes

And that is why we have seven livestock guardian dogs.
The bear population is growing fast around here.

5 Likes

Our other neighbor has a couple Great Pyrenees for that too. He has mini donkeys that are really cute. My wife wants one so bad but I’m not up to more chores right now. It’s fun to visit them though.

4 Likes

I like the Pyrenees but ours are crossed with Anatolian Shepard on the mothers side and the father is Polish Tatra Mountain Sheepdog. They average around 75-85 lbs and have a backbone a mile wide.

7 Likes

My grandma has 3 of them and they are just big fluffy puppies they are so lovey dovey and great guard dogs

4 Likes

Morning dude, how you been the past few days?

3 Likes

Good morning @Hotrods_and_hounds been trying to figure out a way forward. You?

3 Likes

Huh? What does that mean ?

2 Likes